PDA

View Full Version : Pirate & Princess party

auntfrannie
03-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Besides the park being less crowded and getting on rides quicker, is there anything special about the P&P party? Are there special fireworks? I think I read that there's a different parade but is it extra special? I'm making a solo trip and would like to see it if there's special decorating or parades. I'm not really big on riding the rides so having shorter lines really isn't a big interest for me. Thanks!

TOThater
03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Well your right theres also Jack but is a line for like 45 min. just to see him

Rekced
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
The fireworks are quite amazing at the Pirates and Princess show. The parade is neat, but pretty short.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
The parade is pretty neat. But the fireworks are worth the whole night in my opinion. AMAZING. It is also cool to go watch it from Poly and then go sea the fireworks at the actually party. We went to the party in Jan, then early Feb saw the fireworks from Poly beach, then went to the party again at the end of Feb. It really is an amazing perspective...so if your trip time allows, do that as well.

The line for Jack can be long, but go right after the fireworks and you'll only wait like, 15 min. That's what we did both times.

linedropper
03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Agree with flatink, we did the Jack line right after the fireworks and waited less then 15 minutes. We also watched the fireworks from about 100 feet away from the entrance to adventureland. which made it a quick sprint to Jack! But the pictures were worth it!

Also agree that the fireworks show was my favorite of all the times I have been to Disney! we loved it!

Parade was short but it was very good!

Steve:mickey:

auntfrannie
03-28-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback! Is Main Street decorated any differently? Is there any special party merchandise available in the gift stores like there is during the MNSSHP and MVMCP?

Belle619
03-28-2008, 08:14 AM
I went to the P&P last year with my sister, we were two adults, but we LOVED it!

The fireworks are amazing - completely different than Wishes. And we enjoyed the ability to walk onto rides - and this was true for not just the thrill rides, but even IASW, the Carousel, etc.

There are also fun activities - like Sebastian’s dance party - yes, we danced with the giant fish. And the photo ops were the best part, in my oppinion. You can have your pic taken with characters and with props, such as Cinderella's coach that are not normally available.

I don't recall special decorations on Main St., but the characters are dressed like Pirates/Princesses which is fun to see.

I definitely recommend this to any adult! Have fun!

missbrookwood
03-28-2008, 10:01 AM
It was a great party. I went with a friend of mine and we wore our crowns. Lots of peole are dressed up like pirates and princesses in all age groups. Collecting treasures is fun too. They give you a loot bag and you go around and collect little trinkets. Nothing exciting but just adds some fun to the night looking for where "X marks the spot". The merchandise is there but you have to really look closely for it or ask people that work in the stores. The shirts are not as good looking as the shirts for the other parties.

I am a pin collector and they do have a pin for the event as well as a passholder pin. I am taking my DH and DS during our spring break so they can experience the magic. :pirate:

moe513
03-29-2008, 11:20 AM
We found the difference, the fireworks,parade,Jack Sparrow and the ugly step sisters from Cinderella. Also,you can go around to different location and get candy and beads. There was also a neat looking Cinderella coach /photo stop set up near its a small world.The night we went was very crowded. We didnt bother with the beads/candy.The line for Jack Sparrow was always more that 1 hr and by the time we found the step sisters they were leaving for thee night. Plus, the rides had long lines. Not so sure we would spend the money again.

tink&cinderblabla2185
03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
the night we went was not crowded at all, there were several people but we were able to walk onto most rides. Our DD3 loved seeing Tinkerbell laugh on the treasure chest in the parade since this was the only time she could be Tinkerbell even that close. the fireworks were awesome and it was a great night overall. My DH and I didn't go see Jack Sparrow but my sister and brother-in-law did and got some awesome pics with him (including Jack proposing to my sister). We would definitely do it again if the party is going on the next time we go.:party:

ledudes
03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Ooo, my daughter would love to see the step sisters, does anyone know where to find them at the party?

B. N. Fait
03-29-2008, 12:42 PM
We went to WDW last August, and I considered going to the party, but didn't. Is the park open later for the guests of the party only? That might be a plus, if it's less crowded.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Ooo, my daughter would love to see the step sisters, does anyone know where to find them at the party?

Both times we were there they were at Belle's Story garden thing or whatever it is called... on the left off the walkway between the castle and Cosmic Ray's. They were there with Lady Tremaine as well.

We went to WDW last August, and I considered going to the party, but didn't. Is the park open later for the guests of the party only? That might be a plus, if it's less crowded.

It is a hard ticket event. Which means that in order for you to stay, you MUST have a ticket in order to stay for the event. With a ticket, you can get in starting at 4pm, the event starts at 7pm. If you don't have a ticket and are in the park at park closing (7pm) then you have to leave. Party ticket holders get a wristband which lets CMs know that you are supposed to be there for the party. Unless you have one, they will turn you away from rides.

So yes, to answer your question...the park is only open from 7-12 for the Party and thus ticket holders to the Party.

Bethanymouse
03-30-2008, 01:32 AM
We decuded to try the PP&P last summer and were blown away. The park is completely transformed into a pirate and princess haven! It is so cool! We loved the fireworks show, it was absolutely amazing, the best I have ever seen. And we loved the parade! It was so much fun! We really enjoyed ourselves and I am a bit disappointed it wont be happening again this summer!

mjesq
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM
The lighting and music throughout the park is changed. There is also a pirate ship that "sails" across the buildings on main street that I thought was really cool! (It's lights in the shape of the ship).

The fireworks were wonderful - we watched them from our balcony first then in the park for the actual party. There are also special photopass set ups (that I now wish we had taken advantage of!) like cinderellas carriage.

threeh
04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
We went to P&P party in Feb. it was on a Tuesday night and we about had the park to ourselves. It was soooooo much fun. The music is great, all the pirate things are really fun and the fireworks were some of the best I've seen. We were luck enough to have a really good view from our room at the Poly so we were able to watch the fireworks again on the weekend during our trip. I was sorta unsure about going to the P&P party when I booked our trip, but I am really glad we went. We had a great time, would do it again next trip!!:mickey: