PDA

View Full Version : Epcot area Deluxe Resorts

SteveO
03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Greetings;

I've mostly stayed at POFQ and have loved it. Looking to stay at a deluxe this trip; I spend most of my time at Epcot and the Studios so it just makes sense to me to stay near them. I'm leaning towards the Yacht Club but can be easily swayed. My two "wants" is something somewhat laid back with 24 hour food service. I looked at all the deluxes and it seemed that the CR was the only resort with a 24 hour food court.

The questions are: which deluxes near Epcot will feed me at all hours and offer a "quieter" atmospher?

PS: Traveling alone if that matters.

BronxTigger
03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
The Yacht Club is laid back and I think all the rooms have a full balcony.

The 24 food is what will trip you up. Beaches and Cream is open until I think 11p and there is a Marketplace that I think opens at 6am or 7am. There may be 24 hour room service, but I'm not sure. You can stock your room with some snacks from the Marketplace (or Main Street Bakery) to get you through the night.

The Boardwalk Resort is not far; many of their food places are open late too.

Seasonscraps
03-23-2008, 01:53 PM
The Yacht Club is a beautiful resort! The only thing that may not be too laid back is Stormalong Bay - I have never been there but it just looks hectic.

Of the Disney resorts by Epcot, I prefer the Boardwalk because the pool area seems a little calmer and has a nice pool bar.

As for food, there's a lot on the Boardwalk. I know ESPN Club is open until 1am weekdays & 2am weekends but I am not sure about 24 hour room service.

But the Swan or Dolphin has a 24 hour room service and maybe quick service food place if you want to consider a non-disney resort.

laughingplace<3
03-23-2008, 02:33 PM
S+D have a food court/marketplace, however it is not 24 hours. It's open pretty late though; correct me if I'm mistaken but until 1-2 am?

None of these places have 24 hour food courts or anything like that. I am not sure about room service. Because of the fact that none of them really have an advantage over the other in this category, I'd go with whatever you are more interested in. Since you are traveling alone, Beach Club would be nice because the pool area is large and bustling. I'm sure you could meet loads of people to chat with in one of the many hot tubs. :) Beach Club is also my personal favorite.

SBETigg
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
The Grand Floridian and Polynesian also have 24-hour food service, not that it helps you if you wish to stay in the Epcot area. I wonder why not the Epcot resorts but all of the monorail resorts have the 24-hour food availability?

SteveO
03-23-2008, 03:45 PM
The Grand Floridian and Polynesian also have 24-hour food service, not that it helps you if you wish to stay in the Epcot area. I wonder why not the Epcot resorts but all of the monorail resorts have the 24-hour food availability?

I wonder the same thing about why the Epcot resorts don't have 24 hour food service. I stayed at the Contemporay once and loved the food court with late night dining. Also noticed that the GF has it. Looks like I will do the Yacht Club and make sure I stock up on some snacks for those late night food attacks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-24-2008, 09:35 PM
The Dolphin has a 24 hour restaurant/food/store open on the bottom floor. Here's the info on it:
Picabu
A curious gallery of evocative food and decor, Picabu was created to delight both kids and the young at heart. The always-open adventure eatery serves up an affordable and unique dining option for the entire family in a buffet/cafeteria setting. The centerpiece is Picabu, a delightful and adventurous wood-carved and brightly painted animated character who diners will find behind every corner leading the way through the unique and unforgettable dining experience. Picabu, designed by Kakadu Art & Design in Wood, Ltd. will fascinate kids (and parents) as they make their way through the restaurant’s selection of America’s favorite foods. Open 24 hours a day; seven days a week, Picabu is located in the Dolphin wing, and also offers a 24-hour sundries shop that includes toiletries, magazines, snacks and gifts.

And it's a very quick walk from Y&B or Boardwalk if you don't want to actually stay at the Dolphin.

wendy*darling
03-24-2008, 10:43 PM
I wonder the same thing about why the Epcot resorts don't have 24 hour food service.
Looks like I will do the Yacht Club and make sure I stock up on some snacks for those late night food attacks.
The Yacht & Beach Clubs DO have 24 hr room service! :thumbsup:

But I do think it would be wiser (and way less expensive!) to grab some snacks from the Marketplace and stock the room and your fridge) for those late night munchies.

Also I think the Yacht Club would be your quietest option.
Stormalong Bay- while a very popular pool complex- is not a crazy, loud place. And it's hours are limited- so noise from the pool is never really a factor. This is the only pool on property that is actually CLOSED (and gated) when the lifeguards leave.

You've got plenty of food choices- from fine dining (Yachtsman Steakhouse) to poolside fun foods (Hurricane Hannah's & Beaches and Cream) and even character meals (Cape May Cafe for breakfast). Plus- all of the food options right across the lake at the Boardwalk.

It's an easy walk or boat ride to both the Studios and Epcot.

I really enjoy both the Yacht and Beach Clubs. I think you will too!

playdead88
03-25-2008, 06:26 AM
we love the epcot area resorts - we have stayed at the boardwalk and the beach club - there are several food options though there may not be a food court open all night there is the boardwalk that has a walk up pizza window at spoodles and a few food carts out there that have hot dogs, nachos, fries and of course funnel cake! each of the resorts has a market that you can stock up with and there is always gardengrocer.com that may save you a couple $ by ordering from them - they deliver - and not to mention you have world showcase at your back door that is open till 11 - have a great vacation! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-25-2008, 10:48 AM
My favorite is the Beach Club! Very relaxing. I like having the option to walk to Epcot and you can take a ferry ride to Epcot and DHS. Also when we were there in Sept they had movies on the beach. They played the Little Mermaid the one night.

Brian
03-25-2008, 11:09 AM
The Yacht and Beach Club is one of our favorite resorts. Both share the same amenities (pool, restaurants, etc.), but the Beach Club seems to be a bit louder. The Yacht Club is definitely quieter and more laid back.

crazygoalie39
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
My personal choice would be the Boardwalk but the yacht Club is definitely a good choice.

Tigerinvestigator
03-25-2008, 11:52 AM
If I had to choose I would pick the Beach Club first because of its theming and proximity to Epcot followed by Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan, and then Boardwalk. The Dolphin has Picabu's which is open 24hrs and is great compared to the old fast food service the Dolphin used to have. We stayed there in December and had the best view we have ever had at WDW and the food and staff were excellent. The rates are hard to beat at WDW!:thumbsup: