PDA

View Full Version : Drum Roll Please...

aimeewvdisney
03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Tah Dah! Finally got all ADR's made. Didin't have any trouble at all. I did call right at 7:am though. So here is the breakdown for our end of Sept. trip.
1st Day- Coral Reef
2nd-Cinder. Royal Table early breakfast
3rd-Mama Melrose (Fnatasmic)
4th-Tuskar House Character Breakfast
5th-Akerhause Breakfast & LeCellierDinner

I actually need to cancell a meal the first day because I originally booked GardenGrill and then I saw some good rewviews on Coral Reef and thought I'd see what all you experts think.LOL Trying to keep hubby happy with good food and no character overload....with keeping kids happy as well.
So should I keep Coral Reef or Garden Grill?

I am re-thinking the Akerhaus for our last day since we may want to Parkhop our last day to catch what we missed or want to do again...and we will have to be at Epcot in the evening as well for LeCellier dinner. Plus we would be paying for this out of pocket since dining plan points wil be used elsewhere.

I have two questions(ok probably more LOL)
What time does the Safari in AK start in A.M. We really wanted to be the first ones(or close) to do that early...but if I have an 8:00 ADR I'm guessing that won't be possible. What time would be a good ADR time if you want to do the
Safari first? Or should I just leave it as it is..and will still be ok with Safari?

Also can they put all extras not included in dining plan meal on your room card? I'm thinking of adult drinks, tips etc.

Lastly, for now anyway, I know appet. aren't included in plan. So say you want to order Lobster Soup(but not as your entree) is that just an added cost above meal plan? Maybe soup is included with entree(I haven't a clue). I'mjust asking because a t various places I have read many reviews that say Lobter bisque and cheddar cheesce etc. are great!

Thanks for all your help. I can't bekieve we still have 180 to wait!!!

SBETigg
03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Congratulations on getting what you want! It always feels closer once you make your ADRs (and then you realize that you still have to wait. :))

1st Day- Coral Reef
2nd-Cinder. Royal Table early breakfast
3rd-Mama Melrose (Fnatasmic)
4th-Tuskar House Character Breakfast
5th-Akerhause Breakfast & LeCellierDinner

Considering your goals, I would keep Coral Reef.

Since you have CRT, I think you would be safe to cancel the Akershus breakfast and grab something quick service to save time and enjoy the park more.

What time does the Safari in AK start in A.M.

The safari opens when the park does. If park opening is at 9 am, then you have a good breakfast time planned. You can finish and get there before big lines form.

You can schedule ADRs for earlier than park opening and be headed over to rides a little before they open. If this is a morning EMH day, though, you want to plan your dining time and ride time to work out best for you.

Also can they put all extras not included in dining plan meal on your room card? I'm thinking of adult drinks, tips etc.

Yes, they can. We had drinks, extras like appetizers, and tip put on our room card. It's very easy to do.

Lastly, for now anyway, I know appet. aren't included in plan. So say you want to order Lobster Soup(but not as your entree) is that just an added cost above meal plan? Maybe soup is included with entree(I haven't a clue). I'mjust asking because a t various places I have read many reviews that say Lobter bisque and cheddar cheesce etc. are great!

Yes, the soups would be extras, and charged separately. Unless you're at a buffet like Boma and soups are on the buffet, part of the meal charge. The lobster bisque at Coral Reef, for example, wouldn't be considered part of your meal on the regular dining plan and will be an extra charge.

yjgirl715
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I was so axcited to get my reservations booked for our trip- Congrats! They all look like excellent choices- can't wait to see your reviews for them.

I too would keep the Coral Reef- my DS3 really enjoyed it. He loved looking at all the fish and was most excited about the turtle he saw. Great food- even for two picky eaters. Hope you enjoy!

#1donaldfan
03-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Your lucky !!!!:party:

We're still too far out to make ours.....but ....It won't be as long as it has been !!!!!:mickey:

EvilQueen2006
03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Coral Reef is a good choice for the dining plan. Good food, great atmosphere, yummy desserts. Akershus was so-so. The food was very salty. Great princess interaction though. And the cold buffet had some good stuff on it. I liked Mama Melrose a lot but the others in my party did not. I haven't tried the new Tusker house since it changed from counter service, but I think the time is good for getting to the safari early. I've only been to Cindy's for dinner so i can't comment on breakfast. dinner was nothing to rave about, but the setting was great. I think your other questions have already been answered. Have fun! Happy dining!

WriteDisney
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Great pics! I love Le Cellier, its on our list too, and also Coral Reef because of all the great reviews on here... :thumbsup:

We're going to try and book ours at 7 a.m. on friday (thats our 180 day mark).. want to make sure to get all our ADR's!

moe513
03-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Food is much better at Coral Reef. We were very disappointed with Garden grill.

Natazu
03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I would probably go to Coral Reef over Garden Grill. I like Garden Grill for lunch but for dinner, I to go someplace nicer.

Looks like Sherri's got you covered on the other questions.