PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs or POFQ

wdwvacationeer
03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
We are planning to go to WDW this August, but we are undecided on where to stay. We are looking to stay at either POFQ or Coronado Springs. At Coronado Springs, are there preferred buildings and which buildings would they be? We know POFQ is smaller so the buildings are closer to the pool, food court and bus, but is one building better located then another? Thanks for the help!:mickey:

crazygoalie39
03-25-2008, 03:37 PM
These should give you the information you need. There's a section at the bottom called Room Location that gives you which building are closest to the food court, bus stops, pools, etc. BTW, my vote would be for POFQ. :thumbsup:

CSR (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/coronadosprings/default.asp)

POFQ (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/frenchquarter/default.asp)

WriteDisney
03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm staying at POFQ for the first time in September... :cloud9:.. I picked it mainly to try out the PO resorts since I've never been.. trying to try a different resort each time I visit..

I stayed at Coronado Springs last year and LOVED it! It's a beautiful resort, very relaxed, something for everyone I would say! The resort is around a lake and has three sections. Some might say its too large but it wasnt for us! Buses go to each of the sections...which can take a long time if your the last stop.. we always walked to the first stop at the main building.. right next to our section the casistas.. pool is beautiful.. if your concerned about size you can always request a room in the casistas.. they were close to the main buildings (a little of a walk to the pool.. but a nice walk)

Can't go wrong either way IMO :thumbsup:

EDIT: I realize now that I haven't actually picked either resort.. it's a tough choice... only tough because they both appeal to be so great! It really depends on your needs I would say...

deedeenmickey
03-25-2008, 05:40 PM
I have stayed at both and I would recommend POFQ. CS is HUGE!! POFQ is small and any location is close to the pool or food court or bus stops. I like the atmosphere and the food court and the pool. Either one is good I just didn't like walking so far to the food court at CS.

Tink2002
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll probably always be a CS girl at heart.... we stayed at POR back when it was still Dixie and walked over to POFQ many times, and have stayed at CS twice. I think CS has a much more "vacationy" feel to it with the palms and hammocks on the lake, the pool, and the overall theming. We've stayed in the cabanas section and they are close enough to everything that size is no issue. I also go NUTS for the pepper market food court - there is an insane selection and it's all so good!

have fun whichever you choose!:mickey:

buzz2001
03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Both are nice but I feel CSR has more to offer. Great pool, awesome transportation and terrific food.

garymacd
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
The make or break for us - other than that we love the size of POFQ, the pool, the theming, the jazz music - is that you can't get beignets at CSR.

End of story.

Thanks for playing.

I'll be here all week - try the mutton.

disnyfan4ever
03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I stayed at CS last year for a conference. I would say it depends on who is going. It was fine for me by myself but I didn't get the warm fuzzy of the disney magic at CS like I did at ASM.

We have a dd7 and are staying at POFQ. When looking for a moderate resort this time, I specifically didn't pick CS because of the above.

But it sounds like there are others that really like it. It's WDW, how bad can it get? :thumbsup:

Mickey 101
03-26-2008, 12:58 AM
We've never stayed at CSR, but loved POFQ. The theming is beautiful and it feels very quaint. It's an easy walk to get anywhere within the resort. Another perk is the boat transportation to DTD. We were very impressed with the selections at the food court, too. Everything we tried was delicious. Last, but not least.........BEIGNETS!!!!!

bruin1344
03-26-2008, 07:08 AM
stayed at both (dixie landings). cant go wrong at either one. location at csr was better since it was closer to most of the parks.

LauraF
03-26-2008, 09:47 AM
I really do like them both - it's hard to choose. They're both very nice resorts and since walking isn't a big deal for me (I walk every morning for exercise before conquering the parks) I don't really notice size or proximity. It's just another chance to look at the wonderful Disney themeing!

Edit - I forgot to add that the one bus stop for POFQ does get to me during busy times. CSR has 4 and it helps so much.

DisneyGrrrl
03-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I've stayed at both - POFQ many times and CS only once for good reason. It just wasn't for us. I don't even think there are "preferred" buildings at POFQ because there aren't that many to begin with!

CS was too big, too noisy, too "corporate" feeling with the convention center...I think it really depends on your taste but we would only stay there again if nothing else was available when we needed to go.

j4crew
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
WE love CSR!!! I know that it's big, but lots to do and we love going for walks anyways!!!:mickey:

Martino
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
My vote would be for POFQ. We stayed there Christmas 2006 and loved it, which is why we are going back in August this year.

We did take a trip to all the other Mods but POFQ was by far my preferred Resort, and I am so glad we decided to stay there. My DD is hooked on the Beignets, transportation is great and resort is much smaller than the other mods.
The boat transportation to Downtown Disney is also great and makes a change from buses.

All buildings are close and just a couple of minutes walk to the bus stops. Building 4 is the closest and is just a few small steps to the lobby, shop, food court and bus stops!

If you need to know more just ask.

May see you there!!!!:D

Crow
03-26-2008, 07:56 PM
they are tied for me, 2 time CSR once POFQ. the big difference is size.
CS is a conference resort so possibly less families, business center w a few more amenities. Pepper Mkt is good.
FQ is smaller & shares buses some w POR.
it all depends what you want. the family might possibly like the theming better at POFQ, but the pool is nice at CS. theres also a TS place at CS, but not at POFQ. FQ does have the boat to DD though