PDA

View Full Version : Question about DDP and party of 9

hunter1211
03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Hello! My family of 9 (dh, me, dmil, dfil, and 5 dd's. So, 4 adults, 4 children and 1 infant.) are trying to plan our WDW trip for September. We are hoping for the free dining, but realize that it might not happen.

Anyway, I have made some of my dining ADR's and dh and I were thinking of some things that we have no clue on. (We have been to WDW before, but not with the Dining plan.)

We were wondering when all 9 of us are seated at 1 table how does paying for the meal on the dining plan work? I will be booking us in 2 rooms at a WDW hotel. (We are waiting until April to make those, so we don't know where we are staying.) Dh and I will be in one room with 3 kids and Dmil and Dfil in another room with our other 2 kids. At the end of the meal do we just give them all of our room cards? Or just one from each room? How does tip work? I know with a large party they say we will be automatically charged 18% tip, but how does that tip work with 2 different cards? Do we just pick who pays for the 18% tip?

Also, when we are split up at 2 tables, do we have to sit by room. (Do the 2 kids in the room with inlaws have to sit with them and us with the other 3 kids in our room. Or can we mix it up?) Also, I know at Le Cellier they said it would be a table of 8 and a table of 2. So, how do we do the 2 people at the small table? (If dh and I sat there, then our kids on our room key would be at the other table.)

I am sorry for all the questions. We are just totally clueless about the DDP, but with our party of 9 it would be a great deal if they do offer it free! Enough to try it for the 1st time! lol

All we do know pretty much is that to pay for a meal or snack you give them your room key/card and they take that credit (table service/snack or counter service) from it.

btw....the reason I asked about the 1 table and 2 tables, is so far I have gotten these to adr's.

1 Table at Princess Storybook in Norway (Dinner)
1 Table at Chef Mickey's (Dinner)
2 Tables at Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
2 Tables Whispering Canyon Cafe (Lunch)
2 Tables Le Cellier (Lunch)

Thanks for any and all help!

gerald72
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Paying with the DDP card is easy. You can give them one card from each room, or everyone can give their own card.
I don't see how it would matter which table everyone sat at.