PDA

View Full Version : Villa question?

Deesdisney
03-20-2008, 07:10 PM
My daughter is turning 21 in feb. 09 and we are taking her to WDW. My mom has a timeshare (not WDW) and is going to try and change it through Interval for a week at WDW for her present. Does anyone know of anyone doing this? Did they get in or is just a waste of time? I wanted to do this also so I can check out the DVC. Thank you.:confused:

Tinksalot
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
We are Marriott Vacation Club owners and we traded our place for Saratoga Springs and Old Key West last September. We thought it would be impossible! We had to change our dates to a week before we planned on going, but it was no big deal. :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
It's worth trying, but I'd have a backup plan too.

I have heard of people getting trades into SSR and OKW. Since they are so big, there are usually available units.

Be flexible if you can with your dates. I think you will have the best chances before President's Weekend.

Good luck. :mickey:

Deesdisney
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Thank you for giving me some hope. We are going to try the week of Feb. 26, however we would be willing to change weeks if we have too. This is going to save us some money so I can put the other money into savings for DVC if the economy gets better.

disneylovinmom
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
We traded our week at Westgate through Interval International for a week at OKW. We were there 12/15-22 2007. We called in January 07 and deposited our week at Westgate to Interval and told them we wanted any of the Disneyworld Resorts. It took several weeks and they called and said they had OKW and we took it. They also called several times in between trying to get us to accept a resort not on property and we had to keep insisting on a Disney property. Since you are going in Feb 09 you should request it NOW. That will give you your best chance at getting something on property. It is not too hard, just insist on a Disney Resort. It is also very helpful if you are willing to accept whatever Disney Resort they have available. I can't imagine that any of the Disney time shares would be bad. OKW was fabulous.