PDA

View Full Version : Mickey ice cream bars?

handmaidenofprincesses
03-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi there everyone.

My little niece, Faith, has been hospitalized for about a month. She is seriously ill and only starting to respond to treatment. She has been recieving nutrition through an IV for a long time, but the doctors are permitting her to have fluids, and, if the treatment works as well as they expect, she'll be able to eat solids again soon!

Of course, now that she's being treated, I asked her what she wanted to eat and promised to get it for her. Her response? A Mickey Mouse ice cream from WDW!

As much as I'd like to take her down there and buy her one, she will not be nearly strong enough for a long time. Still, being 6 years old, she doesn't understand this and she reminded me at least thirty times today alone that I owe her a mickey ice cream.

Does anyone know if there is any means of ordering them from Disney? I hate to let her down.

Please let me know, and any other suggestions for brightening up her days would also be gladly appreciated!!

If you could also pray for her and send some pixie dust her way, we'd all appreciate it. She could really use it.

Hull-onian
03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
First of all our prayers go out to your niece. We hope for a speedy recovery. Regarding your Mickey Bar, I think, but I am not too sure, they might ship it up Fed EX on dry ice. It is worth the try. I love Mickey Bars too.
May lots of pixie dust be sprinkled upon your lovely niece.:mickey:

kakn7294
03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
First of all, :pixie: for you niece - and you and all your family as well.

I don't know if Disney will be able to ship Mickey bars - it never hurts to call and ask. If not, however, although it's not the same, they do sell Mickey ice cream bars at places like Walmart in the novelty ice cream section. They are not chocolate covered. I also think the closest thing to a Mickey bar is a Dove dark chocolate ice cream bar - no Mickey shape but at least you have the taste. Good luck to you in your endeavor. If I were going soon myself, I'd snatch some up and somehow get them to you - unfortunately, I won't be there until August.

For some activities to brighten her day, you can print tons of coloring pages from the internet - you can find nearly any character you want. I've also seen Disney themed craft kits at my local craft store. Most involve fun foam and look fairly easy to put together. Puzzles are also a good quiet activity.

biodtl
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
If worse comes to worst, you could always make your own. I have done this (though not Mickey-shaped - but now that I have thought of it...). Let some ice cream soften slightly then spread it to the desired thickness in a baking dish. Let it freeze a little (not too hard), then cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Insert sticks and set them on waxed paper to freeze hard. Finally, dip in chocolate or use some magic shell.

Hull-onian
03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
If worse comes to worst, you could always make your own. I have done this (though not Mickey-shaped - but now that I have thought of it...). Let some ice cream soften slightly then spread it to the desired thickness in a baking dish. Let it freeze a little (not too hard), then cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Insert sticks and set them on waxed paper to freeze hard. Finally, dip in chocolate or use some magic shell.

That's a great idea. Mickey Bars year round for everyone. Gotta love it!

handmaidenofprincesses
03-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for all of your help everyone.

I called Walt Disney Merchandising this morning to see if they would ship some of the ice cream bars to us:bar: but, as a rather snotty cast member informed me, they don't ship perishables.

So, on to plan B, which I believe will be the novelty ice creams Not as good as a full-dipped bar, but better than nothing I suppose.

I do like the do-it-yourself idea, but I am faced with two problems: a) lack of a Mickey cookie cutter and b) lack of time. Though I could probably find a Mickey cookie cutter, I'm already trying to balance my time between college, work and te hospital. I'm not sure there's enough room in there for a project like that: Not until school lets out for summer at least.

Thanks again for your help. Faith had a crummy day today, but she did repeat over and again that she wants three things:
1) a Mickey Mouse ice cream
2) Mickeyroni and Cheese (which they will ship, but at $3.95 a box and $9.95 s&h, it's not exactly inexpensive)
3) a cheese pizza with mushrooms and olives (which I have to admit doesn't sound the least bit appetizing to me lol)

Please keep up the prayers and pixie dust! She needs all of them! We really do appreciate it. If anyone wants to leave her a get well message, I will print them for her. Thanks!!

Hull-onian
03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
So, on to plan B, which I believe will be the novelty ice creams Not as good as a full-dipped bar, but better than nothing I suppose.

I do like the do-it-yourself idea, but I am faced with two problems: a) lack of a Mickey cookie cutter and b) lack of time. Though I could probably find a Mickey cookie cutter, I'm already trying to balance my time between college, work and te hospital. I'm not sure there's enough room in there for a project like that: Not until school lets out for summer at least.

Thanks again for your help. Faith had a crummy day today, but she did repeat over and again that she wants three things:
1) a Mickey Mouse ice cream
2) Mickeyroni and Cheese (which they will ship, but at $3.95 a box and $9.95 s&h, it's not exactly inexpensive)
3) a cheese pizza with mushrooms and olives (which I have to admit doesn't sound the least bit appetizing to me lol)

Please keep up the prayers and pixie dust! She needs all of them! We really do appreciate it. If anyone wants to leave her a get well message, I will print them for her. Thanks!!

Mickeyroni might be easy to get in The World. I will look for it in the big gift shop in DTD. And anything else you can think of. I feel badly about the Mickey bars because hubby wants one too. So I will get Marty the Mickey rice krispy treats on a stick. I am dying for a Mickey waffle,:tasty:.

Dakota Rose
03-28-2008, 11:54 PM

This is my favorite ever pizza! I think it's because I had it for the first time the night I first saw Cinderella. :cloud9:

Prayers and pixie dust to Faith...:)