PDA

View Full Version : DTD at Halloween?

CandleontheWater
03-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Has anyone been to DTD on Halloween night? I heard from a friend that they do some extra stuff, like have streetmosphere, extra decorations, dance parties and the like. Has anyone ever been there that can tell me a little about what goes on? We're thinking of doing MNSSHP on the 30th and going to DTD for the 31st, but if DTD isn't going to be overly exciting, we'll probably switch and do MNSSHP on the 31st.

wendy*darling
03-26-2008, 05:14 PM
In the past, they used to do trick or treating at the Marketplace stores and have a kids dance party type thing on the Marketplace stage.
Pleasure Island also used to do special events for Halloween night, but they are still changing things around there.

But, I do not know if they still do anything special, or if they have anything planned for 2008.

I think we'll have to wait and see what is announced closer to October.

McGoofy
04-03-2008, 01:27 PM
We were at DTD this past October on 10/30. They were doing the kids trick-or-treat that night. We got there toward the end so the dance party and such was over already, plus it was raining, so that may have hindered a few things. I did see a sign while we were there that they were doing the Halloween trick or treat on 10/30 and 10/31. My guess is that's what they would do again this year. We went to the MNSSHP on 10/31. Personally, if I had a choice between 10/30 and 10/31, I would rather do MNSSHP on 10/31. It's just really cool to do that on actual Halloween night. Tickets go on sale May 1, and Halloween night always sells out. Have fun no matter what you decide!:mickey:

judoma
04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
We went to MSSSHP on the 30th last year because the 31st was sold out. Unfortunatly, it rained so much, we didn't even stick around long. We were pleased to find out when we went back to the resort that, the resort we were staying at, CBR, was having a Halloween Party for the kids. It was completely unannounced. The party was complete with crafts, games, trick-or-treating, a DJ, and Donald Duck. We had so much fun, it was a blast! I would imagine that most of the resorts and DTD do some version of a Haloween Party on Halloween night.:mickey:

JPooh
04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
We were there last Halloween. We counld't tickets for the party on the 31st so we went on the 30th and went to dinner at DTD on Holloween. Just about everyone was in costume. There was alot of trick or treating for the kids at the store. They did music and some activities going, it was so crowded we weren't their long.

They also have dance parties, trick or treating and activities at the hotels