PDA

View Full Version : binaural audio recorders

dumbo ears
03-22-2008, 11:30 AM
im looking into buying a binaural audio recorder but I dont know what a good one is. Could anyone recomend a recorder and/or tell me where I can get one for not too much money

DizneyRox
03-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Need more information on this one.

What are you recording that you need binaural sound? How much are you willing to spend, are you looking for just a recorder, or do you need binaural microphones as well?

DizneyRox
03-24-2008, 08:04 AM
To record park audio, you need several things.

1. A recorder
2. A microphone or microphones
3. The ability to edit audio

You probably want to check on over at one of the Disney audio sites for more information. There are several people that regularly record park audio that may be able to assist. From what I understand, $150 isn't going to get you far, I've seen some recorders in the $300 range alone and you'll sill need software and a microphone.

garymacd
03-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Here is a set of small in-ear microphones. What you hear, they hear. They are small, unobtrusive and easily concealed. If you walk around with a couple of great big microphones, you will probably be questioned on what you are doing. These look just like mp3 headphones.

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-TFB-2

These are also cheap, but have pretty good specs. There are many available on that page. I usually like Sennheiser equipment, but on checking their website, I only saw one, and it was a great big handheld condensor type.

Willful
04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Taylor, I'd recommend the Sound Professionals binaural microphones. That's what a lot of us podcasters use. Most of us also use the iRiver IFP. I have the IFP-899. unfortunately they don't make these anymore so you need to find old or refurbs. They used to be available on eBay. But they are getting hard to find.

If you have the money, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Zoom H2. That's what I recently purchased for Disney park audio and it RAWKS!!! So crystal clear. It works very well with the SP binaurals as well.

Audacity is pretty good for audio editing software especially since it's free. :D

Recording park audio takes practice but it's fun.

And it all depends on what you're trying to do.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions...you can also PM if you want as well.