PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for 2

tink'72
03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Okay, so we are going to WDW in July with my DD. He has offered to watch my children on one of the nights so me and my DH can have a nice night out. Here's the problem, I only know family friendly places to dine. Any suggestions on nice but casuel places for just me and DH to go? :cloud9:

jwildflower1981
03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
My DH and I alove the Coral Reef in Epcot. The lighting is low, the atmosphere is romantic, and the food is wonderful. :mickey:

mook3y
03-27-2008, 05:30 PM
My DW and me really enjoyed our night out last year, we went to Narcoossee's for dinner then to DTD and adventurer's club.

You could always pick a DTD restaurant to eat at if Narcoossee's is not casual enough for you. :) but adventurer's club is a blast.

PetefromRI
03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
We absolutely love Fulton's Crab House in DTD.It's alittle pricey but a nice adult place for dinner,the food is awesome, and then a nice walk through the West side and back up through the Market Place.

myhappyplace
03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
If you like music, and not concerned about the DDP. House of Blues might be fun and interesting for you. Then you can head over to the advertures club. That is my kind of night out with my husband. Good music and lots of laughs, can't get any better than that.

Natazu
03-28-2008, 03:23 AM
Jym's Top-7 "Parents Night Out" Casual WDW Restaurants:
7. ‘Ohana
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Narcoossee's *
3. Citrico’s *
2. Flying Fish Café *
1. California Grill *

The * denotes signature restaurants which are 2 Table Service allotments on the Dining Plan. They are also more expensive than the others.

Mook had a great idea in going to Adventurer's Club afterwards.

dumbo_buddy
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
DH and i loooooved flying fish!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Our favorite place for a romantic meal is the CA Grill. However, I would also suggest Narcoose's, Jiko, and Flying Fish Cafe. Artist Point is good but I wasn't as blown away by this one as some of the other signature restaurants.

Tygger7
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
It's on the pricy side, but I'd suggest Artist Point. I've heard excellent feedback on it.

Something to consider....since you're looking for a place in June, make a list of all the places that have been suggested and check out their menus on Info Central. Then pick 2 or 3 that interest you the most...then call Disney Dining Reservations and see what's available. You may not be able to get your first or second choice, so be prepared with some alternates.

Good luck!!

Disnamic Duo
03-28-2008, 09:28 AM
If you're okay with going into a park, I'd highly recommend Hollywood Brown Derby at DHS. Totally casual because they expect people in park attire, but the food and atmosphere are SO good. My wife and I love it!

California Grill is excellent. The food is great, and if you can get a table during Wishes it's really cool.

Boma at AKL is a terrific buffet. It's not real quiet, but you can get a table for 2 around the outside edge (by the windows) and you can make it cozy.

Kona at the Poly is also very good for dinner.

jwallace378
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
We like Fulton's in DTD or Narcoossees

tink'72
03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I would love to go into one of the parks to have dinner , I'm just trying to get over the whole guilt thing. I'll be honest though , the thought of going into one of the parks with just my DH sounds awesome! I know that sounds awful :thedolls: