PDA

View Full Version : Tipping with DDP

caubert
03-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey everybody, I was wondering since tips are no longer included with DDP, if you can add the tip and charge it to your room card/ MYW card? I would like to avoid bringing cash to parks. Thanks for any help.
caubert

JCDarzi
03-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi, just got back from WDW using the DDP. Yes, you can put your tip on your "key to the world" card.

When they bring your bill, it will have a recommended tip amount of 18% & 20% given at the bottom. it will not be totaled into the final amount. You can use these as a guide or tip more or less depending on your preference.

When you give them your card, they will come back with two receipts. One will be for the meal to sign and another will be authorization to charge whatever amount you gave for the tip back to your card.

Hope this helps.

sbnewbride
03-25-2008, 02:30 PM
JCDarzi is completely right. I just wanted to add one thing. Before my husband and I went (March 9-15), I had read on here that the servers immediately "remind" you that the tip is no longer included on the DDP when you sit down to your meal. Although some places may do this, we did not experience this at all, not even once. I was a little nervous how my husband would react to this but was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't an issue for us.

In case anyone else had read this, I just wanted to add that in. Maybe it's because the newness of the plan has kind of worn off (being 2.5 months into the year) or something. I don't know :mickey: Happy Vacationing!

kathiep
03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
So you have to indicate how much you are going to tip and then give that receipt to your server?

Sounds like it could get a little uncomfortable if you don't feel your service warranted a larger tip :blush:

cal5755
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Our tips will be automatic because are smallest table is for 8 and most times it is for 12 people. We are debating if we should just bring cash or charge and pay right when we get home.

DANAM
03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
How do they handle that if you intend on leaving cash? Do you let them know when you ask for the bill? I can just imagine. Excuse me may we get the check, and we will be leaving a cash tip.