PDA

View Full Version : Park, Hotel & Fly from Detroit

Love of Disney
03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Has anyone ever stayed at a hotel close to the Detroit airport that allows them to park their car at the hotel for the week and drive them to and from the airport? Thanks!! :cool:

TheRustyScupper
03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
1) Almost any Hampton Inn (airport) has the park-n-fly option.
2) At some, you pay an extra $20.
3) But, there is no fee for daily parking.
4) Plus, you have the shuttle to/from the airport.

NOTE: Although convenient, the hotels do not have a secure parking lot like an airport lot. I have not heard of a problem, but just be forewarned.

MickeyChick
03-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Howard Johnson Detroit Metro-DTW

Ramada Inn Detroit Metro- DTW

La Quinta Inn

Comfort Inn

Fairfield Inn

Four Points by Sheraton

All of these by the Detroit Airport do ParkSleepFly.

divinedi
03-25-2008, 01:52 PM
We're doing the Park and Fly at the Detroit Airport. We have to leave our house about 1:30 am, but the cost for about 11 nights at the airport was only about $110. Now I don't have small children anymore, and we will hopefully nap before we head out, but there are 6 of us and the cost for a night at a Hotel just didn't seem worth it to me, and now reading the bit about the parking lots not being secure at the Hotels, I'm sure I want to go this route. We're not as far away as you, but it will still take about 2.5 hours to get to the airport, depending on the time it takes to cross the border, hopefully not too busy that time of the morning!! Have a great trip!!

Buttercup
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
My sister recommends the Westin, which is right at the airport. Most of the "park & fly" hotels are not at the airport -- you have to take a shuttle bus when you're ready to go. We're going to be staying there in May and we're getting their park & fly package.
It's a little more expensive than the other hotels in the area, BUT... as I say, you don't have to take a bus from the hotel to the airport because you're already there! So no lugging your bags onto a bus and all that. Plus, they have valet parking, an exclusive security checkpoint for hotel guests (so you don't have to wait in the regular security lineups), and a lot more amenities. And the Westin's parking lot is secure because it's on airport property.
For us, travelling with 2 young children, I thought this definitely was the way to go. It's hard carrying babies, luggage and all that stuff so the less travelling between hotel and airport the better!
I believe with taxes and everything, for one night's stay, and 8 nights of parking, it comes to $204.00 for a 2-queen bed room.

Love of Disney
03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the ideas everyone!! :cool:

Johnno52
03-25-2008, 10:47 PM
DIVINEDI, make sure you check the detours at the Ambassador bridge. The whole area is under construction and you have to detour through city streets before you can make it onto the freeways (I94 & I75) to the airport. The signs are well posted. The customs backups may take you about 30-45 mins. Make sure you have all documents including itinerary copies as they have been picky lately.

Love of Disney
03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
A friend of mine crossed in Sarnia (last week) and took I94 to the airport. She said it was even quicker than going through Windsor. I guess it all depends where you live!! :cool: