PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Safari Breakfast or Chef Mickey's?

KAT1811
03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I've gotten some very positive feedback regarding Donald's Safari Breakfast :donald: in the AK but I have also heard some great things about Chef Mickey's :mjump:. I am still a little undecided (leaning a little towards Donald's) and I thought that my friends at Intercot could help. :wave:

Here's the scoop. . .

It is our third DDs 2nd birthday :party2: . We will be spending the day at AK :elephant: :monkey:. Our other children are 11 and 3 (she'll turn 4 two days later). What would you do?

Here is why I am leaning towards Donald's. Although we are staying in the MK resort area and transportation to Chef Mickey's will not take all that long we will lose so much time in the entire process (travel, check in, seating, eating, and then transport to AK) :faint: I figured that we could make an early ADR (before AK opens) and then be far into the park when it does. :cloud9:

I am just not sure which one the kids would enjoy more. Birthday's are a BIG deal in our family and I want this to be a fun day for her.

Kairi_7378
03-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I think that you will have a blast at Donald's. It has received some very positive reviews from our resident character dining experts! Plus, it would be really cool to be far into the park when it opens. Your birthday girl will feel like a princess as she gets to go on rides with little to no wait. I'll bet your 11 year old would love the chance to be one of the first on EE, too.

BigRedDad
03-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Since you are going to AK that day, then Donald's. Get an ADR before the park opens and you are already at the back of the park for the Safari first thing in the morning.

Jared
03-21-2008, 10:58 AM
If you're going to Animal Kingdom that day anyway, I like the idea of making a reservation at Tusker House Restaurant before the park opens. Even if you are staying in the Magic Kingdom, transportation to the Contemporary and then all the way to the park might be a nuisance unless you schedule an especially early breakfast.

The character meal at Tusker House Restaurant is new and garnering mostly positive reviews. I haven't tried it yet, but I think you should!

:tasty:

GrmGrninGost
03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Chef Mickey's for breakfast is my families most favorite character meal! The atmosphere is great! The food is great! For us, nothing tops it!! :mickey:

Magic Smiles
03-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Chef Mickey's = Excellence
Tusker House = food terrible, characters great

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Love Chef Mickey's!!! It is my favorite breakfast spot!! Very entertaining and the food is yummy!!

Von-Drake
03-24-2008, 07:50 AM
This was a close one. I am a BIG Donald fan. I like the Donald's breakfast Big Time. But overall the atmosphere at the Contemporary is great. They get you so involved with all the songs, etc... We had a great time. However, it being a choice between the two for breakfast, I would go to Donald's we prefer Chef Mickey's in the evening for dinner. Either way I doubt you could go wrong. Have Fun.

#1donaldfan
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast for sure !!!! Just like you already know...eat breakfast and when done, your deep into the park, ready for the fun!!!!!:mickey::thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Chef Mickey's just seems like the "official" one. Plus - you get to ride an attraction (the monorail) to get to it. And they characters want you to dance with them! :mjump:

Oh and the food is delicious too!!!!!

mickeymousedabomb
03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
We've done both of these character meals, I voted for Donalds. We did Chef Mickey's twice for breakfast and once for dinner. Donalds we have done once for breakfast. Both are great! Two totally different atmosphere's here. Food at both are wide varieties, plentiful and good. Character interaction is great I liked AK's a little more b/c the characters coax the kids to grab maraccos and dance along with them out of their seats. I guess the atmosphere at Donalds and the interaction with the kids/characters is what swayed me to choose Donalds. On our next trip we will eat here twice before park opening on our 2 days at AK! Both are great, you'll love either.

joanna71985
03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I can officially vote in June. I have done CM breakfast, but I will also be doing the new AK breakfast in June!! I can't wait!

As for CM, it is a LOT of fun. I really love the celebrations they do there.

animalkingdomguy
03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Chef Mickey's is a great experience.

joonyer
03-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Chef Mickey's has a great buffet, but it seems that they are more people seated there and you don't get as much time with the characters. We went to Donald's Breakfastosaurus last year, before AK opening so we could hit EE (several times) as soon as the park opened. The food was very good, and we got a lot of character time. Plus I think it is the only character breakfast where you get all of the big 4(at least in my opinion) Disney characters; Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. Both Chef Mickey's and Donald's are good, but if you are going to be in AK that day anyway, I would definitely do Donald's, before park opening, then get an early start there.

thatkindofday
03-27-2008, 08:26 AM
I personally prefer Chef Mickey's. I like the atmosphere better and I liked most of the food better, but Donald's has an awesome fruit bar if you like fruit and the food's not that different. It seems like there's more food at Chef Mickey's, but there may not be. If you're going to be in AK that day anyway, then Donald's is probably going to be about the best, because you'll get into the park b4 everyone else (assuming your reservations are early enough) and can maybe get on something like EE w/o a really long wait. My favorite will always be Minnie's Minihune (sp) though. I was sad when they changed that to the Lilo and Stitch thing.:(