PDA

View Full Version : WDW on Fine Living Channel

chicklittlemom
03-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I didn't see this on any threads, so I thought I would post it.

Today at 4:00pm, the Fine Living Channel has an episode of "What you get for the Money: WDW". The info guide says it discusses a variety of vacations options at WDW starting at $1600. It is also replaying it at 5:00pm tomorrow.

It's probably stuff many Intercotees :mickey: already know. But I'm going to watch with the kids just to get us all in the "Magic" feeling.

ibrowse17
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't get this channel, but if I did I would be watching:thumbsup:

Tinkermom07
03-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Woo Hoo! It's FLN on Directv, and I get to watch it! THANKS!!!

joeyGibson
03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Woo Hoo! It's FLN on Directv, and I get to watch it! THANKS!!!

I just went downstairs and set the DVR to record it. Will watch it later tonight.

--
Time until WDW: 32.63 days or 783.04 hours or 2818956 seconds

coloradowendyl
03-27-2008, 05:18 PM
I just watched it on the TV in my office. I picked up on a few things...after everyone else watches it, I will be curious to see what other people thought about it.

For the most part, I thought it was good, but there were definitely some "gaps" in the $1600 budget. It did give the viewer a good taste of several options and variety of activities.

Wendy

chicklittlemom
03-27-2008, 05:31 PM
For the most part, I thought it was good, but there were definitely some "gaps" in the $1600 budget. It did give the viewer a good taste of several options and variety of activities.

Wendy

Well, I turned it on....and only got to watch half! The kids were fighting, the phone rang :mad:

I do agree about the "gaps" in the budget. I would have liked to see at least one moderate resort shown. Seeing the food at "Flying Fish Cafe" made me hungry.

coloradowendyl
03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
The big gap was family #2! They "stuck" to the budget supposedly, however, they did not have the dining plan...and they were right under $1600 with resort and tickets! Unless they lived on air and water for their 4 days, they didn't factor in food paid out of pocket lol!

Call me picky, and my family does with Disney specials :D (due to my job), but the cost of food should have been factored in! No one in my family will watch with me...I have a constant "commentary" going on generally!

You can take the girl out of Disney, but you can't take the Disney planning out of the girl lol!

Wendy

chicklittlemom
03-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Unless they lived on air and water for their 4 days, they didn't factor in food paid out of pocket lol!
Wendy

I guess :tink: pixie dust is pretty filling!!! I didn't see much of this family, but with PH and Water Parks, it would be hard to stay under 1600.

I still say if they were trying to show us the "variety" of WDW resorts, why not show a mod? I would have liked to seen one scenario, but maybe they couldn't come up with one for $1600?

I'm going to try and watch it again tomorrow and see what I missed. I will turn the phone off and figure out how to keep the kids quiet!

caryrae
03-27-2008, 10:58 PM
For the 3rd couple, I can't imagine spending $1600 for just a 3 day 2 night stay.

caryrae
03-27-2008, 11:04 PM
I didn't see this on any threads, so I thought I would post it.

Today at 4:00pm, the Fine Living Channel has an episode of "What you get for the Money: WDW". The info guide says it discusses a variety of vacations options at WDW starting at $1600. It is also replaying it at 5:00pm tomorrow.

It's probably stuff many Intercotees :mickey: already know. But I'm going to watch with the kids just to get us all in the "Magic" feeling.

By the way one of the Mods, Mel that is, has a sticky at the top of this section every week about what shows are on about Disney and also what Disney movies are on for the week.