PDA

View Full Version : Question on Parking at Resorts

JT in SC
03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
We are going to the World April 24 - 28. My middle child's all star cheerleading team is competing at the Cheerleading Worlds at the Wide World of Sports (Milk House, we think) and she is staying with her team at one of the value resorts. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Since we live in South Carolina, we are driving down.

My oldest daughter is a student at the University of Georgia and is driving down a day after us, because she has class on Friday.

My question is: will there be any problem with her parking at Port Orleans Riverside? I am afraid that they may have a limit of one car per room, or something. Anyone know what the rules are?

Thanks for any information you can give me!

--- Julia ---

PS - Less than a month to go!

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Nope, you shouldn't have any problems. At check-in, you'll just need to request two parking passes instead of one. :mickey:

bleukarma
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, when my parents drive down from Ohio I would usually drive over from Tampa and meet them for a few days. Just tell the check-in desk that you have a daughter driving in and you will need another parking pass. They will just print another one out, and make sure you give it to her when she arrives to put on her dash board. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not totally for sure, it wouldn't hurt to call ...... but ..... we're normally there in the summer, busy, busy time and there are always plenty of parking at POR, so I don't see a problem...:mickey:

ledudes
03-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Can anyone get a parking pass? We aren't going to have a car, but we will have someone coming to visit us for one day so I am wondering if they could park at our hotel.

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
For the parking pass we're talking about, it is printed at the front desk for your length of stay & has your name, check-in and check-out dates on it. If your friends are coming to visit you for one day, they would just request a temporary pass from the guard station when they drive into the resort. :mickey:

McGoofy
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
We are going to the World April 24 - 28. My middle child's all star cheerleading team is competing at the Cheerleading Worlds at the Wide World of Sports (Milk House, we think) and she is staying with her team at one of the value resorts. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Since we live in South Carolina, we are driving down.

My oldest daughter is a student at the University of Georgia and is driving down a day after us, because she has class on Friday.

My question is: will there be any problem with her parking at Port Orleans Riverside? I am afraid that they may have a limit of one car per room, or something. Anyone know what the rules are?

Thanks for any information you can give me!

--- Julia ---

PS - Less than a month to go!

You will not have any problem obtaining 2 parking passes for one room. I stayed with 2 other ladies in a room one time, and we had 2 cars in the parking lot. No problem.

Can anyone get a parking pass? We aren't going to have a car, but we will have someone coming to visit us for one day so I am wondering if they could park at our hotel.

Yes, your friends will be able to obtain a temporary pass at the gate. One time we stayed off property, and we just wanted to go to the Poly for shopping. When we approched the gate, we told the security guard that, and he gave us a day pass to park. No problem.