PDA

View Full Version : dining plan changes

justice11
03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
i heard that with the dining plan this year they have cut out the appitizer and the tip is it still worth it. justice11

Seasonscraps
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Trip reports seem to indicate there is a savings just not as much as there was when the appetizer & tip was included.

Here is a cost savings estimator (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp) form that will help you determine your appox. savings.

JPL
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
The average savings according to most reports with the changes to the paln are $5-$7 per person per day.

lockedoutlogic
03-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I would say that it is still worth it....but is probably more likely a scratch for most people....

to get the full value....you have to go to about one of 5 or so sit downs that feature high prices while only charging 1 credit.....

we did this....sometimes intentionally...sometimes not.....

anyway, the value is probably still good for some.....worse for others....

I would expect that next year the per person price will increase by about $10 dollars....as the execs will not be content to lose a penny on food...they will push to at least make it a even wash...count on it.

lightyearfan
03-21-2008, 09:00 AM
i heard that with the dining plan this year they have cut out the appitizer and the tip is it still worth it. justice11

not sure if it's worth it for you, but you can upgrade to the deluxe version of the DDP and you'll get you appetizers, and 1 more snack each and a refillable mug from your resort, the only thing is that you still have to pay tips. me and dw were originally on the basic DDP, but have since upgraded to the deluxe. hope this helps with your decision.

Victor