PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood Of King at Value ??

Marker
03-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Just booked my room for April 8 & 9. I was getting knd of nervous, yesteday they didn't have anything available in either value or moderate resorts. This morning they had something at All*Star Sports, and All*Star Movies, YEA!!!!

So now I'm wondering, what is the likelihood of us getting a room with a king bed?

It's just my wife and I, and I would like to think that the value resorts have more families than couples, thus making it a decent chance of getting a King. Thought maybe some of you folks could provide some further insight.

A full size bed just doesn't really cut it for us any more. I think I may keep checking for a moderate, but at this point I'm just happy to have a room.

offwego
03-21-2008, 10:08 AM
That's a good question Marker..though I do think more couples stay there then we think (since the room price is right for young couples without kids and you get more space for two)

However asking on the ressie and asking at check in can't hurt. If you don't care which other building your in that would likely help as well. Are you arriving early or late? Many people say it's easier to get what your looking for early in the day vs late at night but I'm not sure how true that really is.

Marker
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll probably be getting there noon-ish.

We're staying 3 nights on the Atlantic beach, and then stopping at WDW for 2 nighs before we come home. If I get there by noon to return the rental car, it'll save me another day's rental. So I think I'll aim to be there by noon.

However, if it'll help get a king, I'd be willing to get up and get moving to get there earlier.

And no, I really don't care what building we're in.

offwego
03-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll probably be getting there noon-ish.

We're staying 3 nights on the Atlantic beach, and then stopping at WDW for 2 nighs before we come home. If I get there by noon to return the rental car, it'll save me another day's rental. So I think I'll aim to be there by noon.

However, if it'll help get a king, I'd be willing to get up and get moving to get there earlier.

And no, I really don't care what building we're in.

I might be worth it..as the more time they have to work with (ie check you in but not needful to get you in the room or care what building) the easier you'd be making it for them. If it doesn't kill your plans for the day I'd try to be as near noon as you can. (I can tell you are best luck with room assignments is when we request only the thing we really want like you are!)

Good luck and enjoy your trip..:mickey:

Marker
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
And I'm just happy to have a room. This is kind of a last minute thing, and yesterday, they had nothing available at value or moderate resorts. Oh, they could have put me in the Grand Floridian, but that's not really in my price range.

So I was thrilled they had a couple value spots this morning. But I think I might keep checking for a moderate. If we can't get a king, there's a world of difference between a queen, and a full bed.

I wonder if there is a difference in the number of kings in Standard Rooms vs. Preferred Rooms.

wendy*darling
03-21-2008, 11:41 AM
But I think I might keep checking for a moderate. If we can't get a king, there's a world of difference between a queen, and a full bed.
Marker- the mods also have 2 doubles or a king.
Unfortunately, you won't find a queen until you get to the Deluxe resorts.
So, I'd stick with the value if I were you.

Mrs Grumpy
03-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't know what the chances are but when we went in 2006 I had it requested on our reservation. We did not check in until 1:00 AM and were given a king room in the preferred section (we were upgraded). It was a handicap room though.

sbnewbride
03-25-2008, 02:16 PM
My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and we stayed at All Star Movies. We requested a King when we made the reservations (about 2 months out) and there was no problem in getting that size. Like the previous poster said though, we did have a handicap shower area, which wasn't really a big deal. Good luck!

Oh, but we also checked in at about 9:30am. Don't know if that makes a difference. :mickey:

jwildflower1981
03-25-2008, 02:44 PM
We were not granted out wish for a king bed. My DH and I spent our anniversery trip in seprate double beds. Not my idea of a romantic get away. We will not do value again and will only go modarate (or delux if the money Gods shine down on us...lol) mainly for that reason. With the modarate resort you can request a king bed through booking and pay a few $$$ but will get it for sure. Good luck!