PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha Show

Lucyrella
03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Is this dinner show something a 4 year old would like? Is it super loud? If you are on the dining plan, how many table service credits does it take? Where is the best section to sit in? Fill me in please, we did not get to do this last year, and I was wondering if it was a fun thing to do? Thanks!

DizneyRox
03-26-2008, 07:34 AM
As I say whenever anyone asks about SoA, you couldn't pay ME to go back to that show, let alone use the 2 TS credits they require.

The food was BLAH, and the show was even worse. This was a number of year ago, but the bad taste in my mouth from both is still there.

If you're looking for a good show that everyone (well, most everyone) will enjoy, look into the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. YOu will find poeple who don't like that either, but in general, you will find considerably less complaints about that show that the Luau.

Advnt05
03-26-2008, 07:50 AM
I've gone several times with my wife. I do not have kids so I may not be the best perspective on it. I have seen many kids who enjoy the show. The show is geared towards the family like other Disney shows. There is singing and dancing. There is even a portion of the show where kids can go down and get on the stage and participate. The lower seats are better for the show but you really do not get an option on where you sit. We've always been placed up high. These seats are not bad and may even be preferred with small kids due to the fact that there is usually a fire dance. If your kid is scared of that, than the distance would help. I don't remember any loud noises. I would rate the food as mediocre. The best part for the wife and I was that the wine and beer are included in the price. You can drink as much as you dare to drink.

Tygger7
03-26-2008, 08:03 AM
We debated back & forth between the Luau and Hoop Dee Doo, since both require 2 TS credits (and both include all the beer you can drink....we'll get our money's worth thanks to my husband on this one...lol). Let's just say I've heard a LOT more positive feedback on Hoop Dee Doo, so that's where we're going. The other thing to consider with the luau is that it's outside, so weather can be a factor. My luck, it would come up a nasty thunderstorm and they'd end up cancelling the luau.

Other options, if Hoop Dee Doo doesn't fit what you're looking for might be Cinderella's Round Table (bfast, lunch, or dinner), or O'Hana's. Those would probably be much more enjoyable for a 4-year old.

Good luck!!

TFrauts
03-27-2008, 05:00 AM
If hoop de doo is an option, I would say do that instead!! Save your2 TC credits, and use them elsewhere!! I would not be going to the Luau again!! Hoop de doo on the other hand is well worh the $$! Itis very entertaining!

vorchik
03-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Where is the best section to sit in?

With the DDP credits (2TS) you can book only 2nd and 3d category seatings. As I understood they are not "bad" but for sure not the 1st category :(