PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July

Tarzan266
03-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone, my girlfriend and I are going to WDW this July and it will be the first time that we are both there for the Fourth of July. I know the Magic Kingdom has a special fireworks display on that day, but are there any other activities or special events going on on that day either in the Magic Kingdom or in any of the other parks?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Well, I don't know about other activites.

But if you are going, plan to get there extremely early and stay all day. This is one of the days when we reach occupancy and close the gates.

animalkingdomguy
03-26-2008, 08:49 AM
That's correct. Don't plan to go back to your resort mid-day and return for the evening fireworks. Plan for a long, CROWDED, all day and all night affair. As much as I love WDW I can't imagine going on July 4th. Good Luck.

busterthebronco
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
we stayed at SS villas and they had stuff all day for us to do.
pool parties, picnics, and we watched the fireworks over DTD from our balcony!
i think the activities wre DVC driven but open to all staying there.

1DisneyNut
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
We used to go every year for the week of the 4th. It got increasingly busier every year. Finally four years ago it was shoulder to shoulder throughout most of the park and that is no joke. It took us an hour to navigate through the crowd from main street to tomorrowland and that is no joke or exaggeration. The line for space mountain was 200 minutes the best I remember. lol It was miserable and by far the absolute worst disney trip we ever had and I love WDW! They should never have let so many people in and I wish they would not have let me in. If this is any indication of how bad it was, when we got back home I sent WDW an email to let them know how disappointed we were and how we didn't get to do anything hardly that day. We only rode 5 rides all day long and ate twice. That was it and we were there until they closed. Anyway they replied to my email and asked for my name , address and phone number. I got a call from them the next day apologizing and a few days later I received 1 day park hopper tickets for everyone in my travel party that day. I called the CM back and told her I didn't complain to try to get anything for free I just wanted to let them know how bad it was and they had broken some magical dreams that day. She said they understood that and that is why they sent me the tickets. It was very nice of them to do that and I actually used the tickets to take a niece who had never been before on our next trip so in a way that day made magic happen for someone else. Well I am rambling now. lol What I am getting at is although the 4th of July fireworks are spectacular you may want to reschedule your trip for a different week if possible. We never ever go the week of the 4th anymore. In fact we won't go two weeks before or after.

SpaceMtn101
03-26-2008, 07:23 PM
i saw the fourth of july fireworks last year and i have to say it was the worst firework show i have ever seen.