PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown

elmjimmlm
03-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I recently watched a show about Disney that had a couple that ate here and asked to be seated outside to watch Illuminations...They sat right at the water and had a great seat for the show...Has anyone had this experience? Do you know how big the area is outside to sit and do you think a group of 10 could fit? Thanks:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-27-2008, 06:30 PM
It's not too big of an area. I suppose getting 10 is possible, but it'd be very difficult as that's a very popular spot to watch the show. Usually they seat parties of less than 4 out there. If they would allow a party that big you'd probably need to get an ADR around 7 then stay put until the show.

The other aspect to this is you can't reserve a spot outside. You can ask for one when you walk up for your ADR, and even tell the CM's you'll be willing to wait to get a spot outside, but you can't guarantee you'll get it.

dolewhiplovers
03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
We went down in Sept/Oct. 07. We had a party of 4 and made reservations for the last seating of the evening (I believe 7:40). We were seated inside and enjoyed a great meal. At the end of the meal, our server asked if we would like to stay to watch the fireworks from the deck. She then led us out to an empty table and we enjoyed the best seat at EPCOT for Illuminations. It was amazing! EPCOT was incredibly crowded that night but Rose and Crown had cleared out just before the fireworks started. I would just ask for the last seating of the evening.

thejens
03-27-2008, 11:47 PM
I love the food at RC but never was lucky on seating for illuminations. It is so crowded even if you eat there there is no guarantee you'll get a good spot to watch show. I tried later ressie one year then earlier the next. This year I am going to pass, but I will miss the fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding. Yum.

LauraF
03-28-2008, 09:41 AM
I've eaten there for Illuminations three times, and while it's nice to see, it's close quarters. The biggest party I ever took there was six people. I probably won't try again - I'd rather have a bit more space and open air.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I love the food at RC but never was lucky on seating for illuminations. It is so crowded even if you eat there there is no guarantee you'll get a good spot to watch show. I tried later ressie one year then earlier the next. This year I am going to pass, but I will miss the fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding. Yum.

One of my favorite places, but we've never timed it just right for Illuminations....Had a hard time seating six of us outside last summer; don't think ten will happen. Still going back for the atmosphere and food, though--love it!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129542) for a recent thread about the same topic! :mickey:

pandkx3
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
We made adr last june for 7:40 and arrived a little early. There had been a shower and it was not as crowed as usual. We were seated on the patio right next to the water and had a wonderful experience. We watched illuminations by candlelight. My kids thought this was one of the best things about our trip:party: