PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island for 16 yr. old?

Bringonthemouse!
03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
I will be visiting the "World" with my DD16 in Nov. (trip #3 for us). Is there anywhere in DTD/Pleasure Island that is age appropriate for her and would hold the interest of your average 16 year old? I would like to take her out for an evening but I don't know if the crowds will generally be too old for her. Any advice? Should we just put it off for a few years. We aren't exactly party animals, I just thought it would be nice for her to experience something different this time.
:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately, since she is only 16, she will only be able to do (w/ someone 21+) the Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Warehouse.

Adventurer's Club is really fun and if you have your heart set on PI, then def do this. We enjoyed the Comedy Warehouse the one time we have been there, as well.

Every where else is now 21+.

crazygoalie39
03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
What did the age limit used to be? 18?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
What did the age limit used to be? 18?

yes, i think so... we only went by the time we were all over 18 anyways... we had a 18 year old, a 20 year old, and 2 22 year olds in our group whenever we would go. So I dunno if they let in people under 18 with someone older or not... Someone on here will know more.

JMTStone
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Our DD14 (at the time) loved Disney Quest and Cirque. We also liked our shopping trip with her.

thrillme
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I know a friend of mine took her daughter 14 at the time to the Comedy Warehouse and they loved it. I heard something about the adventurers club is supposed to be pretty good too.

wendy*darling
03-26-2008, 04:11 PM
If you do the Comedy Warehouse- go to one of the first 2 shows of the night- they are a bit "tamer". As the night goes on- the shows get a little less "Disney-like" in content. ;)

Cirque du Soleil is a great idea. The show is fantastic! If you have not seen a Cirque show yet- this is a really good one.

If she likes shopping- there is certainly no shortage of that!
And Ghiradelli's is a fun place for a treat while you are there.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Even just walking around outside at PI is fun. You can still hear the music and enjoy the atmosphere.

crazypoohbear
04-12-2008, 10:37 AM
last year I took 3 teenage boys (18,17, and 13)to the Comedy Warehouse. We went to the 10:00 or 11:00pm show I forget which one now but they had a great time!
They went shopping in the Virgin Megastore first, then walked around checking out the other stores.

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
i think it really depends on what type of parent you are. if you can hold your own with a crowd, and can keep a good eye on ur kids you shouldn't have a problem. but if your prone to getting turned around in crowd situations and have a rebellious 16 year old, PI is probably best if you do it at daytime.:D

MK_Mtns
04-19-2008, 11:27 PM
im 16 and my parents are taking me and my 17 yr old brother to the adventurers club one night. they went last time when we were littler and insisted on taking us this time. im so exicted. but my parents are so not strict. they even said that when they wanna stay in PI, me and my brother can go off by ourselves and do what we want. go to another park, disney quest, or resort. so we're pretty laid back. it depends on what u think is best

Magic Smiles
04-20-2008, 09:20 AM
If you do the Comedy Warehouse- go to one of the first 2 shows of the night- they are a bit "tamer". As the night goes on- the shows get a little less "Disney-like" in content. ;)

This past Dec we took our DS 15 to both the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Warehouse. He (also us) actually enjoyed the CW so much that we probably saw at least 4 shows on 3 different nights. I did notice that they did get a little less "DIsney-like" in content, but as we never saw the last show, the shows were great and I had no probably with DS 15 seeing them. He is 16 now and we will definitely being doing both of these shows again in May. DS also enjoys the Virgin Store and of course we all love DIsney Quest.

JPelle76
04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
I know this was a LONG TIME ago, but when I had gone down years ago with 2 of my girlfriends, i was 1 month shy of my 18 b-day, one friend was 2 months shy and the 3rd was a year younger then the both of us. Anyway none of us were able to go into any of the clubs, but we still had a blast anyway just haning around outside, wandering into the shops and just dancing to the music playing in the streets. I don't know if they still do it or not but they had an our door stage were live bands would play. I'd say it's worth checking out. Good Luck!:)

crazypoohbear
04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
i think it really depends on what type of parent you are. if you can hold your own with a crowd, and can keep a good eye on ur kids you shouldn't have a problem. but if your prone to getting turned around in crowd situations and have a rebellious 16 year old, PI is probably best if you do it at daytime.:D

I took 3 teens to pleasure Island last August and we did great! Does this mean I can hold my own in a crowd????? :D:D
Plus I didn't have any rebellious teens....