PDA

View Full Version : Lets Play "A BBQ at My Place."

jeddalynn
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
It is now March 25 in Toronto Ontario and as I look outside, it is currently snowing. :snowball:I'm sick of winter! I want it to be warm and sunny and the sidewalks to be ice free!

So lets play the BBQ game. You're all invited to my place for a BBQ!:joy: It is a late spring day and 73 degrees :pick:. There is a gentle breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Please tell me what food you would bring:eat:, what drink you'd like to have:cheers:, and what music you'd like to have on :tuba:. (You can also throw in who from intercot you'd like to chat with, what games you'd like to play etc.)

So lets all use our imaginations (which is no small task considering the state of my driveway.)

I will bring my world famous stuffed potato salad (recipe from my grandmother). I think I will drink some kind of cooler (maybe a smirnoff ice.) And I will throw one some latin jazz to get our party started!

Aaaah. I can feel the sun on my face already. :lei:

BelleandtheBeast
03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I will bring the baked beans with bacon in them, I want a glass of sweet iced tea, and how about some Jimmy Buffet to get us in the mood for summer.

BostonChic
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I would bring the best pasta salad :tasty: made with:twists,tomatoes,olives,cucmbers,red pepper,onions and cheese mixed with (light)Italian dressing :eat: and a glass of lemonade(made with real lemons)
For the music,I would take a vote(majority wins) :)

hoop de do
03-30-2008, 01:54 PM
:sun::sun::cool::cool: I'll bring kolbassi & hot dogs in sauerkraut. Miller High Life in a bottle sounds great and any Country music would be super. Should I bring sun block or lotion. Let me know. :eat::beer::piano:

daparish
03-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I will bring the hamburgers and would love homemade lemonade to drink. Any music is fine for me. How about a dip in the pool????

princessjojo
03-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I've got the home-made icecream:eat: How about chocolate, strawberry, cookies & cream, & butter pecan? And I'll make some Mint Julips as well.

KineGirl
03-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Yayyy I love BBQs. We do them alot here in Eastern N. Carolina :tikki: warm or cold out!

I would love to man the grill and make my (secret recipe) pulled pork bbq & country ribs, roasted corn on the cob & flip burgers!

For drinks - beer or froz margaritas for me! :marg:

For music - any rock station will do as long as the music is post 1985. What say we all bring Ipods, hook em up and set to random!? :woohoo:

For ppl - well if you love Disney then me & you will get along great! :grouphug:

It would be fun to send to do a scavenger hunt based on everyones love of Disney where instead of finding things you have to find someone at the party that has/does something. For example - fav character is Cinderella. Or attended The Millenium Celebration or met Maleficent. :wave:

73 is a little chilly for me so I might not be swimming if thats an option. I will def need a sweater for the fire pit at night when we roast marshmallows! :camp:

Loretta

Caroleh
03-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I'll bring a turtle cheesecake and Victoria Falls Mists to drink. My taste in music is a little out there, so I'll listen to whatever is playing.

I'll also bring my camera to take lots of pictues so I can scrapbook them all later.

jeddalynn, I'm with you about being ready for spring weather. I'm so tired of seeing all this snow piled up all over the place. I'm SO ready to see green agian.

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Someone will have to be DJ and we'll go through jazz, country and some rock (post 1985). :rocker:

On the menu we have Pulled Pork, Burgers, Kolbassi and Hotdogs in sour kraut for main course.

Accompanying that is potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans with bacon hot, buttery corn on the cob

And for desert, a lovely turtle cheesecake complemented by home made ice cream which comes in a variety of flavors.

Some people are swimming, but not me and KineGirl. We just sit by the fire with our marshmellows and make hot chocolate for those crazy swimmers!

Aaaah. This is the best BBQ I've been to in a long time. Boy, did we need this, eh?:cheers:

sorarail
03-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry I'm late! I just got back home after a weekend symposium. I'd love to relax at a BBQ with some IC friends, a cold beer and some Caribbean tunes. I make a really delicious peach cobbler that I'd be happy to bring, along with some homemade vanilla ice cream to go on top! Am I too late?

disneydeb
03-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Boy this sure sounds like a great idea! I'll bring fixin's for smores.and make some Pina Colavas for us all to share. For music, I'll suggest we all sing Disney songs.

Pogo and Patti will lead us as we all sing:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
A world of hope and
A world of fears,
There's so much that we share
And it's time we're aware
It's a Small world after all!

KineGirl
03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorarail & DisneyDeb we were wondering when you were coming!? Finally! :joy: I been thinking about cobblers and Pina Colavas ( my favorite! ) all day and wondered if you guys forgot about us!

Grab some drinks & food and come sit by the fire!

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll have some peach cobbler! Thanks!

Ok, after "Small World" I want to lead us in songs from Enchanted. How about "Happy Working Song?"

It's getting cool now so pull up lawn chairs towards the fire! :camp: I want to hear what everybody's "happy thoughts" are :blush:

Mine is when my husband (then boyfriend) took me out to high tea and asked me to marry him. That's my happy thought. :tink: What's yours.

Caroleh
03-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Which happy thoughts would you like I have 2 really good ones.

My first happy thought is when my DH and I went to Fort Lauderdale and I got to see an ocean for the first time. It so relaxing to sit on the beach and watch the waves come in or even walking along the edge of the water and have it wash all the cares in the world away as you walk along with the one you love.

My second happy thought is going to the happiest place on earth, WDW and being joined with all your friends from INTERCOT.

disneydeb
03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow! You have a great voice!

My happy thought has to do with the good times I've had and will have with my family and friends at WDW. We are planning Gage's first trip now! He's my grandson.

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
DisneyDeb, I can't even imagine what its like to have a grandchild, let alone take that grandchild to disney world. You must be absolutely thrilled. What a dream come true.

Caroleh, I remember the first time I saw the Ocean in Halifax. One of those unforgettable moments. :)

Also, I'll never forget the first time I went to Disney World for the first time last year with DH. We'd waited three years for a real honey moon. Never mind that we slept in seperate beds the whole time, we were so tired :D It was the best week of our lives.

princessjojo
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
I have so many happy moments lately. But I think I have to say, right off the top of my head, my 2 favorite are
1. Seeing my kids walk again after their accident.
2. Seeing my older DS wrestle with school and winning during the tournament.
(Both tied to a long story described in another post.)

Everyday with my DH & especially the kids is now a great day. Adding great IC friends around a warm fire at a great BBQ is just icing on the cake. It's perfect.

disneydrmr
04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Am I too late to join in? Any food left? I've brought some of my 'famous' fruit salad.. it's made with a tany Tang 'dressing'... and I have some deviled eggs... and my Truly FAMOUS Chocolate Glop Cake - but be warned.. do NOT feed it to children unless you want them on a weeklong sugar high... this thing is DANGEROUS! :D