PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Suites questions

lulu'smom
03-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm wondering what you all think of the All-Star Suites. Has anyone stayed in them recently? How comfy are the fold-out beds? And can you tell me if you can get an AAA discount on them?:confused: Thanks so much!

MNNHFLTX
03-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I've never stayed in a All Stars family suite, but I did find a couple of threads that might help answer your questions:

Any Review of ASMU Family Suites? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110911&highlight=star+%22family+suites%22)

All Star Music Family Suites Questions (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=124513&highlight=star+%22family+suites%22)

Hopefully someone with more first-hand knowledge will post as to whether or not you can get a AAA discount on the suites. :mickey:

cajunmickey
03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Depending on how soon you need your information. We will be there in 8 weeks. I have a suite booked for the end of May. I could answer your questions then if not to late. Can't wait!!!:D

DisneyGrrrl
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I also have an ASMU family suite booked for mid-May and would like some opinions. Off to read the links...

Lizzie
03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
We stayed there last September. We got a free upgrade and loved the stay. The queen room was great for me and my husband. Our twin girls stayed in pack n plays in the living room. Which with two pack n plays still had room to walk around. We loved everything about it. I would encourage anyone to stay there and to have groceries delivered to save time on breakfast. We also stayed in the first building on the right facing the parking lot. We were on the bottom floor. We loved everything it was a great trip.

lighteningqueen
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
We LOVED IT.. The rooms were a good size and not closed in like a reg room. 2 TV's, 2 FULL BATHs... It was great for the 5 of us. We took the ottoman which makes out into a bed and put it on the right side of the tv unit in the living room. It fit great and moved the table and chair set in front of the window. That way at night whne we came in and our little 4 year old granson had fallen asleep on the bus we could put him in bed and not have to make it out. I dont care if they gave us a deluxe, this room is the best. Better than sitting on beds at the end of the day to talk about our day. We even brought our own small Christmas tree and set it up since we went in Dec. We were on the top floor and never heard a noise one and were across from the pool. The food is very good at the Food court as well. For 181.00 a night and to get seperate sleeping areas and 2 baths what other resort offers that???

lighteningqueen
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh yea... The kitchen area was great for the fridge and to set up the ironing board etc. We had donuts in there several morning we bought at the gift shop. Plus there are 2 safes. Lots of storage as well and its nice to have the desk in the bedroom to keep the laptop on. Which by the way if your bring one and hook up to the phone, they do not charge you per day and it was not slow for us at all without High speed.

Hull-onian
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm wondering what you all think of the All-Star Suites. Has anyone stayed in them recently? How comfy are the fold-out beds? And can you tell me if you can get an AAA discount on them?:confused: Thanks so much!

:welcome: to Intercot.
We are staying next door at All Star Sports. I was on the edge about getting a suite at Music. Last minute, I changed my mind. It'll all be good.

EJS-Houston
03-28-2008, 11:48 AM

I've stayed at All-Star Sports in November '05 and November '07 and was very happy with my stay both times. The All-Stars are definitely no-frills resorts...however I don't plan to stay in my room very much when at WDW. But even with the no-frills nature, you still get Disney customer service (e.g.: Magic Express, Magic Hours in the parks, park purchases get sent to your resort's gift shop where you can pick them up without having to lug them around the park all day)...and I have to say I've been perfectly satisfied with the food court breakfasts to start each day. If you're a coffee drinker, though, bring your own travel coffee-maker and coffee; the two people in my party who drink coffee were not impressed by the ubiquitous Nescafe you find throughout WDW.

I've chosen the All-Star Sports because the shuttle buses that serve all three All-Stars pick up there first and drop off there first.

I can't speak to the fold-out beds...but the regular beds were perfectly comfortable and I slept very soundly every night.

And I've used my AAA discount both times to get a great rate.

Hope that helps! Have a wonderful time there wherever you decide to stay!

EJS-Houston
03-28-2008, 11:51 AM
My goof! I didn't read carefully enough to see that your question was about All-Star Suites. Sorry!

lulu'smom
03-28-2008, 09:32 PM
My goof! I didn't read carefully enough to see that your question was about All-Star Suites. Sorry!

That's ok! You still provided me with some good info!:)

Thanks everyone for your input. I do plan on ordering some breakfast food, as to save money and get to the parks quicker in the mornings. The suites look very neat. I am so excited!

Though I must tell you that my 7 year old niece was very upset that we were staying at a resort that doesn't have room service. That girl is convinced she is a true princess!:princess:

Hull-onian
03-29-2008, 04:05 PM

Since I am staying at All Star Sports, I found it very informative. :thanks:

dmallan
03-30-2008, 08:00 PM
We stayed at All Star Music in January and opted for connecting rooms rather than a suite.
To answer your question, no, there is no AAA discount for the suites. We were able to get a 20% discount on two connecting rooms bringing the total for two rooms to $130 per night. Can't beat that!
I guess the kitchenette would have been nice, but we brought a 4 cup coffee pot, and cereal and poptarts for breakfast, so it worked out well.