PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service Opinions

TFrauts
03-27-2008, 01:01 AM
H there!! I was just wondering about counter service restaurants! I was wondering what you guys felt was the best counter service restaurant, or a cheap sit down(if thats possible at Disney!!lol) on the MK monorail route? It will be for an early dinner befiore MNSSHP! Also we have 1 counter service credit left...It will be used on a 'no-park' day, so I was wondering if you could choose ANY counter service outside of the parks, where would it be? It will also be on my grandparents anniversary...so I am not sure is there is a really great 'themed' or 'special' counter service, ut just wondering what you guys thought!
So to sum it up:
MK monorail-cheap TS, or Best CS:
Best CS outside of Parks-any resort:

HairyBear
03-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Pecos Bills(MK) is great you split a double cheeseburger sandwich and pile the fixins on. The fried onions and mushrooms at the fixin station are great. That has been a strategy we've used to save$$. 2 people can split a double burger each getting 1 piece of bread and 1 meat + what ever you put on it!

And I wonder why my daughter says I'm cheap?!

Mickey 101
03-27-2008, 02:07 AM
The food court at POFQ is very good for a CS option outside of the parks. Our favorite is probably Earl of Sandwich in DTD.

CAS
03-27-2008, 08:13 AM
On the monorail route a nice cheap TS is Kona Grill at the Polynesian. That would be my choice. Then for outside the park CS I would have to agree with Mickey 101 = Earl of Sandwich!

bruin1344
03-27-2008, 08:14 AM
in the parks, my favorites are Pecos Bill and most of the World Showcase countries. Outside the parks, Wolfgang Puck and Earl of Sandwich are great options are downtown disney

MissStyles
03-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I would go for The Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian for a sit down meal, especially since it's their anniversary. I'm not sure your definition of cheap - but the prices to me are rather reasonable for a sit down restaurant. Enjoy! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure that there is cheap table service in WDW but there are more moderately priced ones and I agree that the best on the monorail is likely the Kona Kafe.

I would vote for Captain Cook's for CS on the monorail though if you include MK then Pecos Bill's is a good choice.

Outside of the parks the Earl of Sandwich gets the nod though the re-opened Wolfgang Puck's Express is so new its hard to evaluate at this point.

laprana
03-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Captain Cooks at the Poly is a really good CS restaurant that has a lot of choices, and more than just the standard burgers and chicken fingers. They have good flatbreads, sandwiches, salads, etc., and you can get a Dole Whip for dessert at the self-serve machine! :tasty:

I also agree with the other posters that Earl of Sandwich in DTD is really good with a great selection of freshly made items! Have fun wherever you eat! :thumbsup:

Jeff G
03-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree about the Kona Cafe for a cheaper table service on the monorail ,especially a lunch. The food is great.

As for the best counter service in all the world? My vote is the counter service choices at Port Orleans Riverside. The choice were great and included a create your own pasta and a full beef or turkey meal with trimmings. Twice last year we made it back to out resort on purpose to eat diner instead of eating a burger selection in a park.

Taja
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness has received some good reviews. It's one of the less expensive TS at WDW. There is a boat from FW to MK.

I haven't had much experience with counter service outside the parks, but the food court at Pop Century has a nice variety of foods. :)

katzctkpt
03-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I like Columbia Harbour House in MK the Fish & Chips and the clam chowder are good. For a sit down TS the GF 1900 Park Fare it's a character dinner (buffet) but, it is magical with Cinderella and Prince Charming. You could even order a small cake for your grandparents anniversary. A counter service for no park I'd say POFQ or PORiverside. Good luck choosing.

Aggie97
03-27-2008, 01:19 PM
For a good CS on the monorail, I really like Captain's Cook's at the Polynesian -- very tasty flatbreads and sandwiches. Kona Cafe is a good TS option, too.

Off the monorail, Earl of Sandwich at DTD is my favorite.

With your MNSSHP ticket, you'll be able to enter the MK anytime after 4:00, so another option is to eat dinner in the park before the party starts at 7:00. :mickey:

EJS-Houston
03-28-2008, 12:12 PM
H there!! I was just wondering about counter service restaurants! I was wondering what you guys felt was the best counter service restaurant, or a cheap sit down(if thats possible at Disney!!lol) on the MK monorail route? It will be for an early dinner befiore MNSSHP! Also we have 1 counter service credit left...It will be used on a 'no-park' day, so I was wondering if you could choose ANY counter service outside of the parks, where would it be? It will also be on my grandparents anniversary...so I am not sure is there is a really great 'themed' or 'special' counter service, ut just wondering what you guys thought!
So to sum it up:
MK monorail-cheap TS, or Best CS:
Best CS outside of Parks-any resort:

I live in Houston, the dining out capitol of the US, where we have (among many others) lots of great Mediterranean restaurants (Shawarma, Tabouli, Baclava, etc...)...and this past November ('07) I found the counter-service restaurant at the Morrocco Pavilion in EPCOT to be competitive with the best of them...and it wasn't expensive. I highly recommend it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-28-2008, 02:01 PM
For MK - Pecos Bills and Pinocchio's Village Haus.

Non-Park - Wolfgang Puck, Cookes (next to Raglan Road) and Pepper Market (CSR).

Those are some of our favorites.

ch077833
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Pepper Market at Coronado is the best CS in my opinion. It has great selection and incredible value, especially if you are eating dinner there. You can get cooked to order steaks etc. That is my vote for non-park CS.

Cheryl