PDA

View Full Version : Apparently my 180 days out starts tomorow....

WriteDisney
03-28-2008, 10:03 AM
and not today.. thats alright though... it gives me an extra day to share my dining plans with my fellow intercoters to get their feedback on my dining plans... I'm going from September 25-October 4..

it'll be our first big vacation of the year (since I don't have that many vacation days I was trying to wait to spend them all)... so we're going all out for it :thumbsup: I'm on the DDP and I'll be going with DBF for the second time (went together last year too)

Thursday, September 25:
Dinner: Beaches and Cream

Friday, September 26:
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe
Dinner: Coral Reef

Saturday, September 27:
Dinner: Ohana's

Sunday, September 28:
Afternoon: Tea at the Garden Grill
Dinner: Mama Melrose

Monday, September 29:
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe

Tuesday, September 30:
Morning: Dolphins in Depth Tour! (ok thats not an ADR but I'm excited about it so I shared!)
Dinner: Boma!

Wednesday, October 1:
Dinner: Rose and Crown Pub (hopefully seating for illuminations)

Thursday, October 2:
Dinner: Artist's Point
MNSSHP at MK! (our first time for this!)

Friday, October 3:
Dinner: Le Cellier

Saturday:
We leave!

Ok, so I added some of our other plans for the trip. What do you think? What are your experiences with any of these? Did I plan well or should I make last minute changes?

I tried my best to coordinate with EMH in teh parks and eat in restaurants close by (which is hard since October EMH aren't out yet).

I would love any feedback, thanks so much Intercot :thumbsup:

yjgirl715
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Well I won't be much help- the only place I have eaten at was the Coral Reef- it was great. I liked the food and the atmosphere. I am somewhat of a picky eater and I was able to find something on the menu to eat. Our Server was nice and was able to help with all our questions. I am planning a trip for next Sept and would love to see a review of your choices. Have a great trip.

Vinny
03-28-2008, 11:31 AM
I am in the same situation as the previous poster as we have only been to two of the restaurants you have picked out. They are Le Cellier and Ohana. We enjoyed both of them very much and try to get an ADR every time we go to WDW. We have done Ohana on our last two trips and have always had great service and quality/selection of food. The bread pudding desert was the best part of our meal and was served just in time for us to watch Wishes out the window over at MK. Our experiences at Le Cellier have been the same as Ohana in terms of service and quality. Be sure to try the three different kinds of bread sticks served as appetizers, they are very good. Have a great trip!!

DDuck66
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
The only one that I might rethink is Oct 2nd and the MNSSHP. What are you going to do that day. The party starts at 7:00 pm and they will let you in at 4:00 pm. I would either eat an early dinner at AP around 5:00 pm or maybe go there for lunch. We have had dinner plans before during the party and we missed a lot of the action. The party is the best hard ticket event that WDW has (IMHO), and there is a lot to do.

WriteDisney
03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
The only one that I might rethink is Oct 2nd and the MNSSHP. What are you going to do that day. The party starts at 7:00 pm and they will let you in at 4:00 pm. I would either eat an early dinner at AP around 5:00 pm or maybe go there for lunch. We have had dinner plans before during the party and we missed a lot of the action. The party is the best hard ticket event that WDW has (IMHO), and there is a lot to do.

Ahhh good advice! I never thought of that I'm going to take it into consideration, maybe a lunch would work out better...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

KAT1811
03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I figured that the best way to reply was to imbed my thoughts in your original email so here goes.

Thursday, September 25:
Dinner: Beaches and Cream
Fun and cute. Not one of my favorite restaurants on property. I would certainly eat here but I am not sure that I would waste a TS credit here.

Friday, September 26:
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe Good breakfast. Great character interaction. When we dined there we were literally the only people in the restaurant.
Dinner: Coral ReefNever eaten here. Looks interesting.

Saturday, September 27:
Dinner: Ohana's We loved 'Ohana's. Good food (although I hear they nixed the potatoes. :() Lots of fun. We will certainly be visiting here again on our next trip.

Sunday, September 28:
Afternoon: Tea at the Garden Grill ? Tea ? I wasn't aware they served tea.
Dinner: Mama Melrose We like it. Fun atmosphere, a great break from the park. The flatbread was very good on our last visit.

Monday, September 29:
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe We'll be trying the GFC on our next trip as well. I'd be interested to know how you like this one.

Tuesday, September 30:
Morning: Dolphins in Depth Tour! (ok thats not an ADR but I'm excited about it so I shared!)Great tour!! I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Dinner: Boma! Looks interesting and so many people on here love it. I'm not too sure that we'll be trying it anytime soon just because it is so far out of the way.

Wednesday, October 1:
Dinner: Rose and Crown Pub (hopefully seating for illuminations) Never eaten here either but I here they have the best seats for Illuminations!

Thursday, October 2:
Dinner: Artist's Point Again never eaten here but the menu sounds fun. I enjoyed just being in the WL and walking around (We dined at the WCC on our last trip)
MNSSHP at MK! (our first time for this!) SO much fun!!! The best fireworks display I've see to date. The musical score is wonderful and fun. Don't forget to get your trick or treat bag.

Friday, October 3:
Dinner: Le Cellier One of the best meals we have had in WDW. Love the bread sticks and the cheese soup

Saturday:
We leave! All good things come to an end!

Hammer
03-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Ahhh good advice! I never thought of that I'm going to take it into consideration, maybe a lunch would work out better...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Artist Point does not serve lunch, only dinner. Maybe have a meal inside the Magic Kingdom before the Halloween Party?

Also, did you mean Tea at the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Floridian rather than Garden Grill? There is not a Tea served at the Garden Grill. The Tea at the Garden View Lounge is fantastic (read my review here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118713)) .

Mickey91
03-29-2008, 11:28 PM
LTT is a lot of fun for the MNSSHP! The characters are dressed for Halloween and up to their antics. If you don't mind eating early, book a 4PM and get there 15 min early. You might get to open it for dinner!:mickey:

pdrlkr
03-30-2008, 02:13 PM
We have not tried the Grand Floridian Cafe or Artist's Point but all the others are fantastic! :thumbsup:

WriteDisney
03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Artist Point does not serve lunch, only dinner. Maybe have a meal inside the Magic Kingdom before the Halloween Party?

Also, did you mean Tea at the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Floridian rather than Garden Grill? There is not a Tea served at the Garden Grill. The Tea at the Garden View Lounge is fantastic (read my review here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118713)) .

Yes I did mean Garden View not Garden Grill. We booked all our ADR's! We currently have a 5:30 reservation at Artist's Point, since the party starts at 7 p.m. I think we might be okay. But we're still considering moving that dinner to another night so we can stay in the parks.

Thanks for all the comments! They were very helpful, as always :thumbsup: