PDA

View Full Version : Castle Cancellation Question

disneyduggan
03-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I hope to get a PS at the Castle for lunch. I'm almost 100% sure it will fit in with our plan. I understand you need to give a credit card number in advance.

Do they charge the card through upon your booking or just take your number?

If they charge through, what is the cancellation policy?

Any help is most appreciated!:mickey:

Natazu
03-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Payment is due in full at the time of booking.
If you cancel further than 24 hours before your ADR, there is no penalty. If you cancel within 24 hours, there is a $10 charge per person.

#1donaldfan
03-23-2008, 09:38 PM
UMMMMM????? It's my understanding that the card is charged only IF you don't cancel in time (within 24 hrs $10.00 per person) and of course when you eat. Other than that, the card is only for confirmation purposes...no charge will show on your bill till after the fact.....at least this is how I am made to understand it.....I'd like to know as well, for sure, as we plan on eating there this year (FINALLY).......?????:confused:

disneylovinmom
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
They charged my card immediately when I called in June 2007 for our December trip. I suppose if you cancel within the 24 hour period they will have to refund your card. We ate there, so not sure what happens when cancelling. It was nice to already have a meal paid for.

disneyduggan
03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I agree...nice to have a meal pre-paid, but want to make sure that should something come up while I am planning within the next couple of months. Like a change a MK day to an EPCOT day or something like that, I will be able to get my money back.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I just booked 2 weeks ago and they took card number but did not charge the card. I was under the impression that they would only charge the card if you fail to show up.:mickey:

Mom2princesses
03-24-2008, 08:58 AM
They charged my card at the time of booking. If you are paying OOP they charge your card immediately.

I thought you had to cancel 48 hours in advance but looks like everyone else says 24 hours. I would assume that you would get refunded upon cancellation.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh maybe that explains why they didn't charge our card, we are on the bounce back free dining plan.:cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
If you're on the DDP, then they take the CC number for confirmation, and only charge it if you don't show up.

If you're paying OOP, then the CC is charged immediately.

I've done it both ways, and my CC was charged as soon as I made the ADR when I paid OOP. I'm assuming that you get a refund if you call and cancel, but I've never tried that part out personally!

DizneyRox
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
If you're on the DDP, then they take the CC number for confirmation, and only charge it if you don't show up.

If you're paying OOP, then the CC is charged immediately.

This is the correct answer. I also agree that I've been told it wouldn't be charged, but it is. I don't even pay attention to what the CMs say anymore, 1/2 the time it's wrong. But, when booking meals that require a CC to hold, you WILL be charged if you are paying OOP. If on the DDP, you will give a CC to make sure you show up. If you cancel within the allowed cancellation window, you WILL be refunded. It might take a few weeks, but it will show back up.