PDA

View Full Version : Do we need Lanyards?

Tinks my favorite
03-22-2008, 11:42 PM
I have heard that the lanyards would be good for holding your passes instead of keeping them in your pocket. If we should have them, can I only buy them at WDW? Thanks!:mickey:

Dakota Rose
03-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Check the travel section of your local department store. You can also sometimes find them at office supply stores.

JCDarzi
03-23-2008, 12:22 AM
I find that lanyards are extremely handy for holding your park passes/room keys/fast passes. I just got back from WDW and couldn't find my lanyard before we went. I ended up buying one at WDW. It was made like a badge holder and wasn't used for pin collecting (those are a wider strap). It was $7.95 but I didn't like it because it had a huge Mickey Mouse metal decoration on it (like 3" x 2"). It made it heavy and I hit my DS2 with it everytime I bent down to pick him up. I'm sure there were other choices in the park but that was all I found.

As a result, I would try to find something before you leave. Like the post before, office supply stores have them. If you are driving to WDW or have access to a car, there was a wonderful supply of them at the Wal-Mart closest to Disney World. I got a cute Tinkerbell one there for $3 that was perfect a couple of years ago. That's the one I couldn't find for this trip.

mook3y
03-23-2008, 02:19 AM
I have had a couple of these for our trips and find them to be very handy.

One suggestion is to keep comfort in mind. Cotton is going to be more comfortable than nylon. Rounded corners are better too ;)

azdisneymom
03-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I bought one of those lanyard pouches on my last trip at WDW and will use it again. We never had to hunt for tickets or fastpasses once. You can buy the pouches as an office supply store or Disney. The Disney ones have several additional clips on them to hold whatever your imagination can think of. I took mine to work and have enough clips to hold ID cards, room keys and whistle (yes I work at a school).

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-23-2008, 01:43 PM
We bought laynards at WDW a couple of trip ago, and we love them!

It is so easy to slip your room key/tickets/$20 into it, and not have to worry about anything falling out!