PDA

View Full Version : Help

elmjimmlm
03-26-2008, 10:02 AM
We have been to Disney the last several years and I feel that I have figured out what to do...The summer for me is easy...I can get everything in that I want to see and do...This year will be a different story...We are planning the week of New Years:eek: I feel that I am going to be lost...I have read about the crowds and am wondering how to get it all in...What is the best time to go to the parks and what times to avoid...Where to go on New Years Eve...Should we use the EMH or is it not worth it...What dining reservations I should not even consider trying...I know that I am thinking this to death but I HAVE to be prepared...:crazy:

DizneyRox
03-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Well...

That week is one of the busiest weeks. What you need to do is realize that you're NOT going to be able to do everything. Once you get that mindset, the week will be the best week of your life!

With the crowds, you really need to pick A park get there early and plan on staying all day. It's possible that you will not get back in if you leave. ADRs are required for pretty much any table service location, so make your reservations as soon as you can.

The good news is, the world is beautifully decorated for the holidays and you won't run out of things to see/do.

For NYE, I wouldn't recommend anywhere but Epcot. It holds crowds the best of any park and they have a fantastic fireworks display. Each country celebrates NYE when it's midnight in that particular country as well, so WS really shines on that day!

Again, once you realize you're NOT going to be able to do everything, you should be OK.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I also like Fantasy in the Sky, which is the fireworks at MK. The nice thing about this is that MK will do the display two days prior to NYE as well so you can see it before and then like it was said before, visit Epcot on the actual NYE. Then you can see both!

WriteDisney
03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
The first two posters said it best :thumbsup:

Once you realize you won't be able to do it all, you'll have a great time! Take breaks in the afternoon..

And the MK fireworks are amazing.. but it feels like the entire world is cramed onto Main Street (but seeing snow on main street during the 06-07 new years was pretty amazing)

IMO its worth it.. from the holiday displays to the fireworks.. WDW puts on quite the show.. you'll pay for it in spades in terms of crowds though.. I thought I knew what I was in for.. but you really don't know until you get there... just be prepared.. wear walking shoes and comfy clothes.. don't push yourselves too hard.. know that the parks will be jam packed around NYE.. that rides will get overloaded and might break down (this happened quite a bit on NYE day and night...) but its all worth it..

If you do MK on NYE know that your in it for the long hall... cause it took us 2 hours to get onto the monorail from the main entrance.. HUGE crowds (the ferry wasnt much better)... we left the main entrance at 1 and didnt get into the parking lot til a little after 3 am (yikes!)... and we were pretty much zombies at that point (got to the park before opening.. stayed all day... i heard it reached capacity but 10 am)

But... riding Splash Mt right after all the NYE fireworks at midnight was AMAZING...:cloud9:

Taja
03-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I know several people who have done the evening EMH during the holidays (the ones that run until 4 or 5 a.m.!) and they loved it! Crowds minimal after midnight or 1 a.m. (New Year's eve excepted).