PDA

View Full Version : Please rate & review the Sci-Fi Dine In

Jeff G
03-22-2008, 01:32 PM
This week I'll be doing two more polls.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried the Sci-Fi Dine In thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows (I'm inculding the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Le Cellier - 3.43
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.10
Coral Reef - 2.76
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Thanks!

DisFan01
03-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I voted for Excellent!

An unbelievably good theme! I always get the hamburger with a milkshake. The hamburgers are very good. The theme is the best part though. You've got to check it out! :thumbsup:

Jared
03-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I gave the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater the lowest possible score, although the theming is worthwhile. Unfortunately, the food is so bad I cannot recommend the restaurant. If you really want to have the experience, which I would suggest if you extra time, go at a weird hour and just order a milkshake. Otherwise, use your valuable meals elsewhere.

IC10
03-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I voted average cause I do go at the odd times to enjoy the theme, the air conditioning and the milkshake ans fries. That is the way to enjoy Sci-Fi

Natazu
03-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I gave the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater the lowest possible score, although the theming is worthwhile. Unfortunately, the food is so bad I cannot recommend the restaurant. If you really want to have the experience, which I would suggest if you extra time, go at a weird hour and just order a milkshake. Otherwise, use your valuable meals elsewhere.
Soon, I'm just going to lurk and let Jared post instead of me.

gojoe
03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I have to admit the food is not the best on site but it was good quality, hot and served a great themed restaurant. We ordered burgers, fries, chicken fingers, soda and great shakes. One of our girls cracked a joke to our server and he came back with a back seat drivers licenses for them. Something they talk about 2 years later. The movies bring me back to Saturday matinées. It's a don't miss. :thumbsup:

Jared
03-22-2008, 03:04 PM
But then how would I be able to pretend I know so much?

chicklittlemom
03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
My kids and DH love SciFi. And they had some good food here. I unfortunately did not. This time I will stick to the burgers and shakes that they enjoyed so much.

That being said, this is the one restaurant that they have asked to return to this year.

Overall, I gave it an excellent- because my kids are making me.......

Wells
03-22-2008, 04:13 PM
We always enjoy the Sci-Fi!
The key to this restaurant is to order something appropriate to the themeing. By that I mean just like you wouldn’t order fish sticks at Victoria & Albert’s, who the heck would order sautéed pork medallions at a drive-in? Here, like at Prime time, you have a lot more fun you play along.

dmosher
03-22-2008, 04:35 PM
We love this place!
Sure the food is "OK". But the themeing and atmosphere here is just incredible.

We love it so much in fact, we actually sought out some of the horrible films that they play and host a B Movie night at our house now. Too much fun!

:pipes:
D

DizneyFanz
03-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I rated it as Average because Poor said...
"Don't waste your time with it"

The food is pretty poor, IMHO BUT it's worth going for the atmosphere alone.

You can order just an appetizer or dessert and experience it that way if you wish. That's what we do.

Celakip
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
The food is OK but, in my opinion, you don't go anywhere in WDW just because of the food. You go for the experience and theming, and this place has got it!:mickey:

azdisneymom
03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Loved the onion rings and artichoke dip. The only negative was how dark it was. A bit too dark for these eye to read the menu. I would definitely go again but take a small flashlight.

thumperbug
03-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I've been there several times. Sometimes were just average. The last time was great. We were a party of 5 and the car we got was 3 rows, so I opted to sit solo in the rear as my nerves were shot from dealing with my DS (5). The waiter saw the exhaustion on my face and brought me the most fabulous and extremely large cocktail. By the time our food arrived (I got the Reuben which was yum) I was perfectly content to sit by my lonesome in the back row enjoying my drink, my food and extra attention from my waiter. But I agree...atmosphere is the pull at Sci Fi. We try to go every trip.

JCDarzi
03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I gave it an average, Great theme/so-so food.

I like the theme...it's a very cool restaurant but I guess I have something against eating in the dark. I haven't enjoyed my food both times I've been there. We just got back from WDW two days ago and we ate there on this trip. My hamburger was very undercooked. I ended up not eating it and snacking on some fries. My 11 year old niece who was with us really enjoyed it though.

Magic Smiles
03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
I voted excellent. Don't remember what we all ate, but do remember that we all really enjoyed our food. I had the salmon. As I don't really like fish I have to say this dish was great. DS had a burger and just loved it also. Have no idea what DH ate. We sat at the back at the picnic tables, but we did not have reservations and just walked up and in for dinner. This was in May 06. My only complaint was that it was FREEZING in there. I was dressed for the hot weather outside and was frozen inside. DS wanted to eat there again on this past visit, but we were trying out new places this time round, but would highly recommend eating there at least once.

LandFan
03-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I gave it an average. It has very mediocre food but awesome atmosphere! We like going there to get out of the heat. It's fun!

kaerbear178
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I gave it an average as well. I like the atmosphere but the food definately leaves something to be desired. We were also in the back when we went so it didn't really feel like the drive-in. I would go once for the atmosphere or maybe to get shakes but that's about it.

JPL
03-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I gave it poor the food is awful while the atmosphere is great. I would rather have a burger at Backlot Express than spend twice as much for the same quality burger. It's basically an overpriced CS location.

GrmGrninGost
03-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I gave it a poor. We have only been once, and it was the absolute worst food I've had on WDW property. The only plus was the atmosphere. I did like that!

Hull-onian
03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
With Jared's Sci-Fi expertise, I usually side with him. I am still on Jared's side. This is my daughter's choice, I couldn't say :nono: to her. So I will make the best of it and have a chocolate shake and cheeseburger.

Jared
03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
With Jared's Sci-Fi expertise, I usually side with him. I am still on Jared's side. This is my daughter's choice, I couldn't say :nono: to her. So I will make the best of it and have a chocolate shake and cheeseburger.
I totally agree with your decision! When I review a restaurant critically, I'm not considering confounding variables like eager children. I definitely think all kids should have the opportunity to try the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater once because it really is awesome in there. When my family tried it a few years ago, we knew the food would be lackluster, but we just wanted to see in the inside. Now that we have, we choose not to return.

But thanks for the completely unnecessary flattery! ;)

:tasty:

RAIDER
03-23-2008, 04:28 PM
The Sci Fi has a unique atmosphere to which you cant help but love . I ve been there many times and loved each visit ..The milkshakes are a the best i have ever had .... ( i voted very good )

On the downside the menu is very ordinary and nothing to write home about ......

But like i said if you want a unique dining experience ..then this is the place :thumbsup::mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-23-2008, 04:55 PM
The atmosphere is awesome while the food is fair to middling at best.

ldc12377
03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I LOVE this restaurant!!!!

As it has been said before, they have really good burgers and shakes. The rest of the adults in our group except for me all ordered the ribs and loved them. I'm not a ribs person but I loved my burger and fries. Plus I had a cherry Coke that was wonderful.

The biggest perk to this place is the atmosphere!!! At no other restaurant were ALL three of my kids (8, 6, and 2) all entertained at the SAME time. This was a great bonus. I actually got to sit a enjoy an entire meal without any kids wanting to leave before I was done. (and I'm a pretty slow eater!!) Actually we had to drag the kids out of there!! They didn't want to leave. Any of you with kids will understand how rare that truly is. ;)

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I voted poor.

It was one of the first table services that I tried and it is the worst. The food was absolutely terrible. I left most of it on my plate and had something somewhere else an hour or so later. The service wasn't very good either.

SBETigg
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I couldn't say it was poor, because the atmosphere and experience is a lot of fun. But I wouldn't risk it for dinner. For lunch or snacks, it is a good choice.

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Aweful is more the word! Will never eat there on purpose again!:ack:

pink
03-24-2008, 01:14 AM
We make sure to go to the Sci-Fi everytime we go to WDW. The last time we went was in June- the food was pretty average and nothing special. However, the atomosphere makes it our favorite themed restaurant in DHS. :mickey:

dumbo10705
03-24-2008, 04:24 AM
Went there in 2006, and was so disappointed. The food was gross, put it this way we had to go get something afterwards. Luckily it was during the free dining so it didn't really cost us anything, except heart burn for my husband later that night.

lightyearfan
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
maybe i'm in the minority on this one but me and dw have eaten at the Sci-Fi twice and both times we thought that the food and service were excellent! the entre's that we got were really good and the apetizers were just as good. we enjoyed ourselves on both ocassions and yes we will be going again on our upcoming trip:mickey:

And as a side note i'm one of those picky eaters and if i don't like something i won't eat it or go back to that resturant no matter what, just like Mamma Melrose, our food was soooo bad that i would never go back, they out so much garlic in there food that it's unbearable, unless if you like hawking garlic breath.

Victor

dumbo_buddy
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
i voted poor. food was TERRIBLE, service was slow.:sick:

even though the atmosphere is pretty cool, our service was so slow that the show was looping and we saw the same thing THREE times!

c&d
03-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I voted very good. The food is good, we love watching the old clips, even though we've seen them a million times. We've also had some of the best service there, on a par with what we've received at Artist Point.

DDuck66
03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
I rated it very good. The food is simply average but the ambience is completely fantastic.

IloveDisney71
03-24-2008, 08:14 PM

I couldn't agree with you more and couldn't have said it better myself. :)

May524
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
I gave it an average. I've enjoyed my visits, but the food is just that average.

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I gave the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater the lowest possible score, although the theming is worthwhile. Unfortunately, the food is so bad I cannot recommend the restaurant.
:ditto:

:funny:

Not really funny, Jym, I love reading your reviews!!! (No offense, Jared! ;))

DisneyCouple07
03-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Sci-Fi is a must for me, and last year's trip was no different. My DW, and my younger sister both love the atmosphere (as do I). I will give and say that the food isn't the greatest ever (kinda reminds me of Applebee's), but it's also not the worst of any Disney park. This past time our food was excellent and our server (Mike) was awesome, fast, and really funny. Overall it is an Excellent-must do every time. :mickey:

kwhitt3202
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I rated this average because even though I thought the theming was great the food was only ok. Visited here March 1 on the deluxe dinning .The lights are so dim that you can barley read the menu. My husband and I each got an appetizer and both got the hambuger both were so big we couldn't eat desert so we gave it to the people behind us. This is not a must do but I would eat here again.

ncrohrs
03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
We were happy with the Sci-Fi. We did lunch with our 3 kids. Atmosphere is very cool, the kids enjoyed the movie. A little dark as far as trying to eat. The cars are fun but you do not get to really see everyone you are dining with as they are not set up with everyone facing each other (at least most of them are like this). But it was still a fun place.

We stuck with basic lunch fare: hot dogs for the kids, burgers for us. All very tasty and service was good. We all had oreo milkshakes for dessert, these were not excellent, but quite good.

I would not consider this a "must do" as there are so many other disney restaurants I really want to try! However, if the kids wanted I would go back again some time.

joonyer
03-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Our family has always loved the Sci-Fi Dine-In. The atmosphere is terrific, especially for kids or any fan of "B" movies. My boys love it. They are teens now and still want to go there. Plus, during hot weather, it is a cool & dark getaway from the hot streets.
WE have always been there for lunch, and have thoroughly enjoyed the food. The milkshakes are fabulous, and so are the onion rings, the best I've had anywhere. And the burgers are very good, and the Reuben is also. Can't speak as to the dinner entrees. We ate at the 50's Prime Time Cafe last year, and although we had fun there and the food was good (not excellent) we prefer the Sci-Fi.

Jasminegirlsmom
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I gave it an average. The food isn't all that great, but it is edible. I do like the atmosphere.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
03-26-2008, 08:42 PM
I voted VERY GOOD!! It's a fun place to eat at and the atmosphere is very cool!!:thumbsup: