PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Camp Fire Sing along and Movie

TOThater
03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Has anyone been to the Fort Wilderness camp fire and sing along? My family and I are planning to go in May and wanted to know if it is worth going to. :cap::mjump::minnie:

GrumpyFan
03-21-2008, 01:26 AM
The campfire, singalong and movie is one of the best kept (free) secrets at WDW. We did it a few years ago and it was lots of fun. They have a snack bar where you can buy a few things including a s'mores kit, complete with sticks. It's definitely worth doing. Of course, it's not high tech entertainment like some of the night time fireworks shows, just good clean family fun.

Check out the Disney Camping (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=32) forum for more info and a schedule.

Buttercup
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Love it! We go once every trip!

teambricker04
03-21-2008, 09:28 AM
We went to this on our last trip to Disney and it was great fun for our 3yo and we really enjoyed it as well! (The baby fell asleep, so I think he really liked it :))

I agree... a hidden gem. It is nice because it is early enough for little ones. Plus, another character greeting! You can bring your own food for the bon fire or purchase it. The sing along was fun... some songs from the parks and Disney classics, even a little history about the songs. Even if you don't make it through the movie, the sing a long and character meet are worth the early arrival.

I think if you were to do an early Hoop de Doo dinner, this would be a great way to end the night. :mickey:

yjgirl715
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Do you have to stay at the Wilderness Lodge in order to go to the event?

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Do you have to stay at the Wilderness Lodge in order to go to the event?

Nope. Actually, it's at Ft. Wilderness, not the Wilderness Lodge, but you don't have to stay at either (or even on property) in order to attend.

yjgirl715
03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Thank you Beast Fantatic. We are going to do the HDDR and thought that would be a neat idea to do also. My DS5 will love it.

kaylamag
03-21-2008, 07:44 PM
We did this during our trip in January. We only ran into one problem...one of my daughters decided that shortly after we got there that she needed to use the restroom. We walked to the closest bathroom, only to discover that you needed a room key to get in and our Pop Century room key didn't work! We stayed for the sing a long but left before the movie. We stopped at a restroom (that didn't need a key)before taking the ferry over to MK.