PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom

Bringonthemouse!
03-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Now that my daughter is 16 we are finally able to take the Keys to the Kingdom tour but I am having second thoughts. I hear the tour is amazing but I am worried that it will "ruin" the magic. Has anyone felt that taking this tour somehow took away from the magic of the Magic Kingdom?
TIA gang!
:mickey:

Bri
03-26-2008, 03:53 PM
We did the tour 2 years ago and it was amazing. I don't feel that it ruined anything for us. If anything it made things more interesting. They tell you just enough that you know some behind the scenes stuff but they don't tell you so much that everything is ruined. I would strongly suggest it, I can't say enough good things about the tour. You won't be sorry!

crazygoalie39
03-26-2008, 04:27 PM
How long is this tour?

joanna71985
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
It's about 4 1/2 hours or so.

Bri
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
ya it's about 4.5 to 5 hours but lunch is included in the price. you will eat at columbia harbor house.

crazygoalie39
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Well that's definitely not bad. Especially if it's during the busiest time of the day. Can someone tell me when it starts, how to sign up, and how much it is?

BriarRose0708
03-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm taking this tour with my best friend in June. She's only been to WDW once and I've been twice, so I was hesitant to suggest it. BUt she was really excited about it and we're the kind of people who like to see how things work and learn tid bits of trivia, so it's going to be great for us! I hope you and your daughter enjoy it!

joanna71985
03-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Well that's definitely not bad. Especially if it's during the busiest time of the day. Can someone tell me when it starts, how to sign up, and how much it is?

There are 3 different start times. If I am correct, they are 8:30am, 9am, and 9:30am. It is $60.

You can find more info here:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/tours.asp

BriarRose0708
03-26-2008, 05:21 PM

It is $60 per person, which includes lunch at Colombia Harbor House. If you have a Disney Visa or AAA membership you can get a small discount, but I am not sure how much. You can call Disney Touring and get more specific information.

mickey&missy
03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
DH took the tour 3/14. I was supposed to go with him but we had 2 sick kids so FIL went in my place. DH loved it!! He thought it was very interesting and got all sorts of info. He's kind of a closet disney person and loved getting all the info the tour guide gave them and being able to tell me things she said. They did see Woody and Jessie with their heads off. He thought it was a bit "freaky" but it didn't ruin anything. He loved going in the utilidors and seeing where the floats for spectromagic are stored.

We'll try again to take the tour together another trip!

sillyolbear
03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
I've done the Keys tour a couple of times and enjoyed both. I walked away with a greater appreciation for the magic seeing it from behind the scenes.

Volunteer
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
when you take this tour, where do you meet to start the tour?

irish1967
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM

We will be taking the tour in July and were told that the area to meet is left of City Hall.

Even though I haven't been on the tour yet, I have been "backstage" at both MK and EPCOT during the 1/2 marathon and it by no means changed how I felt when enjoying the parks.

Taja
03-27-2008, 12:24 PM

City Hall in MK. You need a valid park admission for the day you take the tour.