PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide - Sept or Oct

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-24-2008, 12:58 PM
My DH and I go in Sept because of our anniversary and the resorts cost less. However we were planning to go in Oct because of a wedding (don't think will happen). I'm trying to decide which month to go in now. I'd really like to go in Sept but with so many people doing the free DDP I don't know.

We want to get the Deluxe DDP but I don't want to pay for it if I can't get any reservations because they are offering the DDP for free. Does anyone know........can you book reservations without having a vacation booked?

Which month would you go and why?

DDuck66
03-24-2008, 02:08 PM
We always like to go during the first week of October. Schools are back in Session and the majority of Hurricane Season is past. The weather is usually a little cooler and we love the MNSSHP. It just seems weird to to celebrate Halloween in September (IMHO).

PixieChick
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
We have gone in both early Sept. for the free DDP and late October. As much as I loved the free DDp for the savings I would still choose October for the weather. It's a bit cooler and the humidity is lower making it a more pleasant trip. As far as crowds in early Sept, I would say other than the weekends i didn't find it to be terribly busy. Although that was in 2006, it may be different now.
Have a great trip!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
03-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I chose Sept. for the free dining... We were there last September and the only day that was really busy was Labor Day in Animal Kingdom, but we should have thought that one out better.. with AK's narrow walk ways it seems crowded on an empty day~! Most of the rest of our trip we literally walked onto most of the rides. We only had to fast pass EE and Soarin. It was so great to get to MK at 10 am and walk onto everything in Fantasy Land with the kids and not have them waiting in long lines. We didn't find the weather terrible... but after New Englad winters, I am happy for heat and humidity ...

wdwnomad
03-24-2008, 10:43 PM
You can absoultely make ADR's without having a reservation. The only advantage for ADR's with a reservation at a Disney resort is the 180 + 10 day rule. This means you can make ADR's at your 180 day mark of your check-in date for your entire trip up to 10 days. If you don't have a reservation you will have to call every day at the 180 day mark of every day of your vacation to make a reservation.

I called this morning and made all of my ADR's for my trip from 9/20/08 - 9/29/08. I got everything I wanted and had many times to choose from.

If it was me, I would go in September. I think it is a little cheaper and less crowded.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'll book ADRs for late Sept - hopefully it will be cooler than last year. That way if they do have the free DDP offer next month I'm not out of luck with reservations. And if we change our mind....I'll immediately cancel so someone else can get them.