PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for teenage girl

JMTStone
03-28-2008, 11:43 AM
We have two DDs 1 is 15 the other 6. On our May 2006 trip, the DD6 played at Simba's Clubhouse while we took DD13 to Downtown Disney. We spent most of our time at Disney Quest. She loved it. In November we went to the Marketplace.. liked but not loved.

For our June trip, we wanted to take the older daughter out again while DD6 stays at another camp. She's less interested in Disney Quest this time. She's interested in Magic.. but I don't know anything about age restrictions, etc.

Anyone have a clue? I'm without one!

DDuck66
03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I believe that there is a Magic Shop at DTD. The CM's are actually magicians and will amaze you with the tricks. Once you decide to purchase a "trick" they take you backstage and teach you how to do it properly. I have heard that it is a lot of fun if you like Magic. The name of the store is Magic Masters. I believe it is the West End of DTD.

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 07:37 PM
The water parks are awesome too! My DD is 17 and we usually rotate DQ and the waterparks every year. The Magic shop is incredible and is a must do every year! Dont miss that even if you decide to splurge on your DD elsewhere :mickey:

Piglet822
03-29-2008, 08:00 AM
I think La Nouba is a fabulous show - is that something your daughter would enjoy? I know it's a bit on the pricey side but it's worth every penny, IMO.

Deesdisney
03-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Why not take her to a really nice place for dinner then go on the fireworks cruise or take her to the comedy club? or Adventure Club at Pleasure Island.

JMTStone
03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
We've done a few Cirque shows including LaN.

She wants to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner and then we'll do the magic store. Is it close?

Is the comedy place age-appropriate for her 15?

Thank you all!!!!

Piglet822
03-29-2008, 01:30 PM
It's not far at all, I believe the magic shop is around the corner from the AMC theatre - I've personally never been to the Comedy Club but a lot of people here on INTERCOT have posted that the early shows are more suitable for kids. I guess it depends also on how mature your 15 year old is - no matter what you do I'm sure she'll have a good time :)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-29-2008, 02:35 PM
We've done a few Cirque shows including LaN.

She wants to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner and then we'll do the magic store. Is it close?

Is the comedy place age-appropriate for her 15?

Thank you all!!!!

The earlier shows are much less...um, shocking, I guess...lol The later in the night it gets, the drunker people get, so the raunchier and "funnier" the performers feel they need to be... lol

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
What about the Behind the Scenes tour? I dont think that your 6 yr old can do it anyway...They offer surfing lessions at one of the waterparks in the mornings... I think I saw this on one Disney shows on Travel Channel...:mickey: