PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay Advice Question

DakotaDisney
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
For adults what is the best plan for days at Castaway Cay?

Do most people(all ages) do the snorkelling and boating in the morning or afternoon?

Will it be less crowded in the afternoon or morning?

My thought would be to go to Serenity Bay in the morning then after lunch do the snorkelling and boating, but I have never been before and I am looking for suggestions for my cruise in May. It is a double dip at Castaway if that makes any difference. ( are the waters typically more crowded one stop over the other?)

Thanks!:mickey:

Experiment626
03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I Usually like to go snorkelling first thing. It is usually not as crowded and since few people have been out yet, no one has stirred up the sand and the water seems to be clearer than when I have gone later in the day.

We usually snorkel for an hour or 2 then head over to serenity bay for some lay in the sun time then back to Cookies for lunch. I know they have food at Serenity Bay but for lunch I like to be back where more action is going on.:mickey:

TammiMcMan
03-21-2008, 06:28 PM
If you want to snorkle in the roped off area, then definitely go first thing in the morning. It's less crowded and as 626 mentioned, the water is the most clear. You can also take your snorkle equipment over to the adult area. Just a word of warning though, it's open ocean water and you never know what you might see.

Considering you are doing a double dip, you might want to make your first stop the adventure time.... snorkeling, boating and eating in the main area of Castaway Cay. For the second stop, head right over to Serenity Bay, claim a hammock and just relax. Have lunch there, grab a drink at the bar and maybe end the afternoon with a couples massage.

thejens
03-21-2008, 07:16 PM
ooooh, that sounds SO nice!!! Too bad I have two rowdy little boys with me! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
03-21-2008, 07:48 PM
ooooh, that sounds SO nice!!! Too bad I have two rowdy little boys with me! :mickey:The kids club do operate on Castaway Cay. Our youngest spent the morning with us and then met up with the club for lunch and the afternoon activities. DH and I were free to go to Serenity Bay for a few hours while she played. We had the beeper to keep in touch.

Tinkermom
03-21-2008, 10:26 PM
The kids club do operate on Castaway Cay. Our youngest spent the morning with us and then met up with the club for lunch and the afternoon activities. DH and I were free to go to Serenity Bay for a few hours while she played. We had the beeper to keep in touch.

I think DH and I are going to try this on our next cruise!:thumbsup: I would love to check out Serenity Bay!