PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Ears

laward32
03-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I was wondering if any one had bought Mickey Ears since March 5th with the new type embroidery? If so, can you post a picture of the embroidery. I know they are not using the old time embroidery anymore, so I am curious what it looks like now. I think they are using computer technology know. I am very curious, if anyone has any input. :mickey:

John
03-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Not much difference.

See here:
http://albums.mouseplanet.com/DLNOSProcessed/HatEmbroidery1_061106_AVP.jpg

Left is old - right is new.

Though I have seen that you can get more modern fonts now as well in addition to the more traditional look.

Young@Heart
03-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I MUCH prefer the one on the left. Too bad it's the "old" way. The last time I bought ears was in 2001 and I don't know where they are. :(

DisneyGiant
03-22-2008, 12:18 PM
I MUCH prefer the one on the left. Too bad it's the "old" way. The last time I bought ears was in 2001 and I don't know where they are. :(

I got my ears from taking the Mickey's Magical Milestones tour. They don't embroider them - they write your name in one of the ears.......

We tried to get them embroidered but they won't do it - as "it has already touched your head."

No biggie - its not like I wear them...... its a decoration in our living room now!

But while on the subject of Mickey ears - I enjoy the pirate version of them with the ear ring in one ear!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-22-2008, 01:06 PM
The new way looks so....

Well, it's sad that such a delicate artform has been lost. You say there isn't much of a difference yet when looking at the photos, it's a very clear and distinct difference. It almost makes it looks like the left was the computer and the right was the person because of the level of skill.

Young@Heart
03-22-2008, 10:44 PM
The new way looks so....

Well, it's sad that such a delicate artform has been lost. You say there isn't much of a difference yet when looking at the photos, it's a very clear and distinct difference. It almost makes it looks like the left was the computer and the right was the person because of the level of skill.

ITA. It's very sad that they would change something that looked so nice before and make it look, well.....no so nice. :(