PDA

View Full Version : Fulton's Crab House

Jonas_Swe
03-26-2008, 02:59 PM
:rocks:
:director: Calling all WDW experts!

I have many times looked at Fulton's Crab House in the Dining section and my question is:
:sail:

Is the restaurant good enough to have our anniversary dinner at when we go to DTD? :eat:

Any pitfalls or even extra perks to look out for... like best ADR times, special seating requests, "hidden" treasuers in the menu...? :confused:

In short:
What's really good about the place?
And what's not...?

Since I have read many mixed reviews on different sites and most of them are starting to go ´"out of date", I now need your honest opinions. :geek:

thumperbug
03-26-2008, 04:19 PM
While Fultons is at DTD is not a Disney restaurant so you will need to call them directly for reservations. You cannot make ADR thru Disney itself. Absolutely go there for a special dinner. We have dined there several times and while the food and service if first class, don't be surprised to see folks dressed in a mix of casual to dressy.

Be prepared for excellant food and a pricey check.

BluewaterBrad
03-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree. Fultons is excellent. I have made ADRs through Disney though. The food is wonderful, but you will pay for it.:mickey:

1DisneyNut
03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
As the others have said, Fulton's is excellent. I too have made ADR's through WDW in the past or maybe they transferred me to their number. There is a 10% discount for AAA members.

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2008, 07:17 PM
1) The jury is still out for Fulton's.
2) They had gone downhill.
3) Then they were sold to the folks who own Portobello and Wolfgang Puck.
4) However, you CAN make ADR's though Disney Dining.

NOTE: I am, not ready to go back to Fulton's, although others do like it. I think the service is too slow, the atmosphere too noisy and the prices too high. Other than that, it is OK.

Hull-onian
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
As the others have said, Fulton's is excellent. I too have made ADR's through WDW in the past or maybe they transferred me to their number. There is a 10% discount for AAA members.

:welcome: to Intercot.

Thanks for the AAA member tip I did not know that. Having said that, I think Fulton's is $$$$, very noisy, on the other hand, food superb and service was great. Have a great time. :tasty:

Belle_0717
03-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Fulton's is a great place for an anniversary dinner. If you can't get the ADR time you want with Disney, you can call the restaurant directly and get reservations. I think this only works with the restaurants downtown though.

Natazu
03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Not a big fan of Fulton's. I think it has pretty good food but is priced way above it's level. We've found the service to be sub-par and they don't take offer a DDE discount. It's certainly not special enough for an anniversary.

Consider California Grill, Flying Fish, Narcoossee's, or Citricos for a truly memorable night out.

katzctkpt
03-27-2008, 10:05 AM
We went to Fultons this past year and my DH loved his food. I myself was less impressed. My dd(7) and I shared the stuffed lobster tail. It was huge but, the taste was very bland. I really liked the atmosphere and we were there at 6:30-7:00 and the sun was starting to set it was really beautiful. Oh, it was in June. We have gone the last 5 years and try a different restaurant each yr. So, I'd say try it and base your own opinion.

#1donaldfan
03-27-2008, 01:51 PM
We LOVE Fulton's......the price wasn't too bad, but we knew what it was going to be going in.

The stuffed lobster was HUGE, GREAT and did I say GREAT!!!

We had a table up top and near a window which they opened just as the sun was setting.....what a view to end an awesome meal....even the kids were good!!!!

I can't think of ANY, ANYTHING bad to say about it...from the time we checked in at the desk, having a drink at the bar (coke), and being called to our table within 5 minutes of our ressie.......:thumbsup: