PDA

View Full Version : Disney Moms Welcome Package (merged)

elmjimmlm
03-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Has anyone received theirs yet? I am wondering what they will be sending or when they will send it...If anyone has theirs let me know...

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I received the email telling me I would be receiving it but, I haven't seen it yet.

I'm keeping a look out though!:mickey:

Princess2BsMom
03-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Just wondering what is the Disney Moms Welcome Package? How did you get it? Curious about the details.

kakn7294
03-23-2008, 05:13 AM
I haven't received anything yet either and I haven't heard of anyone else getting theirs yet.

The Moms welcome package is being sent to those of us who applied to the Mom's panel contest but were not selected. They have created a Mom's club instead and I received the following e-mail about 5 weeks ago:

Dear Kathy,

Overwhelmingly, you voted to name the new Walt Disney World ® "Moms Club" the "Mickey Moms Club". So we officially welcome you and introduce our first Mickey Moms Club enewsletter!

We hope you will enjoy being a part of the Mickey Moms Club and receiving your bi-monthly newsletter, packed
with parent-friendly Walt Disney World® news and special downloadable features. It's also a way for you to send the information you receive about Walt Disney World ® to other moms and parents you choose.

You will also be receiving your Mickey Moms Club kit in the mail sometime this Spring. It will be packed with fun surprises, the brand new 2008 Vacation Planning DVD and items to share with friends. Once again, welcome to the Mickey Moms Club, and don't forget to visit the Walt Disney World ® Moms Panel website at: www.disneyworldmoms.com.

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
I sent in an app for the mom's panel but have never received anything about this Mom's Club. Did you have to do anything else maybe?

elmjimmlm
03-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I sent in an app for the mom's panel but have never received anything about this Mom's Club. Did you have to do anything else maybe?

After I submitted my app for the moms panel, I received an email stating that I was not selected...A seperate email came asking to vote on the name of the new panel...There was also an email sent about a welcome package and a newsletter...Hope this helps...

crazypoohbear
03-24-2008, 09:01 AM
I received the same letter but I have not received anything either :(

frakers
03-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Still waiting on mine as well. I had actually "forgotten" about it since we've been so busy around here lately. I'm sure I would've remembered when we got to WDW on April 5th though! :blush:

katzctkpt
04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Has anyone received their welcome pkg from the Moms Panel? Just curious. My email said early spring and I think we are in spring but I don't think spring knows. It's cold enough to snow.

senderella
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
No yet, but waiting patiently.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Still waiting here too....;)

McGoofy
04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I haven't received anything yet either and I haven't heard of anyone else getting theirs yet.

The Moms welcome package is being sent to those of us who applied to the Mom's panel contest but were not selected. They have created a Mom's club instead and I received the following e-mail about 5 weeks ago:

Hmmmmm.... I didn't get this e-mail. I did get the one back in January that had us vote for the name. I even voted for Mickey Mom's Club as the name. In that e-mail from January, it mentioned receiving a gift in spring 2008. I had sort of forgotten about it. I wonder what's up?

McGoofy
04-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Oops...I take back that last post!:blush:I unintentionally ummm..."mispoke.":blush: I looked in one more place in my e-mail and found that same e-mail. It was dated 2/14/08 and was a Mickey Mom's Club eNewsletter. Ok...so I am still getting the same e-mail as everybody else!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I just received an e-mail from Disney:

You will soon be receiving your Mickey Moms Club Founder Kit. So they should be on the way soon! :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I just received an e-mail from Disney:
So they should be on the way soon! :mickey:

I just got the same email about 10 minutes ago!:thumbsup:

just2mickey
04-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I just got the same email about 10 minutes ago!:thumbsup:

YEE HAW!I just got my e-mail and I love our logo. I know this is greedy but wouldn't it be cool if we got a T-shirt with that on it so we could wear them in the parks? One can hope. Congrats to all my fellow members.

elmjimmlm
04-13-2008, 12:40 AM
I still havent received my email...I hope that this doesnt mean that I wont get the welcome package...:(

dolphinmickey9170
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
OOPS, my title has a type and I can't fix it, sorry!

Just wanted to update everyone regarding the "gift" that the Mickey Mom's Club has sent out.

I had posted a topic a while back about an emailI got from the Mickey Mom's Club, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I received a fun packet with a mouse pad, a club car magnet, a sheet of stickers, a new planning dvd and two Tinkerbell trading pins. It also had a Mom's club pocket book with tips inside. This all came in a big folder with a picture of the fab five on it. It's really a cool gift. It was truly an honor to be chosen.

Has anyone else received theirs yet?

I will keep searching for our original thread so we can link them together (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123384&highlight=received). I found it!!

KineGirl
04-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Wow!!! So cool! I cant wait to get mine! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

chefmickey3
04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Oh! My mail hasn't come yet today. I got an e-mail too and I hope it comes today. It would be a great Monday present! We leave in just over 100 days and we are getting very excited. This would be great! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to.

mouseketeer mom
04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Ooo! Can't wait to get the mail today I bet its there!:mickey:

DisneyWhirled
04-14-2008, 12:08 PM
That is awsome, Kristen!! I do hope I get one, too!

Four weeks left 'till our May party!!

wiltsan
04-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I received a packet today as well. As it was stated, what a nice Monday surprise ! The mouse pad brightens my desk as I type and we leave for our 16th trip in 10 days so the timing is great !

On another note, I applied for the MMC, made it to round 2 (while at WDW) and ultimately was not chosen. I wonder if Disney has made information available on the answers the selected Mom's provided? And while I, of course, felt that I should have been chosen :), I understand that answers are all relative and so I would love to see the responses of the folks that were picked, get a feel for what the judges really were looking for, piqued their interest etc.

Think this would ever be made available?

Catzle
04-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Just got mine today! It is great! Love the pins!

KineGirl
04-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Me too! Me too! Got mine - so cool! :number1:

mouseketeer mom
04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Where is that mailman????? I'd love to get the mail uninterupted, before the kids come piling in so I can savor my package!

kakn7294
04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
The mail just came! I had to run right out and grab it (especially since the mailman left it fastened to the mailbox flag by a rubber band :confused:). My envelope was opened but it appears that everything is fine inside. It's a great little gift!

KineGirl
04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
The mail just came! I had to run right out and grab it (especially since the mailman left it fastened to the mailbox flag by a rubber band :confused:). My envelope was opened but it appears that everything is fine inside. It's a great little gift!

You know its funny that you mentioned that - so was mine. Maybe its something to do with mail "security" or just plain bad glue? Im just glad I seem to have gotten what everyone else got! Enjoy everyone!

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Got mine today too! Awesome!!:mickey:

Catzle
04-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Mine was also opened but all in tact.

SBETigg
04-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Mine too! Open but wrapped in a rubber band, but everything was there. I even got an extra sheet of stickers. It was a nice dose of Disney magic on a dreary Monday. :mickey:

whistlewhileyouwork
04-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Just got mine......what a nice surprise....

Love the real life photo of the "gang" on the front.

murphy1
04-14-2008, 02:28 PM
This is neat, mine was open too. My mail lady has been delivering for a long time and thought it was neat they did that. Love the extras!!

DakandZakMom
04-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I also got mine!!!! I was soooooo excited. :mickey::thumbsup:

Mine was also open and the mailman attched it to the flag with a rubber band. :secret:

katzctkpt
04-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I've got to wait until I can go check the Post Office. I do in home daycare and can't go until either my DH gets home to set with them or send him and I'd rather be the one to go or he'll open it and take the good stuff and leave me the stickers. He's a Disney fanatic!!!

dolphinmickey9170
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM

Funny you say that Kathy, mine was also open. It must be the glue. Oh well. It was all there and I was so excited. Keara started pointing at Mickey's head and laughing. She can't say Mickey, but she sure knows who he is. 117 more days til our August bash!!

That is awsome, Kristen!! I do hope I get one, too!

Four weeks left 'till our May party!!

Karen, we have 30 days left. I can't take it another minute. Katy and I just talk DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY. We watch as much Disney stuff as we can, videos, planning DVDs, disney channel, travel channel. I just can't wait another minute.

Donald's Girl
04-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Got mine too! Though I hate to complain about getting something free I was very disappointed to see the Photopass discount expires in August! Since I'm going in December, doesn't do me a whole lot of good!

mouseketeer mom
04-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I got mine too! My said it was "damaged upon arrival and resealed by the USPS" Everything was intact, I especially love the Mickey Moms Club magnet for my car.:thumbsup::car:

elmjimmlm
04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I got it!!!!! I got it!!!!!!!! I got it!!!!!!! Of all days for the mailman to be late...My DH met him in the driveway...I love the stickers...My kids are already fighting over them and the pins...255 days to go...This makes it harder to wait but I love it...Thanks Disney:mickey3::minnie::goofy::donald:

katzctkpt
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I've got to wait until I can go check the Post Office. I do in home daycare and can't go until either my DH gets home to set with them or send him and I'd rather be the one to go or he'll open it and take the good stuff and leave me the stickers. He's a Disney fanatic!!!

DH left work early and went to the PO and picked up the mail. Of course he opened it and took what he wanted.:( That's alright I'll get his wallet he has to sleep sometime.:funny:

Deesdisney
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I just got my package too. That was nice of them. I guess I did not make it. LOL. ( Since I never recieved anything else). Still pretty nice of them.

biodtl
04-14-2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't even think I was getting one, so it was a nice surprise when it was waiting for me!

just2mickey
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
GOT MY WELCOME PACKAGE TODAY!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

It came with a welcome letter, a DVD for Planning, A Huge car magnet with our logo on it, a mouse pad, two Tinkerbell Pins (one for you and one to share with a friend), and stickers. I love it! I love it!

mizzoumouse
04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Got mine today also!!! Love, Love, Love, Love it!!!! :mickey:

magicofdisney
04-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Just got mine too!

Mine also has a picture of the gang attached to the front (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald & Goofy)

tinksmom02
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Got mine today! So excited! I think it's a pretty cool package they put together--for free!

ILoveLegos
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Super cool, mine was in the mailbox today too!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Mine arrived today as well!!:mickey:

I love the pins. My daughter took one and put it on her landyard, took the pic of the characters and put that on her dresser and put most of the stickers on her folder for school.

I tried to explain that those things were for me!!:D

just2mickey
04-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Mine arrived today as well!!:mickey:

I love the pins. My daughter took one and put it on her landyard, took the pic of the characters and put that on her dresser and put most of the stickers on her folder for school.

I tried to explain that those things were for me!!:D

Hee hee! That's funny. I also got the picture of the Fab 5! How in the world could I forget that? I put it on the fridge. I have one of those all in one scanner/printer things. So, I scanned my mousepad (with red construction paper) behind it and made it my desktop wallpaper! Woo hoo!

tigger24601
04-14-2008, 09:32 PM
got mine today!! i'm soooo excited!!! it's such a nice treat and it only got us more excited about our upcomig trip next month.

prprincess
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
My package was waiting at home for me last night, too!! I'm glad to know that mine wasn't the only package opened. Thanfully, everything that was on the list they provided was in there, so I was relieved.

I guess we'll be able to spot each other via our car magnets. :)

crazypoohbear
04-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I got mine yesterday as well.!! :mickey:
I'm afraid of using the car magnet, I don't want someone to steal it :(

ILoveLegos
04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
I guess we'll be able to spot each other via our car magnets. :)

Funny story: when I opened the package I lifted up the magnet and announced to my mom, sister and niece, "A Huge Refrigerator Magnet!" and they all said, dad will never let you put that on the refrigerator... he just finished remodeling and doesn't like that "lived in look". Then I read the packet and it said it was a car magnet, so I told them the good news, then they reminded me that I drive a plastic car (A Saturn View). Laughing at this point I grabed some double sided sticky tape &crazy glue - that's when we we all lost it laughing. :thumbsup:

senderella
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Got mine yesterday too. Love it! I had received one of the pins last year as a Year of a Million Dreams gift ( I was the pick up customer of the hour at Hollywood Studios). Hold on to your pins...I don't think you can buy those.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
:woohoo:I got it ! I got it ! Mine too was opened and fastened with a rubberband?

I got mine yesterday too but mine was open too with a rubberband on it? Mine is missing the car magnet? I am so bummed right now! What does it look like? I wonder if they would send me one if I wrote them? It looks like the evelope had a rip strip on it, did it? I wonder if someone thought something valuable was in the package or if they are getting stuck in the mail machines?

McGoofy
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I received my package yesterday.:minnie::mjump::tigger::goofy: I loved it! That was much more than I ever expected to receive as a consolation prize!

I read the packet and it said it was a car magnet, so I told them the good news, then they reminded me that I drive a plastic car (A Saturn View). Laughing at this point I grabed some double sided sticky tape &crazy glue - that's when we we all lost it laughing. :thumbsup:

I didn't even know that cars were plastic until just a few weeks ago, I tried to put my son's school magnet on my car (a Subaru Legacy), and it would not stick. I couldn't believe it! It did stick to my husband's car (a Subaru Imprezza). So now I'm bummed since I can't put my MMC magnet on my car. I'm guessing my DH won't put that one on his car.;) I already had to give up my Mickey antennae topper because my car came with satelite radio, and there is no place to put the topper.:(

Got mine yesterday too. Love it! I had received one of the pins last year as a Year of a Million Dreams gift ( I was the pick up customer of the hour at Hollywood Studios). Hold on to your pins...I don't think you can buy those.

I was given the same pins at the Emporium last December. I had on a Tink shirt, and the CM asked me if Tink was my favorite. I told her yes. After I left the store, I realized that she had slipped those trading pins in my bag. I think it will be worth hanging on to at least one!:tink:

I got mine yesterday too but mine was open too with a rubberband on it? Mine is missing the car magnet? I am so bummed right now! What does it look like? I wonder if they would send me one if I wrote them? It looks like the evelope had a rip strip on it, did it? I wonder if someone thought something valuable was in the package or if they are getting stuck in the mail machines?

The car magnet looks just like the mouse pad except instead of a yellow background, the background is white. I'm sorry that yours is missing!

My package was open also when I received it. Fortunately, based on what everyone else has mentioned, I don't think anything in my package was missing. The strip that you normally tear to open was intact, but the glue to seal the envelope didn't work, so the flap was open when I received mine.

prprincess
04-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm afraid of using the car magnet, I don't want someone to steal it :(I actually had that same thought after I posted. Now I'm not sure if I want to put it on my car.

wendy*darling
04-15-2008, 01:42 PM
they reminded me that I drive a plastic car
Me too- I also have a Saturn Vue.
Alas, no car magnets for me.
I love my car, but I wish I could put magnets on it. I do not like stickers- too permanent!

It does look nice on the fridge tho!:thumbsup:

It was a wonderful surprise getting Disney goodies in the mail! I wonder what else they have in store for our new Club? :mickey:

frakers
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I also thought that putting the magnet on my car was way too tempting to passers-by. My solution was to put the mouse pad, (since we use a laptop anyway), on my dashboard. It fits perfectly, won't slide since it has the rubber backing and isn't likely to be stolen that way either. Plus, those who have "plastic" cars don't have to worry about it not sticking anywhere! :thumbsup:

RockChalkKimball
04-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I got mine yesterday also. I popped the video in right away and to relive the magic. I was at EPCOT last week and just found out I get to go back in July. Can't wait to wear my new pin.

I remember reading somewhere in the application information that those chosen would be asked to commit to six months. I took that to mean that they would change the panel from time to time. I sure hope. It would be great to spread the fun to those of us who are obsessed:thumbsup:

murphy1
04-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Think of how much free advertising they are getting with those magnets! Brilliant whoever thought of that one! (except for you plastic car owners LOL)

LuckyMum22
04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I got my package yesterday (4/15/08)! I loved the envelope and the colorful packaging. Disney knows how to make this feel special!
I slapped that magnet on my mini van and now I'm proud to drive that big ol' gas guzzler around like a typical suburban soccer mom...:ack:
Truly hate that van and the "van woman" image...but the magnet makes it better!
We need new avatars here on intercot for the new logo. I love the logo and I'd be proud to use it! I really like the idea of T-shirts so we could wear them at the parks!

Flower
04-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Living in Canada and rarely getting correspondence from Disney (ie Mickey Monitor), I figured I would not see my moms package, but SURPRISE!!!! There it was tonight in my mailbox!!!:mickey: What a truly nice gift, especially the :tink:pins!!!

I wonder if they will re-post the positions once the 6 months is up for the 'founding' moderators?

I also wonder how many moms panel packages were mailed out?

divinedi
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I wasn't sure I would get one either as I also live in Canada, but WOW, got mine in the mail today, very nice!! :mickey:

I was a little disappointed though, I thought it was my ME tickets, Deb at MJ mailed them out on March 31st and I still don't have them :( , may have to go without, although I still have a little over a week to go, but my DSIL got hers over a week ago, and they got sent out at the same time! I know I don't 'technically' need them to ride ME, but it's just exciting to get them, you all know what I mean, and it's the last thing I'm waiting for before our trip! :cloud9:

McGoofy
04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Living in Canada and rarely getting correspondence from Disney (ie Mickey Monitor), I figured I would not see my moms package, but SURPRISE!!!! There it was tonight in my mailbox!!!:mickey: What a truly nice gift, especially the :tink:pins!!!

I wonder if they will re-post the positions once the 6 months is up for the 'founding' moderators?

I also wonder how many moms panel packages were mailed out?

HA!:D I don't think living in Canada has anything to do with getting the Mickey Monitor. I only live 6 1/2 hours away from WDW, and it is hit and miss getting the Mickey Monitor! I've heard many AP holders complain about not getting it. I'm glad you got your MMC package though!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I actually had that same thought after I posted. Now I'm not sure if I want to put it on my car.

I can't bear the thought of someone stealing my magnet, so I taped it to the inside of my front window, passenger side right hand low corner, with transparent packing tape. It looks awesome, and no one can steal it. I am looking forward to spotting other Moms club magnets in my travels!

Buttercup
04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I got mine! I didn't read the last email they sent out -- I accidentally deleted it. So it was a BIG surprise when I went to the mailbox today!!!

I'm trying to decide what to do with my magnet. My mom just bought a place in Florida so we might put it on her golf cart... and I'll bring it to Fort Wilderness to use on my golf cart the next time we stay there! I don't want to put it on my real car because it will probably get stolen...

But such a cool surprise! I'm off to watch the new DVD now!

Buttercup
04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
2 questions that I just thought about...
I didn't think I was chosen - so why am I getting the package? Just as a thank-you for applying?

Did anyone else get the email a long time ago with printable Disney stationery? I haven't printed mine yet but it looks cool! :mickey:

Flower
04-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Did anyone else get the email a long time ago with printable Disney stationery? I haven't printed mine yet but it looks cool! :mickey:

Gosh, I got the email but I think I deleted it - I don't even think I looked at the stationary....oh well, too late now I guess.

murphy1
04-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Disney Moms, here's a job for us to help one of our own, don't forget to vote for Tripp West as Disney CMO. He has been so much fun to watch and I really believe he would be great at the job!! He really needs us right now!

http://www.dreamcmo.com/

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Patricia
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Living on the far west side of Canada, I finally received my package yesterday.

Right now, my car magnet is stuck to my back door. :)