PDA

View Full Version : AKL vs. WL Bunk Bed Rooms

WDWCrazyKaren
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey folks,
A question for all of you "in the know". Has anyone stayed at both AKL and WL using the bunk bed rooms? I'm trying to decide between the two of them, and really want the most room. With an DD11 and DS15, we need separate beds for the kids. DD is very tall (but skinny) for her age, and DS is just plain and simple a really big kid. We're just trying to figure out what would give us the most room and the most comfort.

Thank you!

azdisneymom
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Sorry I can't give you any feedback on WL but I can tell you that we stayed at AKL when DS was 17 and DD was 15. They both were very happy to have their own beds. DS was probably 5'8" then and felt comfortable. We found the room to be a nice size since the bunk beds don't take up as much floor space as 2 queen beds do. If a room with bunk beds is not available you might try to get a deluxe room, they have a sofa that someone can sleep on. (At least they used to.)

alpro2
03-27-2008, 11:29 AM
The room sizes for both AKL and WL are the same - 344 square feet. Actually, they are "sister" resorts being architectually the same. You can read more about room sizes here Disney Resorts (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/default.asp)