PDA

View Full Version : Turning a Resort Reservation into a Package

svarhall07
03-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I have my 12th Disney vacation reserved at the Pop Century in May. I have also already made all of my ADRs. I did not book it as a package, so I don't have tickets purchased yet. Is it possible to change a resort reservatoin into a package to get the few extra benefits?

KarenP
03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Room only reservations and packages are booked in 2 separate departments in Disney. You will have to rebook on a package and cancel the room reservation. The deposit from the room will be refunded. You will have to apply a new deposit and payment in full 45 days prior on the package.

CleveRocks
03-28-2008, 08:25 PM
I have my 12th Disney vacation reserved at the Pop Century in May. I have also already made all of my ADRs. I did not book it as a package, so I don't have tickets purchased yet. Is it possible to change a resort reservatoin into a package to get the few extra benefits?I'm curious why you'd want to bother with the hassle for the few extra benefits? A keychain, a meal discount, a souvenir luggage tag?

I just want to make sure you know you can still reserve/buy tickets as part of a room-only reservation. Strange, but true.

svarhall07
03-31-2008, 01:39 AM
to be honest, I only want to make sure my hopper passes will be added to my "Key to the World" card. When I was there last November, I had a room key card and then separate printed tickets and it was such a hassle. the other benefits don't matter. I have already fully paid for my hotel reservation, so can I add tickets and have them apply the tickets to my key to the world?

CleveRocks
03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, they can do that for you right at the front desk.

Tick-Tock
03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
And remember, if you cancel your current reservation, your ADRs would get canceled as well...

azdisneymom
03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
And remember, if you cancel your current reservation, your ADRs would get canceled as well...

Wow, I am so glad you asked this question. I booked a room only because I wasn't 100% sure I would get to go. You have to cancel completely? What if the view you wanted wasn't available? Should I call now (trip is in Oct.) and switch to a package? :confused:

Tick-Tock
03-31-2008, 07:14 PM
I believe if you switch from room-only to package or vice versa, it's a cancellation and a re-book. Not sure about if you're changing room views (I've only ever changed resorts, and it was a complete cancellation, new reservation number and all). And as I said above, I've heard that if you cancel a resort reservation, the ADRs get canceled too - but maybe someone can confirm? Maybe I'm wrong?

One way to avoid losing your ADRs might be not to tie them to a room reservation - just use your phone number (and maybe to be even safer put them under a different name than the resort reservation, like a spouse). I don't know how sophisticated Disney's system is (that is, if you don't dial in your reservation number when you call for ADRs, I'm not sure that they would cross-connect the ADR and a resort reservation - but maybe they can?). You don't have to be a resort guest to make an ADR - the real advantage of being a resort guest is if you want to take advantage of the 180 + 10 booking ability.

CleveRocks
03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
The above quote is totally incorrect. TOTALLY.

I don't want to be rude in saying the above quote is wrong, but I don't want people to get wrong information, either.

ADRs simply have nothing to do with your resort information. They aren't tied together in any way. You don't need to be staying at a WDW resort to make an ADR. Locals can make an ADR. People on a road trip from Key West to Alaska can make an ADR. People staying at the Holiday Inn can make an ADR.

ADRs are coded by your telephone number (you must supply it when making ADRs).

If you cancel any WDW room reservation, you DO NOT get your ADRs cancelled. Period. End of story.

The only way I can see ADRs getting cancelled is if you use an outside travel agent to book your WDW trip including making your ADRs for you ... if you stop doing business with that travel agent, that travel agent might cancel your ADRs when canceling the rest of your trip.

But under normal circumstances ... NO WAY does any change or cancellation in a room-only or package reservation affect your ADRs in any way at all.

FACT.

CleveRocks
03-31-2008, 08:24 PM
I believe if you switch from room-only to package or vice versa, it's a cancellation and a re-book.
This is correct.

These 2 different types of reservations are handled by different parts of the Disney reservations system. It is accurate that to change from one to another, it is actually a cancel and rebook process.

But you can even change resorts and keep the same reservation number, as long as you are not switching from room-only to package or vice versa.