PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake Factory Leaving Disney Quest

Ed
03-26-2008, 02:46 PM
After 10 years as the source of burgers, salads, cheesecakes and other food at DisneyQuest, The Cheesecake Factory is pulling out of Walt Disney World's five-story, high-tech arcade in Downtown Disney.

The Cheesecake Factory Express restaurant there will be transformed into a Disney-owned and operated counter-service eatery called FoodQuest in late May. The California-based Cheesecake company informed state officials that its 55 employees in Downtown Disney would be laid off, though all may apply for new jobs at other Cheesecake locations, and at the new FoodQuest and other Disney World restaurants.

Cheesecake senior vice president Howard Gordon said his company signed on back when Disney had considered building many DisneyQuests, with The Cheesecake Factory Expresses inside, around the country. When that did not happen, Cheesecake wound up with an "express" prototype at Disney World, but without plans to build more like it. So Cheesecake officials decided to withdraw from DisneyQuest when the 10-year lease expired.

A DisneyQuest ticket costs $31 for children ages 3-9 and $37 for ages 10 and up.

There's been talk over the past couple of years that Disney World plans to close DisneyQuest and replace it with an ESPN Zone. Disney has strongly denied the talk in the past, noting that in 2006 the company spent millions to upgrade DisneyQuest. The rumors continue though. A Disney spokeswoman said the restaurant change indicates nothing except a change in operators of the restaurant.

The new menu will be similar to what is offered now, she said.

ShanPooh
03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Not surprising.
When we visited DisneyQuest we never took time out to eat in there.
Did many people actually eat there?
When I'd look at various Disney sites, there was never an updated menu for DisneyQuest's Cheesecake Factory.
I'm guessing not a lot of people stopped there, and the revenue wasn't so good.
Our CF in our area back home is like going on a mini-vacation (and costs like it, too). But, oh the Corn cakes and Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp :tasty:

auntfrannie
03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
It's too bad that you had to pay admission for Disney Quest in order to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. Although it is a chain and just about every city has one, their food is always good.

Ed
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
There is another standard Cheesecake Factory at The Mall at Millennia, just off I-4 at the Conroy Road exit, Exit 78.

Magic Smiles
03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Not surprising.
When we visited DisneyQuest we never took time out to eat in there.
Did many people actually eat there?
When I'd look at various Disney sites, there was never an updated menu for DisneyQuest's Cheesecake Factory.
I'm guessing not a lot of people stopped there, and the revenue wasn't so good.
Our CF in our area back home is like going on a mini-vacation (and costs like it, too). But, oh the Corn cakes and Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp :tasty:

We always made sure to eat there, especially for a dessert. The place was ALWAYS busy!

DNS
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
We have a Cheesecake Factory in our area and it's one of my favorite restaurants. I've always hoped they would open a full Cheesecake Factory somewhere on Disney property, maybe downtown Disney. We have never gone to Disney Quest and have no interest in it, so we have not eaten at the "express" restaurant.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-01-2008, 12:57 PM
We've stopped a few times and had some cheesecake or a drink. I hope whatever they decide to put in it's place is just as good.

busterthebronco
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
DS and i always eat there.
i get sketti and he gets pizza.
we time it so we miss the lunch crowd.
i guess this trip will be our last hurah huh?:(

Donald_Quackers
04-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I only remember eating at it when they had the DisneyQuest in Chicago. Great desserts!

MinnieMommie
04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Can't go to DQ without chocolate cheesecake. I too would like to see a Cheesecake Factory at DD. :mickey:

NJGIRL
04-04-2008, 09:31 AM
We have eaten in there a couple of times and the food was good but it's nothing like a regular Cheesecake Factory. The selection is very limited (food and cheesecake). It's not like eating in a Cheesecake Factory Rest. We were in DQ already so that's why we ate there. I'm not upset they are leaving.