PDA

View Full Version : ADR's at 4am - really necessary?

drhama
03-27-2008, 11:54 PM
We are fast approching our 180 mark, Sunday actually. I have been reading posts about calling as soon as the lines open to ensure you get ressies at all of the restaurants that you want. I live on the west coast. The thought of getting up at 4 to talk on the phone does not thrill me. Is it really necessary? We do want to eat at CRT but for dinner, Cali for dinner but not for when wishes is on, we also want to eat at Le Cellier but that is 6 days into our trip. I don't think any of the other places we want to eat at are on just can't get list. I am hoping that you all we tell me to call anytime but I probably won't be able to sleep and will be up at 4 and on the phone anyway.

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 12:20 AM
:funny: I was just in your shoes! Im east coast and I waited until 10 am. Rest assured I got each restaurant at the time I wanted no problem! I was actually pretty surprised that there were even OPTIONS regarding times. I was super worried b/c last year I waited until 90 days and got into the restaurants I wanted but not anywhere near the times I wanted or on the days I wanted for that matter. So sleep in a little ... :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
03-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Since you can make your ressies for up to ten days at a time, it makes it more difficult to judge your situation. If it were me and I really wanted to eat at these places, I would call at 4:00AM. There is no way to guarantee it otherwise. Actually, there's no way to absolutely guarantee it then! You stand a better chance if you are flexible on times. Most people don't want to eat really early or late, so those times are usually available longer. Out of the ones you mention, I believe the toughest one to get would be LeCellier.

Mickey91
03-28-2008, 12:48 AM
I just made our ADRs this month on the 180 day mark. I called at exactly 7:00 AM. I was able to get into all the restaurants but, I had a couple of times that I already could not get. Especially Le Cellier. I had to accept a much later time than I had tried. I believe the earliest available on the day I wanted, which was in the middle of our vacation, was 7:30PM.

BigRedDad
03-28-2008, 01:28 AM
A lot will depend on when you go as well. If it is a more crowded time, then it may be necessary. If you are flexible, it should not matter. If you want CRT for breakfast, good luck.

drhama
03-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Thanks all for your advice. More than likely, I'll be up at 4.

Mickey 101
03-28-2008, 02:13 AM
We live in Central time zone, so its not quite as early for us when Disney Dining opens, but a few years ago, I got up at 5:45 four mornings in a row to finally score breakfast at CRT. When I actually got in, I couldn't believe it. The experience was definitely worth it, though!!

LauraF
03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
I usually wait until I'm at work to call and the only time I didn't get everything I wanted was when I moved my trip last year that was supposed to be in Nov to Sept to get the free dining. I called Dining in June. Hah! :secret: Even then I got all my choices switched except one. The secret is to be flexible and not base your entire trip's enjoyment on getting the exact time and place you want.

Tygger7
03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I just made our ADRs this month on the 180 day mark. I called at exactly 7:00 AM. I was able to get into all the restaurants but, I had a couple of times that I already could not get. Especially Le Cellier. I had to accept a much later time than I had tried.

This happened to me, back in November when I called at the 180 day mark to make our reservations for May. There were NO restaurants that I got my first choice of times for. Luckily, I was able to get within 30 mins of the times I wanted, with the exception of Le Cellier and California Grill. Both of those, I had to take 7:40pm reservations.

SBETigg
03-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I always call at around 1 pm at the 180 mark and I have always gotten everything I wanted. But there are no guarantees. It depends on if you're willing to risk it, I guess. I wouldn't get up early just to make ADRs.

We had no problem getting Le Cellier or a fireworks time for Cali Grill last time, but I did make those ADRs before I made all the others. My recommendation is to make sure you don't make the ADRs in order of days, but in order of importance to you and difficulty in getting ADRs. So, Le Cellier first, CRT dinner, etc.

wedway fan
03-28-2008, 12:22 PM
i called late morning east coast time on my 180 day mark, and had no problem getting ADRs for everything i wanted- and i was booking for a party of 11. i even had to reschedule my le cellier dinner several weeks later, and while seating for 11 was out of the question and it wasn't at the time i wanted anymore, i still got a split ressie for 6/4/2 on the day that i wanted.

(i think your point about le cellier being late in the trip is a valid one too.)

good luck!

JustCallMeSquishy
03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Last time I had to do that was when we lived in Hawaii and I woke up at 1AM!! Atleast we got everything we wanted!

thrillme
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm still in favor of making reservations the DAY of and cut out all this 180 days stuff unless you have a REALLY large party. Unfortunately this ADR 180 days out has really made it miserable for those of us who prefer to be walk-ups in the first place. Fortunately since there's only 2 (now 3) of us...we usually have fairly decent luck if we go at an "off" time. We might have to wait an hour or two but that's tolerable. If it gets much worse then I'll probably get to where I'll just go off site.

I don't know how anybody has a CLUE where and when they're going to be and WHAT they're going to be hungry for. I can't even plan for a week of meals at home, when we're going to eat or even WHO's going to eat them and there's only three of us.

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Put the number on speed dial and place the phone and a pen and notebook by your bed!:thumbsup:

AuntDJ
03-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I live in central time zone and I call after I get to work so that is 9 am Florida time. I have not had any issues getting what I want..including Le Cellier and CRT breakfast.

I think it is important to call right on the dot, if you are in need of a SPECFIC dining time. I am not, so I just tell them where I want, what date and a general time range, i.e lunch time 11-1 and then they tell me what they have..

Good Luck!
DJ

drhama
03-29-2008, 01:23 AM
Thank you all for you input. I am flexible about the times. Just me and the hubby this time but, I am **** about planning. I think I have been trying to convince myself that I could actually wake up whenever I do and make the call for my ADRs. I know, I will be up at 4.

Natazu
03-29-2008, 01:46 AM
There's a 4 AM?

Love of Disney
03-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I booked our ADRs for July at 120 days out. We managed to get everything we wanted and the approximate times we wanted. Maybe we were just lucky or maybe they don't all book up that quickly! Good luck!! :cool:

Hull-onian
03-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Be safe and make the call. That way you are guaranteed to get what you want.:thumbsup:

GINNY69
03-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I say sleep in !!!! Getting up at 4 a.m to make dining reservations sounds a little bit too much. I live on the east coast and I made my reservations at 7 pm at night and I got all my dining options and times with no problem and I am going in June and I made this reservations back in late January.. I say around 7 or 8 am your time give them a call but at 4 am no way !!!!

jedi jen
03-31-2008, 02:06 AM
I vote sleep in. I think if you call when you get up, you will be fine.

wendy*darling
03-31-2008, 08:56 AM
So, drhama.... how did you do?

Did you set the alarm, or sleep in?
Did you get what you wanted?

Inquiring minds want to know! :mickey: