PDA

View Full Version : Another Photopass Question - Sorry

avenueqpat
03-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey All.

I have been searching the forums for something similar and I noticed a lot of PhotoPass questions came up. My situation is a bit different.

I am traveling to Disney solo, and may or may not meet up with some Florida friends to go to the parks - nothing has been cemented yet.

I probably don't want to buy any pictures to print out, but just to save them for my Digital photo sites and things like that.

Is there anything other than the Photo CD ($99) that would allow you to use things just for online use?

I have a bad feeling the answer will be no, but I thought I would ask.

Any other tips regarding photos would be awesome too - if it would be worth it, I can order the CD when I get home, but I don't want to have just 4 or 5 pics and thats it.

offwego
03-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, one tip is to always ask them to take multiple shots (most do but it pays to ask) and you of course get to add borders and crop etc to change the shots.

Most if not all the meet & greets now offer this as well.

You can "share" the photo's via email to your friends and family but not link them to your web site. (and emailing them to yourself or others is free!) so it is a neat way to share your fun with other from that point of view.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Well, what is great about the pre-order is that if you get home and aren't happy with the pictures themselves, the number of pictures, or you just change your mind about it, you can get a full refund for the CD, as long as you don't use the code that they will email you when you preorder.

I was worried that it wouldn't be a good investment for us... we have APs and go ALL the time, but we took a 5 day trip for my daughter's birthday in January and stayed onsite. Came home and had over 500 original pictures (no edits, borders, etc.). By the time I ordered the CD (we also went back a few more times before the first pics expired and those went on the CD as well, since you have 30 days before they expire) we had 1735 pictures.

Another thing: tell the PhotoPass people that you pre-ordered the CD, and they will take tons of shots for you. At least that was our experience. We even had one photographer on Main Street take a bunch of random shots of my little one after we did BBB. She was twirling and dancing in the street and he was just standing there and I asked him if he would take some of her since we had pre-ordered the CD. He took a ton of great shots, and even positioned himself so that the castle was behind her. My favorite picture of her the whole trip is from that bunch.

It was great for me because I am a single mom, so it is just me and my 3 year old, so doing character meets can be hard trying to get a camera, her autograph book, and try to enjoy it all at once while being considerate of others in line behind us. This way, I was able to let the PhotoPass people take her picture (and multiple shots), I was able to get some pictures with he rand the characters, plus I got to actually ENJOY her seeing them all.

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I probably don't want to buy any pictures to print out, but just to save them for my Digital photo sites and things like that.

Is there anything other than the Photo CD ($99) that would allow you to use things just for online use?

I don't know of anything other than the CD that would allow you to do that with the Photo Pass pictures. You can sometimes get them to take a picture with your camera as well, so then you would have those available to you.

And, by the way, the $99 cost is the pre-purchase price. If you don't buy it in advance, it's $125.

avenueqpat
03-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I read somewhere tonight, don't remember if it was off of this board - that someone was offered the chance to buy it in the park for $59?

Do you know if that is a current offer. That would seem much more reasonable to me and my last day there the Magic Kingdom is open till 11, so I could still get some fun night shots before going to do it.

Also - if that is the case, do you know what shop to go to for that offer - or even to review pictures taken while you are there

avenueqpat
03-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Also thanks for the advice so far - I may actually preorder if that is the cheapest solution and see if I like the shots I got.

It stinks being on a budget, but I did get a GREAT airfare deal from Delta - 150 round trip from Albany NY - so I guess I should be a bit more willing to sokurge on momentos

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I read somewhere tonight, don't remember if it was off of this board - that someone was offered the chance to buy it in the park for $59?

Do you know if that is a current offer. That would seem much more reasonable to me and my last day there the Magic Kingdom is open till 11, so I could still get some fun night shots before going to do it.

Also - if that is the case, do you know what shop to go to for that offer - or even to review pictures taken while you are there

That'd be awesome if it was! I haven't heard anything, but I guarantee that if it exists, someone on here will know for you!

The bad thing about ordering in the parks is that any and all edits you want to do HAVE to be done at the park. And it can be pretty time consuming to go through each picture and add a border/signature/icon/etc. It took me probably 4 - 5 hours to do all the edits for my pictures. It is really nice to go home and add everything you want and not feel rushed. Especially if you have a lot of pictures.

You can look at the pictures at the Kodak place (DANGIT, I STILL don't know the name! :blush:) that is on the right hand side when you enter MK, directly opposite City Hall) and I am pretty sure you can get the CD there too. I dunno if they give it to you right then or mail it to you. I dunno how quickly they are able to burn the pics onto a CD.