PDA

View Full Version : Universal Resorts & Front of Line

DisneyTopper
03-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, I am out-voted in going to Disney next summer, so it looks like we may hit Universal Orlando again, which is fine.

When we went in '05, it was the first week in August and they still had the free 'fast pass' type of system, similar to Disney. They have since converted to the pay for FOL, which for a family of four, is way too much money. Plus, it just burns me to pay for that privelege on top of the regular ticket prices.

Now I am considering (depending on prices and special promotions) paying the high price to stay at a Universal resort, partly because we may need to move our vacation up to mid-late July which would likely mean larger crowds.

So, my question to anyone out there is:

When you stay at a Universal Resort, do you get those priveleges your entire stay?

Is it unlimited access? Or do you get to go to each ride once per day or something like that?

I assume that you get to enter a different line (much like fastpass) where the waits would be significantly less.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences!

kdsjjb
03-24-2008, 01:19 PM
it just burns me to pay for that privelege on top of the regular ticket prices.

AH, yes. But most of us would gladly shell out big bucks if Disney ever did this?
So, my question to anyone out there is:

When you stay at a Universal Resort, do you get those priveleges your entire stay?

Yes, you get it for the lenght of stay, including the day of check in and check out.

Is it unlimited access? Or do you get to go to each ride once per day or something like that?

Unlimited trips through when staying on site.

I assume that you get to enter a different line (much like fastpass) where the waits would be significantly less.

Exactly.

If you're going during a busy time, IMO staying on site is worth the money. FOL included and everything is within easy walking distance. Two things I really like about USO

dizneeat
03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I don't know how long you intend to stay, but there is a special that if you stay for 4 nights (or longer I think) at a UO resort your tickets are free.
Let me explain, since we did this 2 years in a row including summer 08. We book the Royal Pacific (a - it is the cheapest of their resorts and b- is easy walking distance to the parks AND has a water taxi) for 4 nights and the tickets for UO and IOA are free!!
PLUS you get unlimited access to their "express" line when showing your room key!! You can ride a ride as often as you want to, you only have to walk around and use the "express" again.
Yes, it is more expensive, but we found 3 days (we arrived late the first day) to be more than enough to hit all the rides with the express.
Hope that helped! If you have any more questions PM me!

GrandFlo
03-26-2008, 04:07 PM
I must admit, that during "crowded" times of the year, staying at a Universal hotel is well worth it. As an above post mentioned, you have unlimited access to the atractions and can go on a ride 10 times in a row if you like. We did this with SpiderMan. All you have to do is show your resort card at the express distribtion side of the line.

We have stayed at the Hrad Rock and the Portifino and like them both. You can walk from all resorts right to the parks and City Walk. There is also a boat between the hotels and City Walk.

Rockstar Boyfriends
03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Remember as well, the Universal resorts are great places to stay. The unlimited Express usage is a great perk, though.

Just remember if you're going during the summer, it'll be hot! Temps can get up into the high 90's. It will rain everyday for around 30-45 minutes in the afternoon (usually around 3 or 4 pm) and it'll be crowded. Since you're staying onsite, you can flash your onsite room key and you'll be let into the Universal Express line. Don't flash anything else, or you might get arrested. :)

Don't forget to enjoy the Universal resort too. Eat at a nice restaurant, take a dip in the pool, get a massage, or take a ride on the very clean toilet. :)