PDA

View Full Version : Advice for getting 2nd room

m&mzmom
03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi guys - once again I need some expert help!! We are heading down to WDW on 4/4 - 4/12 and staying at POP. We decided after booking our original trip that we'd really like a 2nd room to sort of spread out as the kids are getting older. At this time there are no rooms available at POP or any other resort. Do you think there is any way of adding another room to our reservation once we arrive on the 4th? Or does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to catch a cancellation if one happens?:confused:
Anyway, thanks as always!! And crowded in one room at Disney is better than a mansion anywhere else!!:mickey::mickey:

Von-Drake
03-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I would call the resort every couple of days and keep asking them. A simple plan, but only one I can think of.

sainter
03-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Call every day , a couple times a day, or call MJ and see what they say?

wendy*darling
03-25-2008, 07:17 PM
I would also say to keep calling, and ask at check in as well.
Just be sure you are OK with all staying in one room (and you do not exceed the limit for the room) if you are not successful.

lindique
03-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I have a couple of thoughts: 1. sometimes other sources have room availability - like Expedia or Travelocity, for example. Have you tried any of them? 2. Have you tried for availability for part of the time? Maybe the room you want is only available for a few days. If you reserve that now, maybe other days will eventually become available and you can add them on. Or, at the worst, you'll only be crowded in one room for some of the days. 3. The last non-penalty day for Room-only cancellations is 5 days before - try then - hopefully something will open up.

momof3+twins
03-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I don't know it this is true by Central Reservations told me once to call first thing in the morning. They said the computer updates overnight and the available rooms show up in the morning and are taken quickly.
Call everyday.
And try the part of the trip advice given earlier.

katzctkpt
03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
What about AAA? They have a # of rooms also.
Just keep calling 2/3 times a day and even when you check in. Good luck....