PDA

View Full Version : Supercalafragalistic Breakfast and Garden Grill Opinions Please!!

mkymouse0206
03-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Has anyone eaten at the Supercalafragalistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or at the Garden Grill? They are both in the running for our upcoming trip next year, but I don't see much info on either one.:confused: We are planning a nine day trip so I will need eight sit downs. I already have my favorites but am looking for some new choices. We are traveling with a 14 yr old and a 10 yr old and will have the dining plan.
I know this is really planning ahead, but it is what I do to pass the time between trips. Plan,Plan,Plan...read Intercot...change Plans...read Intercot some more.:blush:
Any suggestions are welcome!! Thanx!!

KylesMom
03-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Although I can't comment on the Super... breakfast, we've dined at The Garden Grill for several years and have had nothing but the best of experiences. The service has been great, the food tasty & plentiful and this is among the best locations to greet Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale. It's cool the way the restaurant rotates ever so slightly while you're dining, so that you're never looking at the same thing.

I would highly recommend visiting "The Land" attraction before you eat here so that your kids have a better understanding of how the food is grown right there by hydroponics and served fresh at Garden Grill. :thumbsup::mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
We LOVE the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare! It's one of our favorites! The characters are wonderful...the Mad Hatter is worth the trip alone. It's like he just stepped out of the movie! Perfect character! Great interaction!

The buffet is amazing too...unique selection, great food! I'd highly recommend this breakfast.

We also enjoy the Garden Grill. It's neat to see the restaurant turn. I agree about going on the Land boat ride first because the restaurant uses so much of the produce in their cooking. It will be neat for the kids to see where their food came from! Good character interaction and good comfort food!

DVCWDWMEMBER
03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
We have eaten at both places and have never had a bad experience at either place. whichever one you pick I am sure you will have a great time. :mickey:

DDuck66
03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
We LOVE the Garden Grill. It is our favorite Character Meal at EPCOT. The food has always been good and the character interaction has been wonderful. We are never rushed and usually stay about an hour taking our time in the revolving restaurant. It takes about an hour and a half to revolve completely around. We usually see the characters at least twice as the circulate around the different tables.

Duchess99
03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I've only been to the Super breakfast and thought it was great! The selection was great...love the make your own omlette bar :) The characters are great too...like previously said, the Mad Hatter is worth the trip alone.

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
We have eaten at both and really loved both of them for different reasons. Character interaction is truly great at both.

Supercali . . offers slightly different food and characters not easily found elsewhere. The buffet has all the traditional breakfast fare, plus we saw some different things there as well. (I.e. Strawberry Soup, which my daughter loved) However, the restaurant and buffet experience is very similar to other WDW buffet dining.

Garden Grill- Family style. Very fresh food, and plenty of it. Setting and atmosphere is really different. Great scenery that changes as it rotates. There is a hidden Mickey in a mural that is really hard to find. The big booths make you feel like you are the only diners there.

Belle_0717
03-24-2008, 07:52 PM
My DH and I ate at the Supercalafragalistic Breakfast on our last trip. It wasn't very super. The food was just ok. If you are looking for a character breakfast I highly reccomend Hollywood and Vine breakfast. If you don't care about characters Boma has a great breakfast.

May524
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
We have done the breakfast on our last 2x and enjoyed it very much so one trip, and eh the next. The food is always good (love the lobster eggs benedict), however, the service on the 2nd trip we just OK. We were put next to a huge obnoxious table and it just wasn't that good of an experience, but I would still go there again.
Garden Grill was great the one time we went. I loved seeing the scenes with living with the land and the food was really good. The character interaction was also great!

tinksmom02
03-24-2008, 09:25 PM
We did the Super breakfast last Jan (before their rehab), and we really enjoyed it! The characters were great and the food was delicious. A bonus was that the restaurant wasn't even half-full while we were there, so it was a quiet, enjoyable meal.

I would definitely go back...for breakfast. We tried the dinner there (w/Cindy & fam) in Sept and weren't really impressed with the food.

GrmGrninGost
03-24-2008, 10:09 PM
We have not tried the Super... breakfast, but I can highly recommend the Garden Grill! :mickey: The food is yummy, especially the fried catfish! The characters are always great, and the slowly revolving restaurant is neat! We have been there several times and love it!

Crow
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
ate at GG this recent last trip.
good food, characters came around a few times. it seemed to rotate in an hr

beksy
03-24-2008, 10:43 PM
We ate at the GG last trip mainly because all the other sit-down restaurants were booked for the time we wanted but it ended up being one of our favorite meals. The service, food, scenery, and character interaction were great! Our server was one of the best we've ever had and Chip and Dale were wonderful (in fact, Dale became my sister's favorite character after the way he interacted with her during this meal!). We loved the revolving and the food was fresh and plentiful. We will definitely go again and highly recommend it. We tried several character meals and by far this was the best! :thumbsup:

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Garden Grill is one of our favorites!!:mickey:

DisneyGrrrl
03-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I can't comment on the GG as it seems that every time we have an ADR for it, we have to cancel.

Regarding the 1900 Park Fare breakfast:

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I did not like it. I don't mind paying a lot for good food at Disney at all, but this was standard, nothing-out-of-the-ordinary eggs and bacon for $30 a person.

But aside from the cost, I personally did not enjoy the experience itself. The characters were a strange combo - Tigger would be followed by the Mad Hatter, who would be followed by Mary Poppins, etc.

Truly the thing that really bugged me was the closeness of the tables. I have eaten at just about every character meal since we've been passholders for 10 years, but this one takes the cake. I felt like I was sitting in the lap of the people next to us and behind us. I couldn't even push my chair out enough to sit my infant DD on my lap and both myself and the person behind me had to really **** it in to get out to the buffet. For me, it was just too much and I'm Disney Freak, so that's saying a lot! :blush:

Hayden's Dad
03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
I vouch for both. They are both on our to do list.

Tigerinvestigator
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
The Garden Grill is easily the favorite restaurant of everyone in my family. In our opinion it is the best food at WDW, has the best one on one time with the characters, and the servers have always been great. Throw in a revolving floor and views of the Living with the Land Boatride and it is simply the best dining experience for families at WDW!:thumbsup:

Just a note: I am glad to see all good reviews on GG in this post. A few years ago they experimented with a menu change and alot of people have not been back. They are now back to normal in their menu and it is similar to its original menu. Many times when people are giving bad reviews, it was because they ate there during that "different" period.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
03-26-2008, 08:48 PM
My husband and I will be trying The Garden Grille for the first time this year. We've always wanted to try it and never did. And so this year will be the taste test. :)

momof3+twins
03-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Garden Grill is great. The atmosphere and the food are very good.
You can easily have breakfast in the room. Use your dining plan for a dinner.

SurferStitch
03-27-2008, 10:33 AM
DH and I are doing the Supercalafragalistic breakfast in May. We haven't had breakfast here since 2002, so we are looking forward to it. Plus, I love Mary Poppins, so that will make some great pictures!

Is Burt there, too? I hope, I hope, I hope.....

TexasPrincessAurora
03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
DH and I are doing the Supercalafragalistic breakfast in May. We haven't had breakfast here since 2002, so we are looking forward to it. Plus, I love Mary Poppins, so that will make some great pictures!

Is Burt there, too? I hope, I hope, I hope.....

Nope, no Burt. Just Mary, Tigger, Pooh, Alice & Mad Hatter.

SurferStitch
03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Nope, no Burt. Just Mary, Tigger, Pooh, Alice & Mad Hatter.

Bummer.

Oh well, at least I'll get pictures with Alice and the Mad Hatter...never got them before! (We did get a pic with Alice on the DCL, but that doesn't count. :secret: )

mkymouse0206
03-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Thank you all so much for the feedback!:thanks:
I knew I could count on Intercot to tell me what I need to know. :rocks:
We have decided to add a dinner at Garden Grill and a breakfast at Supercali. to our adr's.
The final adr's will be as follows (unless you guys tell me something I don't know about the ones I haven't tried yet!):
1. Ohana ~ dinner (one of our favs):lei:
2. Chef Mickey ~ dinner (one of our favs):chef:
3. Whipering Canyon ~ dinner (one of our favs):eat:
4. Crystal Palace ~ breakfast (one of our favs):pooh:
5. Sci Fi Dine-In ~ dinner (I know this is a 50/50 split but ds is determined to eat there)
6. Mama Melrose ~ Fantasmic Pkg (I did not like H&V)
7. Garden Grill ~ dinner (thanks to you guys)
8. Supercali ~ breakfast ( thanks to you guys)

Thanks again for your input!!! I'm sure you aren't done yet!:mickey:

murphy1
03-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm late getting in on this, GG is one of our top 5 and we eat there everytime we go to Epcot (we go on quite a few day trips since I still have a lot of relatives in the area). The servers are always so great, you sit down and the food comes to you and the characters have more room and more time to come around, even coming around twice. Enjoy!! One other thing we do is get FP for Soarin' and then ride it after our meal, but we usually do lunch, so don't know how that would fit in for your dinner, but you might want to see if there are FP and go on it. My kids really enjoy the Kidcot station near GG too and will do a craft before we eat.