PDA

View Full Version : Just made my adr's please review

em-n-mia's-mommy
03-23-2008, 01:27 AM
I made my adrs today for september. We are on the deluxe dining plan. So far this is what we have that we have already done in the past:

liberty tree tavern dinner
1900 park fare dinner
50's prime time cafe dinner
crystal palace for dinner

This is what we have not done yet and would like opinions if you would please give them:

California Grill for dinner
Crystal Palace for breakfast
cinderellas royal table for lunch
ohanas for breakfast
tusker house at lunch
hollywood and vine character breakfast
sci fi dine in theatre for lunch
akershus for breakfast
coral reef lunch
tutto italia for dinner
kona cafe for breakfast
tonys town square for lunch

Natazu
03-23-2008, 02:01 AM
California Grill for dinner - one of the best, two thumbs up - try the ravioli appetizer
Crystal Palace for breakfast - s'ok for a character meal
cinderellas royal table for lunch - the deluxe dining plan is a great way to dine here
ohanas for breakfast - good character interaction, good food
tusker house at lunch - haven't been here since the change - looking forward to trying it
hollywood and vine character breakfast - not one of my favorites
sci fi dine in theatre for lunch - this is a waste of a meal coupon in my opinion
akershus for breakfast - princesses, what more to say
coral reef lunch - great choice for lunch
tutto italia for dinner - should be good
kona cafe for breakfast - one of the best breakfasts at WDW
tonys town square for lunch - canned Italian - pretty place though

luvdiznee
03-23-2008, 09:35 AM
At Cali Grill I had the pork tenderloin and loved it. SciFi for lunch loved the chili and the burger was good. But that chili was really good. Can't wait to go back. Went to Coral Reef for lunch, had the best lobster bisque and their grilled chicken caeser salad was good,too. Enjoy. :mickey:We are going in September, too. Can't wait to make my ressies.

kathiep
03-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Just made ours this morning too. And we're also staying at the Poly. Maybe we'll see you there!

Hull-onian
03-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I like all your choices except for Hollywood and Vine. It is only my opinion, I guess, but I am not nuts about it. I like Prime Time better which is right next door, but I don't know if they do breakfast. No matter what you do, it's all good.:thumbsup:

auntfrannie
03-23-2008, 12:04 PM
My experiences:
Absolutely one of the best meals I've had at Disney!
Great selection and a beautiful setting. Try to get an 8:05 ADR on a day that the park doesn't open early. That way you can be done with breakfast and back on main street before everyone else gets in!
I did this before it was a princess lunch. The food was pretty good and it was a leisurely lunch.
tusker house at lunch
A good lunch, especially considering it's counter service. The Flame Tree Barbeque is also good in AK for counter service.
Service and food were both mediocre. I think there are better places to eat in the Studios.
coral reef lunch
I've had lunch there twice and it awesome both times.
kona cafe for breakfast
Love the Kona for the Tonga Toast. And it's a short hop away from the MK.
Once was enough for me. Nothing special or memorable about the food or the service.

Jared
03-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Actually, I haven't tried any of your new places for the meals you have booked, but I wanted to congratulate you for making your reservations and wish you a great trip.

Listen to Jym. He knows everything.

:tasty:

momof3+twins
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Crystal Palace has a great breakfast.
Sci Fi has awesome atmosphere, alot of fun!

mkymouse0206
03-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Our family favorite breakfast is Crystal Palace. We make an adr for 10:30, the last booking. The crowds have thinned out and the characters give you much more one on one time. We use character breakfasts more like a brunch and grab a counter service later for dinner.
Haven't had Ohana for breakfast but it is amazing for dinner.
We don't care for Hollywood and Vine at all. I know some people do, but to us it had a very cafeteria feel about it. The food was forgetable.
Akershus is fine, we won't do it again because it didn't stand out as a "we have to have that again" meal. That being said...if you need a meal with the princesses this is it.
Have a great time planning and have a great trip!!:mickey:

JMTStone
03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
ohanas for breakfast
tusker house at lunch
hollywood and vine character breakfast
akershus for breakfast
coral reef lunch
tutto italia for dinner
kona cafe for breakfast

We can't do a trip without eating at the Castle. We've been planning it for our BBB ressies directly before so we have our little princess eat with the princess.

We weren't crazy about askerhus or Sci Fi. Askerhus because there wasn't enough food for a hungry 14 year old and the 5 year old wasn't into it. Sci Fi because we like to get back together after our adventures and TALK (Imagine that, a DD teenager talking to Mom)

We like Tony's and Coral Reef.

All in all... you can't really go horribly wrong.

Belle_0717
03-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Hollywood and Vine breakfast is great.
Avoid tusker house for lunch. Try boma for dinner instead. The food is much better. Boma's breakfast is great too.

EvilQueen2006
03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
California Grill for dinner- excellent choice!
Crystal Palace for breakfast - another great choice. Don't miss the puffed french toast!
cinderellas royal table for lunch- no comment
ohanas for breakfast- no comment
tusker house at lunch- no comment
hollywood and vine character breakfast- no comment
sci fi dine in theatre for lunch- no comment
akershus for breakfast- it was ok, most of the food was really salty. I liked the cold buffet better than the food they served.
coral reef lunch- Only have been for dinner, but I think it was really good. Try the Chocolate wave and the lobter bisque.
tutto italia for dinner- no comment
kona cafe for breakfast- excellent. have fun deciding betwen the tonga toast and the macadamia pancakes. Both are excellent!
tonys town square for lunch- no comment

Hair_Razor
03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
We were not impressed with Sci-Fi. If I had payed attention to this site when we went our first time I would have avoided it.

GrmGrninGost
03-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Cali Grill - one of the best!
CP for breakfast - excellent
CRT for lunch - very enjoyable
'Ohana for breakfast - excellent
Tusker House lunch - haven't tried it since reopened
H&V breakfast - haven't tried
Sci-Fi Dine In - hate it, worst food I've ever paid for!
Akershus - haven't tried it yet
Coral Reef lunch - this has quickly become one of our 2 or 3 favorite restaurants at WDW!
Tutto Italia - haven't tried yet
Kona Cafe - haven't tried yet
Tony's - will be going for our first time in Sept.!

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I have not been to a lot of these but i will give my opinion (which i want to reiterate is JUST and Opinion).

50's Prime Time Cafe
I love it there, I think it is a cute atmosphere and the food is nice and homestyle kind of food.....but make sure you eat all your veggies or you will get yelled at!

California Grill :thumbsup:
This was one of the nicest dinners of my recent honeymoon, great food, nice atmosphere, and fun to watch the fireworks if you plan it for the right time.

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
I do not care for this, I just don't think the food is all that great but on the contrary this is my husbands favorite place to eat and is a must anytime we go. The milkshakes always look good though and I never remember to get them so I recommend getting one.

Coral Reef
Very fun place, the food is good but there is not a huge selection so if you have picky eaters in your group beware.