PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights Question ?

GINNY69
03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Is It worth going to dinner :chef: at Boatwrights after a day at a park and then taking the ferry over to DTD? What are your opinions on the restaurant and food quality ?

Thanks for all you feedbacks !

Kathi K
03-23-2008, 07:48 PM
We have had dinner at Boatwrights several times and have always enjoyed it. If you are thinking of going to DTD via the ferry after a day in the park, just make sure to book your table ahead and save plenty of room for dessert at Ghiredilli's! This is a wonderful way to end a busy day at the parks. ENJOY :mickey:

JPL
03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Boatwright's is one of WDW's best kept secrets they have great food and excellent service but it's just a bit off the beaten path.

SBETigg
03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
I think Boatwright's is okay for dinner if you're staying at the POR and don't feel like going out for something else. I don't think it's worth the trip if not. The food and service was mediocre at best when we were there a few years ago. The atmosphere was not as special as we'd hoped. It just wasn't a great experience, especially considering there are so many much better options in Downtown Disney. My recommendation would be to try Wolfgang Puck's or Raglan Road, or any of the other wonderful deluxe resort restaurants.

Natazu
03-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Boatwright's is pretty good. It will sure make a good dinner before going shopping at DTD or taking in CIrque. They have awesome desserts and great service.

#1donaldfan
03-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Boatwrights is a GREAT place to eat, and for us we like the breakfast WAY better!!!:number1:

The dinner is VERY good, but for us it's too much like "home cooking" and for us, while on vacation we like something a lot different....:mickey:

pogo
03-23-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree with Natazu ! Good food, generous servings and excellent service. What more can you ask for ?? :D

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 10:30 PM
On our trip last October, our breakfast meal was very good, and we had good service as well. But, our dinner meal was much less impressive. The food was only OK and the service was not very good at all. And, our dessert (pecan pie) was definitely taken straight out of the refrigerator (maybe even freezer) and then served to us like that.

GrmGrninGost
03-23-2008, 11:28 PM
We are there this past September and enjoyed it very much! I would recomment trying it! :mickey:

LandFan
03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
We ate at Boatwright's before going to DTD a couple trips ago. It was OK and it was really fun to explore POR and take the boat to DTD (in a rainstorm!!). We wouldn't go out of our way again though - we thought the food and service were just OK. None of us were wowed.

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 11:29 PM
We ate there one night in '07. My whole family (myself, DH, DS13, DD10)enjoyed it and our waiter was extremely nice and accomodating. We won't be eating there this coming trip, but it is definitely on our repeat list for another time. Especially when we stay at POR.:mickey:

Ms.Disney
03-25-2008, 12:20 AM
We stayed at POR in Sept 07 and really did not think much of it. It was ok, I have heard breakfast is better than dinner. We had dinner and our stakes we over cooked and everything else was just ok.

Genie1953
03-25-2008, 12:31 AM
We absolutely loved Boatwrights and ate there quite a few times when we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. DO remember to make ADR's as you might have a wait. We lucked out by being there about 20 minutes before opening and were able to be seated with very little waiting, but by the time we were finished the waiting areas and corridors leading to Boatwrights were filling up with waiting people. We really liked the dinners but our favorite was breakfast! We highly recommend it to everyone!

terri110874
03-25-2008, 06:44 AM
We ate at Boatwrights on out last trip, Feb 28 to March 4 of 2008. We both had steaks on our first dinner. They were soo good.

We had ressies at 5pm. We were the 1st to get there and to check in. Once we were paged to seat, we were told that we would be opening Boatwrights for dinner. My boyfriend had to ring the dinner bell (its a big triangle thing)and yell dinner time.:eat: It was so funny to see.

We did go back a second trip on the last night and did breakfast here. Both were good

luvdiznee
03-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Yes. The Jambalaya and cornbread are very much worth it. Then a horse carriage ride around the resort and then the boat to DTD. Memories.....:cloud9:

katzctkpt
03-25-2008, 03:01 PM
We stay at PO and have eaten dinner there once. The food is much of what we normally eat so it was like home. We like to try different things so we haven't ate dinner there anymore. Now breakfast is a different story. I love....the sweet potato pancakes and my children love the french toast. I would try boatwrights at least once and then catch the boat to dt to say you've tried and make your own opinion about it. Just remember to post your experience.

ParkMan
03-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd say it depends on what kind of dining experience you are looking for.

We've stayed at POR a couple of times and are at Boatwrights each time. For us, it was always the place we went to when we were out of energy and wanted a good place to eat that wasn't far from the hotel.

I remember the food being good, but typical from a mid quality restaurant.

If I was looking for a "WOW" restaurant, this wouldn't be the place.

I've also enjoyed taking the boat from POR to DTD.

In short, I think you're idea is a very nice one - as long as Boatwrights is the kind of restaurant you are looking for.

Genie1953
03-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes. The Jambalaya and cornbread are very much worth it. Then a horse carriage ride around the resort and then the boat to DTD. Memories.....:cloud9:

You know....I heard a sad thing...I heard that they have stopped the carriage rides at Port Orleans. I hope it isn't true. We didn't do that when we stayed there and hoped to make a stop over there on our next trip and give it a try. We did do the boat to DTD though and really enjoyed it!

garymacd
03-26-2008, 11:21 AM
You know!

We WERE trying to keep Port Orleans ( and especially French Quarter and Boatwrights) a SECRET?!?

You keep telling people how great the food, the theming and ambiance is, and, pretty soon, none of us will be able to get in there!

Sure! Corn bread, jambalaya and beignets are incredible and it feels like home (without Mom yelling at you to get your elbows off the table), and there is that awesome boat ride to DtD, and the jazz and piano music, and that huge spinning wheel and Mardi Gras decorations in the food courts, and the horse-drawn carriage rides at dusk that are so romantic; but do we have to tell EVERYONE!

:funny:

Hull-onian
03-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Is It worth going to dinner :chef: at Boatwrights after a day at a park and then taking the ferry over to DTD? What are your opinions on the restaurant and food quality ?

Thanks for all you feedbacks !

We enjoyed our dinner. It was superb. You do need an ADR to eat there. The food quality was right up there. One of the best meals we had besides the Contemporary Concourse Steak House. You will enjoy it. :tasty:

Hull-onian
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
We ate at Boatwrights on out last trip, Feb 28 to March 4 of 2008. We both had steaks on our first dinner. They were soo good.

We had ressies at 5pm. We were the 1st to get there and to check in. Once we were paged to seat, we were told that we would be opening Boatwrights for dinner. My boyfriend had to ring the dinner bell (its a big triangle thing)and yell dinner time.:eat: It was so funny to see.

We did go back a second trip on the last night and did breakfast here. Both were good
I agree with everything you said about Boatwrights. I have one more ADR to make, that might be it.:thumbsup:

terri110874
03-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Carriage rides are still open. We just did on our last trip in Feb 08. It was great and relaxing.