PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys

quest4dl
03-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Has anyone had experience booking with MJ for Disneland trips? I know they are highly recommended for WDW but I did notice that info on Disneyland offers on their website was not up to date. Would appreciate any feedback.

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Terrisue at MJ has made our travel arrangements for our Disneyland trip this summer. She made different recommendations to us based on our travel habits and we're all set! I wouldn't hesitate to contact them. :thumbsup:

quest4dl
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for such a prompt response! :mickey:

BklynChick
03-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I too used MJ for my DL trip last year. It was my first time using them and will not be my last. Wendy was fantastic - she gave me some good tips right off the bat about airline tickets and airports, then saved me $333 by rebooking my trip when a new package came along a few months after my first booking.

Aisling
03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Just curious, what's Magical Journey's and how is it different from Adventures by Disney?

tinkwest
03-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Just curious, what's Magical Journey's and how is it different from Adventures by Disney?

Magical Journeys Travel Agency (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) - one of INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors.

quest4dl
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Thought I would give some feedback on booking with Magical Journeys for Disneyland.

First, I have to say the agent was very responsive - I received responses to my e-mail inquiries within minutes so she was obviously constantly monitoring her e-mail.

Second, whenever I had a question, she would be very thorough with researching the answer.

Third, she made bookings promptly and mailed all reservation materials promptly as well. When there was a change to be made it was made promptly as well.

All that said, however, she was not a Disneyland expert and was learning along with me. I also had to spend time digging for the right answers (and here, it is largely Disney's fault for making us dig so hard for info that should be easy to find!). Since my original question was regarding MJ's expertise on Disneyland I felt I should give some feedback. In all other respects though the agent was extremely professional, friendly, and prompt and I would not hesitate to book a WDW vacation with MJ.

Lacy
07-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Interesting to hear that they are not as familiar with Disneyland. But I guess I'm not surprised as I've never considered using a travel agent for a trip to DL due to the differences between DL and WDW. At DL there are so many cheap hotels within walking distance that one can typically just book one with a little internet (or Intercot West) research. And there aren't as many ticket options. But I guess if I were to stay at one of the Disney hotels, I would probably still call Magical Journeys as they have more time to spend than I do figuring out the differences between the Disney policies at the two resorts.

coloradowendyl
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi,

All of us are are trained on all Disney products including Disneyland. DL is unique as it has very different booking, payment, scheduling policies over WDW.

We will call DL to verify/clarify information regarding schedules etc before answering client questions as things can change from moment to moment with Disney. Often the information is not posted on the TA website as quickly as we need it so we will call DL directly. Our information, is as accurate as what we are given by DL at the time. And as everyone knows, Disney's favorite term is "subject to change at any time"! lol

I am glad you had a great trip and a good experience with your agent and that she was able help you plan a wonderful family vacation.

wendy