PDA

View Full Version : Lanyard ?

alaMode
03-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi!
We're heading to WDW next week. My DS, 8, will be pin trading for the first time. He has cerebral palsy and uses a speech generating device and I think he will really enjoy the interactive opportunities pin-trading will give him!

I wanted to buy him a lanyard to display his pins. There's a YOAMD lanyard for sale at our local Disney Store that's okay, but I'm wondering if there's more variety for sale at WDW.

Do you have any suggestions on where to buy a lanyard? We won't be going to DTD until pretty far along in our trip--is there a fun place in the theme parks, or even better, at the POlynesian?

TIA!

Tess

goofiecrazy
03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
They might have them at your resort gift store along with a selection of pins.

TinkRocks
03-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Most (if not all) the resorts will have a pin display / pin cart which has a selection of pins and a few lanyards.

I haven't done a comparison, but my guess would be that the theme parks would have a better selection of lanyards. There are pin carts throughout the parks, but try the stores too - some stores prominently feature pins, while other stores have only a small pin display area.

In MK - try Exposotion Hall on the right in Town Square, as well as Uptown Jewellers and Emporium on Main Street, and the pin store in Frontierland.

In Epcot - try Mouse Gear store and the pin trading location by the Fountain in Future World.

In Hollywood Studios - visit the pin area under the giant Mickey Sorcerer Hat in front of the Great Movie Ride.

The pin trading location / store at Downtown Disney would be my best bet for lanyards / pins / pin accessories, but you mentioned you wouldn't be visiting there until later in the trip.

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 03:01 AM
oh my gosh yes does the parks have selections! You can buy just about any theme lanyard you can imagine and they usually come with "starter" pins. Just off the top of my head there is a Buzz Lightyear, American Mickey, Princesses that come with pins and countless others that come with out! The official pin stations usually have the biggest selections but they can be found all thru out the parks. Have so much fun!!

jkj1224
03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
the parks or DD will have the biggest selection of lanyards, but there is also a pin cart at the Poly if you want to get it right away. :mickey:

alaMode
04-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks for all the great info--I know my son is going to have so much fun with pin-trading!
Tess
Poly in 6 hours!