PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxiously Disney Lodging?

cakelady0604
03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I am in the process of planning our spring 2009 trip to WDW and looking for an "Obnoxiously Disney" place to stay. This will be my youngest daughter's very first trip to WDW! :party:

She will be almost 4 at travel time. So dh, me, twin dds (6) and dd (4).

My husband prefers to stay offsite (cost reasons) but I am pulling together a proposal for on and off-site. :secret:

We previously stayed at the Wilderness Cabins which were great. The kids weren't all that impressed but parents loved it bc it had all the comforts of home.

I want a place that the kids will walk into and freak at the Disney Decor. Hence the search for an "obnoxiously disney" place. :mickey:

I found a place a long time ago on VRBO.com that was what I wanted but it looks like it has been pulled.

Any suggestions would be great!

Tygger7
03-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Hmmmm...I actually had to think about this for a minute. I think All Star Movies or Pop Century would fit what you're looking for as far as atmosphere and price. Depending on the exact time you go, room prices will be in the $109 per night range (based on 4 adults in a room). You can go out on Disney's website and see pix of all the resorts, and there are also pix here on Intercot under Info Central. I've seen a LOT of recommendations for Pop Century, and we're staying there for one night on our upcoming trip in May. I'd also have Magical Journey's price it out for you, and consider booking through them. They were able to get us hooked up with the free park-hopper upgrade that was announced, and best of all...I didn't have to do a thing!!!!

Good luck!!

momof3+twins
03-25-2008, 01:40 PM
That is so funny that your husband wants to stay off site. Mine is the opposite. He WILL NOT go to Disney if we are offsite. We also have twins plus 3 other kids so we need two rooms. I actually think that you will need 2 rooms also by Disney's rules.
But, to answer your question... My kids LOVE the Movies resort. It is full of Disney characters and you can stay in a themed hotel. We always do Toy Story.
This year we are trying POP and I also think that the kids would love this. They have a twister game, goofy with water jets, and lots of other stuff.
Get a AAA card and make ressies early so that you can get your discount. And be sure to let the CR person know that you need connecting rooms for the kids. It is guaranteed for families.
I am going to PM you something so check your PMs.

Tick-Tock
03-25-2008, 01:51 PM
I think the All-Stars might be what you're looking for. One All-Star (Music or Movies, I think?) has family suites for up to 6 people.

When you're figuring out your cost comparison, don't forget to include parking fees at the parks. At $11 a day (probably more next year), that helps even up offsite and onsite prices.

IloveDisney71
03-25-2008, 01:51 PM
I also agree that AllStars and POP are probably your best bets. They are the most "kid" friendly decorated places. Lots of big, colorful stuff EVERYWHERE.

magicofdisney
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't remember if all the All Stars do it, but All Star Music has something special going on every night poolside. I think they have at least a movie each night and then other activities throughout the day. It's really cool. I expected this at a deluxe resort, but am impressed they offer it at the values as well.

You will need two rooms because of your family's size. Music has the suites but two rooms gives more beds. Have fun with planning! :mickey:

Goofeygal
03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
I agree that if you want the disney wow in decor it has to be the values.

biodtl
03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Another vote for All Stars - especially Movies for the "can't miss that it's Disney" factor.

caryrae
03-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I have only stayed at POP and All Star Movies. Not sure but I think the value resorts (POP and ASMovies) are the ones with the most Disney themeing.

Also for cost if you stay on site parking at parks is free and depending on what else you want to do you can use Magical Express from the airport to your Disney Resort and back for free, so you wouldn't need to pay for a rental car or worry about going to baggage claim with 3 kids. So depending on how many days you go to parks you could save a few hundred $'s on a rental car and Park parking.

Another nice thing about staying on site is if you buy anything at the parks or DTD I think, you can have your purchases shipped to your Disney Resort for free. That's awesome cause you don't to carry stuff around all day. Not to mention staying onsite you can use Extra Magic Hours.

JoDisney
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
All Star Movies!!!!! Check out Info Central above and look under accommodations to compare resorts.

BluewaterBrad
03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I would have to agree with the other posts. All Star Movies or Pop Century will be what you are looking for.:mickey:

KylesMom
03-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Hands down I'd have to recommend All Star Movies with adjoining rooms. It was the second Disney property we stayed at when DS was 3, and the Disney Theming is simply over the top - from the pool to the gift shop to the rooms. Especially if you are budget concious, I think this would work well for you - Disney movie theming at every turn! :mickey:

c&d
03-25-2008, 04:06 PM
All Star Movies. When we stayed there last year I thought it was absolutely wonderful. I loved the larger than life theming at the resort. I have some great pictures of DS sitting in RC and at other places around the resort.

DDuck66
03-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I would suggest the POP Century. The theming at that resort is the best!!!! From the giant telephone to the huge rendition of Herbie the love bug, all of the theming is very "disney". Of all the value resorts, we like it the most. The are other resorts that might have better views and closer poximity to the parks, but Pop has some of the best theming.

JMTStone
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
I vote for All Star Movies. We really liked it there. When you add the Disney Transportation and EMHs, it really make sense to stay on site. And ASM is pretty inexpensive, you may even save money.

Jasper
03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
All of the Disney resorts have great theming but for one that is the most "Disney" then I would agree that All Stars Movies would be your best bet. The other values have great theming but the focus is not nearly as "Disney" intense.

sainter
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
All of the Disney resorts have great theming but for one that is the most "Disney" then I would agree that All Stars Movies would be your best bet. The other values have great theming but the focus is not nearly as "Disney" intense.

I agree. POP is great, but is it full of icons from the past, not all Disney. All Star Movies features all the Disney movie characters everywhere!! :mickey:

jennsky
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm voting for All Star Movies...plus, with it being a Value Resort, the lower cost should be able to convince your hubby! Good luck!

GrmGrninGost
03-25-2008, 11:17 PM
All-Star Movies is the most "obnoxiously" Disney resort. However, you would need to get two rooms there. If you go to All-Star Music, you can get a suite for about the same price as two rooms. The theming is more musically inclined, but still has a lot of Disney. You might also try POP Century. Again, you would need two rooms. There's a lot of Disney theming here, along with pop culture theming from each decade from 1950's - 1990's. All are a lot of fun! Our DKs prefer POP, mainly because they have icees on the beverage island at the food court!

thejens
03-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Another vote for all star movies. My boys love the Herbie area where there are water fountains shooting out of the ground.

Less obnoxious and more expensive is the Beach Club, but the pool is fabulous and being so close to Epcot and the boat and the Boardwalk was pretty fun for my kids. Animal Kingdom is also very cool for kids. But if you want obnoxiously Disney, definitely go for the ASM!

Deesdisney
03-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I think that the All star movies is great. We went in Jan. and my DD 5 loved the big Woody and Buzz. I think this is the only hotel that speaks Disney fanatic. All the other hotels make me feel I am in Disney but for kids this one would be my pick.

ASweetLov
03-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I would choose either Pop or Movies. Pop is the newest out of all the values and its bigger. They are both very kid friendly ,with lots of colors everywhere and huge icons all over the place. If you choose either one of these you will need to get connecting rooms.

Taja
03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
For OTT Disney theming, I would choose ASMovies.

However, as a PP noted, you will have three children over age 3 plus 2 adults. That would require two rooms.

If that case, I would go with ASMusic and a Family Suite. :)

crazypoohbear
03-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Another All Stars or POP vote here
I am not sure if you will need a family suite or 2 rooms.
Check it out. You might be able to get away with it because the youngest is 3 years old.
You could also check out the Port ORleans Riverside, NOT obnoxiously Disney but the pools theming and the Mardi Gras at the French quarter will be eye popping! At Riverside you could request a room with a trundle bed and that would fit 5 easily!
Remember to add in the cost of gas driving back and forth to the parks.
parking
Wear and tear on your car, ( if you drive your own)

cakelady0604
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Looks like Pop or Music is the place!

Thanks you guys! I think dh will be a little disappointed he didn't get any off-site recommendations but I am not too sad. :thumbsup: